1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ian Ashbee

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Boothferry2Wembley, Feb 8, 2011.

1. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

I dont mind the east, west, south stand stuff. Its far better than the child bloke at arsenal who announces the players y their first names

2. Tigerwill85

Tigerwill85 Member

I have the perfect solution to this almighty problem!!

Why don't we Make our own lovely tapestry similar to the bayeux tapestry of Hastings then we can tell the story that is hull city and everyone gets there favourite players on there!! If we make it big enough we can pass it round the ground before a game instead of thise silly big shirts or flags! :-D

I know I know im a genius

3. ashbeesbuttock

ashbeesbuttock New Member

What about Dawson? And even Bo?

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think it's good that we have a unique pre-match build up thingy going on. Every EPL team has the same song at the moment, and it's the one we started when we first got there, everyone copied it for some reason and now we've moved on. I don't see what's wrong with the passionate, if cheesy, introduction to the stands.

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Oh and Ashbee and Deano both deserve statues. Football legends are hard to come across these days and hardly anyone in recent years has emulated what the previous 'legends' at his club have done. Ashbee is completely unique in his massive achievements and it has to be recognised!

6. Tigerwill85

Tigerwill85 Member

On a serious note I think the idea of having some sort of small museum at the ground to retain links to years gone by is fantastic. Even if it were only open matchdays or weekends. This club has come such a long way and we have suffered so much, I think some supporters forget this or even know about it! I've been at our very last games and I've watched u's draw 0-0 in cup games away at Hayes and I've been to underhill and watched crap football, and I'm very proud to say that! I know bits about the club Pre 80s but not much as that's before my time on this earth but it would be fantastic to have somewhere to show off our history coloured as it may be!!

Top idea!

7. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Er no we aint, we're right on the coast ffs!

8. e18

e18 Member

Good points apart from the Rooney one. Inspirational qualities during the world cup where pitiful.

9. e18

e18 Member

How about sliding one past Gordon Banks.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I quite like the museum idea, we could put it in the unit currently used for the Hull FC shop. <whistle>

11. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I like this! Might give some people the needle though...

<ok>

12. MattTheTiger

Good idea seeing as though some think they may not be there much longer ;)

13. e18

e18 Member

Already full of people living in the past so perfect. Old Hull FC fans rattling their chains and moaning " Hull. Its a rugby City" "When did Hull City ever fill the ground"

14. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

But it is hard to argue with calling him the greatest in terms of achievement and influence.
    ............................................................................................................................................
    cant argue with that <ok>

15. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My mind might be playing tricks with me (I've coem home at 'lunch time' and had a nap today so I've just woken up), but wasn't it something we did way back at Boothferry Park? I also have some memory of Martin Hainstock getting a bollocking for having introduced the East Stand at the KC and then saying Good Afternoon Kempton (which is why I think my mind is playing tricks with me as I know something was said about his announcement of injury time against Bristol Rovers on the last day of our D3 promotion).

16. codbody

codbody New Member

yes great servants of the club,but statues,come on
    they are football players plying their trade,not legends,not heroes,just football players.
    i went to see city for the first time in 1947,every era has their favourites,but deary me if we had to put statues of all of each of every onesfavourite players in each era,they would fill the carpark.
    for me as a boy raich carter,billy bly,were my favourites,then came the likes of don revie,hope and crosby(when the cliche was.were there is hope there is crosby) davidson,simpkins,waggy chillo,twinkle toes(ian butleri could go on and on,but i am sure you get my drift,each of us have our favourite memories and the players who created them.
    i do support whole heartedly the creation of a hull city museum,going back to hull cities inception up to the present day,that is the most sensible idea to come out of this post.

17. MattTheTiger

Ok so in response to your "They're only football players" comment that why do you support the idea of creating a museum? Surely it's only a football team?

18. doveston

doveston Active Member

ffs sakes an old man in football terms he wanted one last pay deal get over it.

19. dem_on

dem_on Member

I don't get all this hero worshipping of Ashbee .For at least the last four seasons he has in the main (when played) been poor .If he hadn't been captain from an early time in his tigers career he wouldn't have kept his place,he is no more than an average 3rd rate footballer with little skill who clocked up yellow cards every season like they were medals of warrior status.This guy has been paid a huge income way above his value for money and you want to idolise him with a statue...................GET REAL!!

20. dem_on

dem_on Member

I'm a '47 man too Codbody and and anyone of the guys you mentioned (plus a score more) would show up Ashbee as lacking in skill and lucky to have got a living out of playing soccer.