1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If Villareal can achieve, then so can we?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by cidered abroad, Apr 30, 2016.

1. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Small Spanish town near Valencia with a population of just 50,000.

Stadium capacity is 25,000.

They within shouting distance of a Europa Final

Also with Leicester City about to be crowned as Premiership Champions already with a Champions League spot.

Then what in this world is there to stop Bristol City from achieving in a similar way?

Red Robin likes this.
  2. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

With Leicester, I think its mostly about togetherness and teamwork- I really hope that they do win the league, as I was only saying last night to some one that it will be a one off-Spurs will win it another time.

It reminded me of our first season in the Championship back in 2008 when we made the play off final. As individuals we concerned, we had shortfalls, but the team ethic got us to Wembley and I still say that the defeat to Stoke with 4 games to go, was the one that really cost us as we should have gone up automatically. We seemed to get late winners when we perhaps didn't deserve to win. Brooker got one against Norwich 93rd minute I recall.

Whilst I dont follow the Prem much, Spurs have always been my team I have a bit of a soft spot for. It goes back to 1971 when I saw us play them in the League Cup semi Final and they had Jennings in goal, Gilzean, Chivers etc and Greavsie hadn't left long and was now at West Ham.T hat went on through the Lineker and Gazza days.That said, I would still was Leicester to do it.

Spurs today have the Kane's, Allis Lamela's of this world as well as an excellent Manager and their time will come. Compare that to Leicester who have one striker that I hadn't previously heard of and another who was kicking around in the non league a few years ago. Central defenders such as Huth, who didn't really make their full potential elsewhwere and probably their player of the year Kante.

Individually, its a bit like our team of 2008-I maintain it will be a one off. Good luck to them.

Mind the gap! likes this.
  3. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

You've got to be in it to win it

How many teams are in the prem with a capacity of around 27,000?
    Quite a few: Stoke, Leicester, Southampton, Norich, West Brom, (and with a bit less) Swansea, palace, Watford,

Add to that Reading, hull, middlesborough, Derby who've been there in recent years

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Only one more season and we'll be up there!

5. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Bristol City will get to the Prem, sooner rather than later, of that I have no doubt!

6. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Hopefully we will be but nothing Is certain!!

For now we can all dream a bit

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Leicester are worthy Champions, but it's even better to see the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U/Man C and Liverpool massively underachieve this season.

Mind the gap! and gdknac like this.
  8. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Some of their fans might even cancel their Sky subscriptions now!

Mind the gap! likes this.