1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If we go down what squad would you keep?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by MasterOfNone, Jan 20, 2017.

1. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

this is obviously a big IF and I don't want to argue about whether we will or won't as there are other threads for that but IF we did find ourselves in the championship what members of the squad would you retain? And I understand some like Siggy will be impossible to retain.

I'd prioritise turning the squad into a young, below 25 yr average, squad and get our wage bill down while keeping some experience. With the U23s performance so far it's time they were given a go. It's already been proven that you can actually win with kids so if we're eventually doomed let's throw them in the deep end.

What say you?

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

A good blend of both youth and experience for me, but I would want to jettison the big wage earners, with one exception of Striker, you always have to pay over the odds for that position, something we have historically not appreciated, a new back line and midfield general should be a priority, as for who should go, they would include Taylor, Fernandez, Routledge, Emnes, Cork, Ki, Montero, Naughton, Amat, for me this lot are all dross, except for Emnes, but he should go as we will never use him..............<ok>

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I'd ditch , Fernandez , Siggy , Ki , Montero , Fab , Taylor , Baston , Llorente , Fer
    Pick a keeper any keeper...
    Naughton , Mawson , VDH , Kingsley
    Routs , Cork , Carroll,Fulton , Narsingh
    Emnes

whoever left on the bench