1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

In the words of a well known song - 'Things Can Only Get Better'

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, May 26, 2017.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

From David Freezer’s chat with Eddie Riemer (pronounced Reamer!!) - “I was a left centre-back,” he explains. “I have an eye for it, it’s a little bit tricky to explain but this is due to my experience playing in past years.
    “We always have an eye on the offence but also always on the defence because our offence possession was so good. “Where we lose the ball it is important to put pressure on the ball to automatically make it more difficult for the opponent to be dangerous and score against us.
    “Of course we want to move forward, when we lose possession the defenders have to put pressure on but if you are speaking about David Wagner or Jurgen Klopp, I would say it is more like Thomas Tuchel or Pep Guardiola – but we will see!”
    FANTASTIC - a defensive coach, so let's just hope he can work with the players and get him to buy into his philosophy and tactics.

The future's bright - the future's NCFC!!!!

2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I think we saw more of that under Irvine, where even attacking players like Pritchard became terriers harassing the opposition until we got the ball back. Fitness will be crucial to that and DF has already stressed the importance of that. Now we need Riemer to find us a quality left-sided CB or two!

EDIT: Just seen this from SW: "He’s here to coach and develop the players as individuals and within the team. And that’s what we wanted at this club – someone who was going to come in and make a massive impact on the coaching side. We wanted a Head Coach to be spending almost all of his time on the most important part of the club – the players, and making them the best they can be."

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks Rick and I'm sure everyone on here is looking forward to how that is going to impact the team.

4. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Reasons to be happy, one, two thr..........

JM Fan likes this.