1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ingol & PNEFC

Discussion in 'Preston' started by barnetpne, Jun 22, 2017.

1. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

It is decades since I lived in Maudland Bank area (true Preston), walking down to Lime Kiln to catch the special bus to Deepdale. The last time I was in Preston, relatives still living in Preston, Penwortham and Cuerden, it was a different place from the one I grew up in. So, the issue over the proposed development of a new training facility plus 100 acres to be given to the City is difficult for me to appreciate. Some accuse the Hemmings family pf subterfuge by concealing a tax-free, money-making venture, but others accuse the residents of NIMBYism and claiming rights where, except for one public way path, there is no public access to the defunct Ingol golf course owned by TH. The Council has rejected the overall plan but accepted planning for the training facility. What do we know? From the football side, PNEFC has ambition to be a Premiership club and needs Premiership facilities. From an Ingol perspective, as in all the UK there is need for controlled and managed development of accommodation. (Come to Norfolk to see developers run amok!) and Ingol has to share in this. There is a closed golf course. The question is what are the issues, beyond calling each other names, that are preventing a compromise? For the City Council to reject an offer of 100 acres in perpetuity means there is morre at stake than the objections of residents.

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

There is a petition which you can sign, not sure were you can find it, has over 3000 signatures already, a lot of those complaining do not live in the area, the local MP thinks we should have it, the club will appeal and I think they will win however I do think the council possibly have a hidden agenda against Uncle Trev he had a previous attempt to build house on the course turned down a few years ago. Let's see what happens.

3. barnetpne

It is what is thought but not said that is the genuine issue.

4. themaclad

2nd application gone in today

5. barnetpne

Less housing & more public space.

6. themaclad

New training ground approved

7. barnetpne

But the Ingol Golf Village lot are going to take the issue to the Home Secretary. Does Amber Rudd know where Preston is?

8. themaclad

Well it is 1 all best of three option