1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Injured players

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 15, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Last night I must admit having both Bradley and Sarcevic subbed in very quick time and seeing them go off the way they did looked a big worry. Just been looking about the sites to see if I could get some scuttlebutt on what was wrong and the lowdown on recovery time etc.

Start with Sarcevic. My son pointed out last night over a beer that he is probably more influential than Bradley and quite possibly would be a bigger miss if he was out long term. He is one of those players that makes things happen and gives space and time to others such as Fox to perform their stuff. When Sarcevic went off last night Fox's game did tail off and his influence wasn't as great. Sarcevic is also one of those box to box types who just seems to keep plugging away and pops up with goals so maybe Son is right. Anyway, it seems there is no long term damage or so Sarcevic was "tweeting". Perhaps the Orient No. 3 wasn't as good at crippling opponents as he thought. Nasty challenge and should have walked for it in my book.

Sonny Bradley was apparently carrying a problem before the game. Allegedly it had been previously agreed that if it was a problem he would go down and be subbed rather than let something really nasty happen. Now I'm none too certain exactly what the problem was or if it was going to be anything long term. From the info available, which is a bit sketchy, it doesn't sound like it will be long term so perhaps we can breathe a sigh of relief again. The game changed when we lost both of them and we are a much better outfit with than without. We do not need key players out like last season even if we do have some cover this time.

2. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's all very well, Sensible, but we desperately need to know if the injured ball boy will be back doing his job soon, or will Argyle need to sign a replacement ? <laugh>

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I cannot imagine what you find amusing wooperts. There is a huge thug of a footballer or rather excuse for a footballer picking on a small angelic child who was simply trying to give him a football back. The child will probably be scared for life now and have to claim disability benefit to get by. Not only that but I've had to get my trainers and shorts out of cold storage as a standby just in case. This may be acceptable further along the South Coast but in this far corner you are not allowed to beat children without a licence bought at great expense from the Council.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The way Orient disgraced themselves and football on Tuesday, anyway they can be punished will do. I hopeful at least of a red card equivalent. Hopefully it will help in getting them the long drop out of the league.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Them and the other nice team Newport Good Riddance.

6. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Why did you have to remind me of Jamille Matt, sensible ? He came on as a sub for Blackpool the other night. He got a lovely greeting from our fans, bless him. :emoticon-0127-lipss

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I know Jamille bullying your small boys was a bit OTT Wooperts. I watched this unsavory attack again tonight on the local news and it looked even worse than it did on Saturday. I see he's been charged and the FA have submitted that he deserves more than the normal 3 games for it. If you saw it you would have to agree he deserves everything he gets. I hope it's no less than 6 games minimum and Orient miss him and lose every game. Being hard as a team is one thing but setting out to injure is completely different. From what I saw that's what they did all game.

One funny part of the beeb report on this was that the Officials didn't see it. What a load of complete bollox that statement is. The fecking Ref spoke to him for Christ sake. What it should read is the Ref failed to act consistent with his entire evening. The useless twat cost us 3 points in my opinion.

8. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Can you provide a link for the video, sensible - so I can see it ?

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There is a video on the matchday thread page 2 put up by notdistant. It's around 10min 45 secs in.

10. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Have had the chance to watch the footage now, sensible, and the "small angelic child" of a ball boy looks at least 30 years of age ! Is that his full time job ?!
    Kelly was a bit hyper in his challenge, but it looked 'heat of the moment' stuff, worthy of say a three match ban. By the way, have you added Orient manager Danny Webb to your list of despised managers, sensible, to join your 'mates' Graham Westley and Steve Evans ? Have you read his comments on BBC Sport today ?

I quote:- Webb, who has been in charge of relegation-threatened Orient since January, was also critical of Plymouth's role in the incident, which happened in the 86th minute of the League Two match. "The referee - did he see it, did he not? Who knows," Webb, 33, added.
    "Plymouth definitely saw it, and I think that's the most disappointing thing, that a club that hold such high moral standards as Plymouth have got the nerve to criticise, to try and make a bigger thing out of something."

Cheeky bugger, isn't he ?

By the way, I like the look of your young winger Kennedy - he scored a lovely goal in the match. We'll swap him for Kyle Bennett if that's o.k. with you :)

11. notDistantGreen

Three match bans are for what players do to each other, not to unpaid under 18's.

Maybe PAFC would not have taken action if:

1) Orient hadn't been totally out of control throughout the match with cynical trips and late challenges galore. The way this guy shoved the ball-boy over wasn't an isolated incident, it's typical of their entire team's attitude throughout.

2) The referee had taken some action on this and 100 other things. Of course the ref saw it but was too cowardly to act. At least he didn't give Orient a free-kick for a foul by the ball-boy which wouldn't have been surprising given some of his other decisions.

12. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

notdistant - my lighthearted comments were aimed at sensible as part of the repartee between us, when he posts on the Pompey site <ok>

Orient are a hard team to play against for the reasons stated. Their player I despise most of all is defender Nicky Hunt, whose appearance is similar to that of a taller Quasimodo, and whose cynical fouls and shoves infuriate me no end. Unfortunately, half the teams in this division play in that fashion. They know no other way.

13. notDistantGreen

Wooperts

I know, I wasn't offended but having been at the game, there's still residual fury at the way they played.

In fact, I haven't got over Wycombe Wanderers' time wasting in Jan 2016 yet. As Sensible said at the start of the season, the Home Park pitch looked fantastic apart from the indentations left by Wycombe players writhing in agony for 90 minutes.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  14. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Strange how their players go down injured, the exact moment the opposition have possession of the ball, and are on the attack !!

I recall last season - can't for the life of me remember who the team were - a visiting player after a minor collision with one of our players threw himself on the ground, writhing about, and rolling over in sheer agony, with his team mates running on to score a goal. As soon as the ball hit the back of the net, the little s*it leapt in the air to celebrate, realised what he had done, and threw himself back onto the pitch writhing around again.

Everyone on the pitch including the referee and linesman totally ignored him, so eventually he got up and walked away. The only people who didn't ignore him were our fans who continuously chanted "Cheat!, Cheat!, Cheat!" at him, much to his utter disgust and disbelief.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Repartee between us Wooperts???? Who are you again?

I've literally just read the Webb comments. Whilst no names appear in his comments I'm pretty sure his mention of Plymouth's moral high are about our Keeper and his past. I hope somebody complains to the football league about those comments and asks him to explain because he has no right at all to criticise who is employed by another club. McCormick has served his sentence and has been released by the State rightly or wrongly. It isn't down to him how the system works so he cannot be blamed for not being locked up forever. He has gone back to his original trade which was footballer. The alternative is he never works again and lives the rest of his life off the state. Webb should not comment. There is a better video somewhere of the incident and it looks 10 times worse on that one. The boy, for boy he is at 17, did not try to slow the game down if you watch it and was in the process of chucking the ball out to the corner when Kelly thought it was a good idea to assault him. I would like the kids parents to report it to the Police now and see how the Courts would view his spur of the moment act. Just to piss him and Webb off completely for being far too gobby and not bothering to appologise until they were as good as forced to. Like the rest of his players the whole club has no class at all. Also dirtiest side I've seen in a long time. A bit of mixing it is one thing but appearing to set out to injure is quite another. He's deffo on my hate list now and is sandwiched between Westley and Evans. You would have to do something pretty terrible to oust Westley off the top...

16. notDistantGreen

And as we know, McCormick was goaded into driving by other players regarding his unfaithful girlfriend and the kids weren't wearing seat belts. The latter could have been used as a partial defence but McCormick chose not to so as to spare the parents.

Doesn't excuse what he did but if only those who had never driven with 4 pints on board criticized him, we wouldn't hear so much about it.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

One of the Orient players was banned from driving for a drink offence as well as nicking the car in the first place. Think it was Parkes. He crashed the car into another one but fortunately for him nobody died. However, I would never excuse what Luke did whatever the goading or otherwise. He has paid the price the System laid down that he should pay is the issue. There is nothing else he can do. We know he doesn't need reminding of it as he remembers it himself daily. I think though that the Leyton Orient Manager ought to look at his own clubs moral high ground before having a veiled pop at others. He is trying to wriggle out of the fact his Captain acted like a thug on that night. Somehow it was the fault of the 17 year old and his boy is blameless. As a leader of men and the club he should be condemning him not trying to get him off by blaming everyone else. Poor excuse for a responsible person in my book. Their supporters are also looking for a scapegoat rather than face the fact that it was their man who done the deed. To use the death of two children for their own purpose of distraction is as low as you can get. Poor excuse for humanity and no class at all.

18. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I do believe that Luke McCormick has other commitments tied up with his parole when released from prison....which he is involved with....for how long I do not know.

19. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It is now twelve months or one year since Ryan Brunt did his knee whilst playing against Barnet (1-3-2016).....Derek Adams has said that it is possible that Brunt could get some match time this season.....there is 13 games over two months still left of this season.

20. notDistantGreen

Hasn't he had a couple of hopefully minor relapses since then? I suspect he'll be behind Taylor and Spencer in the pecking order too..... so it's likely to be a couple of last 15 min substitute appearances if he's lucky.