1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ins.Outs and Resigns Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Luke McCormick has signed a new two year contract....now thats a good start.

Gary Owers has left the club to further his career elsewhere.....best of luck.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Also an announcement about our first summer friendly.....Torquay at Plainsmoor on Tues July 22nd...kick-off 7-45pm.

Could do with some tougher friendlies this summer....to many non-league games last year.

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Sheridan has said we are going for promotion next Season? I would have thought that is the view each season.. not relagation?

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pleasing start now just the rest of the 6 to keep and I'll be happier. Torquay friendly isn't that surprising is it.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Friendly on Sat July 19th away to Weymouth 3pm kick=off.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't do preseason's anymore. we never play anyone worthwhile and it isn't worth a tenner.

7. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Following are being released:-

Maxime Blanchard
    Romuald Boco
    Jake Cole
    Matt Parsons
    Neal Trotman
    Isaac Vassell
    Luke Young

No huge surprises really- sorry to see Luke Y go, probably too good for this league so hopefully he will get a deal elsewhere.
    Interesting that Jake is off- can only presume that there is a plan for the No 2 - expect this is a way of saving money i.e. no point in paying for two keepers when you could get away with one plus a youngster.

8. lyndhurstgreen

New Contract Offers
    Durrell Berry
    Andres Gurrieri
    Matt Lecointe
    Curtis Nelson
    Nathan Thomas
    Paul Wotton

pretty pleased with this lot, especially Nels, Thomas and Gurrieri

9. lyndhurstgreen

Already Under Contract

Lewis Alessandra
    Jason Banton
    Dominic Blizzard
    Conor Hourihane
    Luke McCormick
    Marvin Morgan
    Ben Purrington
    Jamie Richards
    Tyler Harvey

10. lyndhurstgreen

Durrell Berry *
    Andres Gurrieri *
    Matt Lecointe
    Curtis Nelson *
    Nathan Thomas *
    Paul Wotton
    Lewis Alessandra *
    Jason Banton *
    Dominic Blizzard *
    Conor Hourihane *
    Luke McCormick *
    Marvin Morgan *
    Ben Purrington
    Jamie Richards
    Tyler Harvey *

So that is 15 either under contract or being offered new deals , add in Reid and the 2 new 1st year professionals and that is a squad of 18. The eleven * are IMHO likely to feature on match days so I suspect we are looking at getting 4 or 5 new players in (assuming those offered contracts accept them).

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm not surprised at Cole leaving. He wouldn't get a game if McCormick was fit and in my opinion is not good enough. He needs to train for hours on catching crosses and when he has mastered that he would make a decent keeper. The only surprise out of that lot is Wotton. I cannot believe he has been given a new contract. His legs have gone and it shows. Apart from gobbing it off at his team mates, that isn't a criticism by the way, he has little else to offer on the pitch.

As for the list of leavers I am a tad shocked at Young being released. I think he is worthy of a green shirt and an offer at least. The rest it's goodbye and thanks from me. Won't miss any of them.

12. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to see Parsons & Trotman go, both have done OK when I've seen them, although in Parson's case that may amount to only one game. Surprised and disappointed to see Luke Young go. He does give the ball away too often but the best passer of the ball we had.

Also disappointed to see Wotton given a new playing contract to be honest: his legs have indeed gone. Some sort of player/coach arrangement was my expectation, mostly coaching but with his registration kept alive in case of emergency.

Sheridan's made his move so his future will depend on the success or otherwise of what he brings in.

If you've seen this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819

then the importance of getting out of League 2 next season is doubly clear. Wouldn't want to be involved in that stupidity.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Yes I agree notDistant.....surprised that Trotman and Parsons are going........I was impressed with Parsons at Dag & Red.....playing wing back....he looked dangerous over lapping.

Trotman seemed to have a partnership developing with Nelson.....will be an important position to bring in an experienced player.

Young doesn't surprise me.....he has been on the verge of being good without really fulfilling anything for two to three seasons.

I think if there had been any doubts about releasing Cole...Saturday answered the question.....three crosses three goals....not his strength...opposition teams take note of things like that.

Blanchard,Boco and Vassell I agree with.

The one missing name at present is Reid.....obviously wanted by Sheridan....and wants to stay....all to do with how much he'll want...lets hope we get him.

Surprised that Wotton has been offered a contract which at present isn't linked to any other position at the club.....he can only be a bit player on the pitch at his age.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Yes i heard that on the Radio 5 today Distant.. absolute bollocks... what Next... all for the prem and big champs teams..

15. notDistantGreen

.... and the one thing that's stood out in recent games I've seen has been that we don't have a left back other than Purrington, who with all the best will in the world isn't likely to play 46 games.

Parsons must have done something very bad in training......

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Mentioned elsewhere that he might be rather injury prone.....when he came to us he got himself injured before he played his first match....if thats the case it's very disappointing...because I liked what I saw at Dag & Red.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Curtis Nelson has signed a new two year contract......that's good news.

18. lyndhurstgreen

Yes excellent, I can see a scenario where Curtis becomes club captain and (if argyle progress up the leagues) he could appear near the top of the all time appearances list. Of course if argyle don't progress I expect he will be off, as he will certainly be capable of playing at a much higher standard in another two years- but a great signing for now.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I sort of forget he's only 20 as he has been around for so long already. Good news indeed and everything progressing well so far. The crunch will come when it is time to sign new players up and then we will see what the intentions are. Feeling that it will be a while yet before we see anything like that happening.

20. notDistantGreen

It may be a while before we sign new players: clubs are only now sorting out their retained lists and then there'll be a period of search and negotiation - probably a month at least, if not two.

However, before that, we'll know what is going to happen with Reuben Reid, who's a free agent. I suppose he'll take a while to make a decision but with his name on the League 2 top-scorers list, he may not be short of offers. I think most have us have taken the view that you can have a successful team without having a 20+ goal a season striker. On the other hand, if you find one, it would be stupid to let him slip away......