1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

International Racing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, Sep 14, 2016.

1. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

It's only a Maiden, but this debut by RUBILINDA (a daughter of Frankel) at Belmont Park was something special last night.

Cyclonic and OddDog like this.
  2. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Holy smoke, Cyc, what a credit to harness racing this Grand Circuit meeting is. How I wish I could be there, the best trotters in the world, without a shadow of doubt. Nuncio really took my eye.

Inspired accompanying music too.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Cyclonic likes this.
  3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

The 2017 Elitloppet, what an event. The clips below are the heats and final.

Heat 1. Bold Eagle winning in a European mile record of 1.49.8 from Resolve, D.D's Hitman & Spring Erom.

Heat 2. Nuncio, Propulsion, Timoko, In Vain Sund.

Final. And I hoped he'd fill a place in the OP. 32-1. <laugh>

SwanHills likes this.
  4. Cyclonic

Hong Kong Horse of the Year Werther, taking the final G1 race of the HK season, the G1 Champions and Chater Cup, a race worth the equivalent of one million pounds. He beat off his stable mate Eagle Way.

SwanHills likes this.
  5. SwanHills

Thanks a million, Cyc, knew you'd put the heats and final up, what an action-packed day in Sweden! Probably the best trotting I have ever seen in my life, one would rarely see such high-class international fields like this, and all in one day! Harness racing at its very best.

Very clever and brave drive by Timoko's driver. He really gambled to take the inside early-on from the wide draw; it paid-off in spades. Bold Eagle had a dreadful run after his record-breaking effort in Heat 1. Driver was already working on him in the backstretch; very unusual that. And, Timoko ran the legs off Nuncio too! Phew, going to watch it all again! :emoticon-0100-smile

Cyclonic likes this.
  6. Cyclonic

Churchill's Irish 2000 Guineas.

7. Cyclonic

After Decorated Knight's G1 Tatt's Gold Cup win, Roger Charlton said the entire will probably target the Prince of Wales Stakes.

8. Cyclonic

After a cracking win last week in the Japan Oaks on Soul Stirring, Christophe Lemaire took top honours on Rey De Oro in the Derby a couple of days ago. The noise of the crowd was amazing, they really love their racing. Lemaire's ride was a peach. Not content with the slow pace, he took the bull by the horns and swooped around the field to take up a handy position close to the lead. He moved from 5th last going out the straight the first time. It proved a master stroke. He's 7 from the outside in the green, white sleeves with red arm band. No 12.

SwanHills likes this.
  9. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Just for information!

I have just returned from my first visit to Auteuil for the Grand Steeplechase de Paris. Although the 'class' (Grade 1's) was not as high as during 'Le Week-End International de L'Obstacle' in early November the crowds were greater. The crowds were not as boisterous (drunk) as the Cheltenham Festival however the track was busy enough with some of the local 'worthies' having a great time.

Entry was 10 Euros (8 Euros for this auld dosser) and as usual your racecard was free; other information on track, race etc also provided gratis.

Was not in a 'restaurant' however bar and snack bar prices embarrassed the ridiculous charges for drinks and food we pay in the UK whether that is at your local gaff or at a 'Festival'.

Back to 'Le Week-End' for this old dosser in 2018!

Toodle Pip.

Before I go I also visited Roland Garros where my eyes were popping and head swiveling with the beauty of both genders!

Just doing the washing as I am off to Krakow on Friday for a 'family' piss up!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  10. Cyclonic

PRIX LAVATER (GR II) - VINCENNES (4yo) on Friday over 2700m. Really interesting to see saddle ridden trotting. Django Riff (blue, yellow cap) and Dhalia Du Rib (green with red cap) have a titanic battle down the straight.

SwanHills likes this.

11. SwanHills

Sometimes ridiculed by thoroughbred racing purists, but Monté is damn difficult and the best and most successful riders are real horsemen, no doubt about that. Used to watch a lot of Monté from France on the big screen years ago (was not done in Germany in those days) and one could clearly see a trotter who had an inexperienced rider on him would soon break stride and get disqualified. Doesn't mean a thing if a guy is a good driver in the usual harness racing, because Monté is a whole new ballgame.

Cyclonic likes this.
  12. Cyclonic

The G3 Lion Rock Trophy has just been run in Hong Kong. The 1600m event was taken out by the Sam Clipperton ridden, John Moore trained Booming Delight who started favourite at a touch under 6-4. He's in the yellow and red.

13. Cyclonic

The International G1 Yasuda Kinen run over the metric mile was also run today. The favourite for the event was Isla Bonita (15) ahead of Greater London (7), Air Spinel (8) and Red Falx (6). Last year's winner Logotype ran a monster of a race. Red Falx and No 14 Satono Alladin who came from the rear flew, at Satono Alladin in the shadows of the post. The film if fuzzy at first, but comes good.

14. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Very impressive win for Brametot in the Prix du Jockey Club at Chantilly today. After missing the start horribly (from the 1 stall on the left of the picture as they break) and last after a furlong he fairly flew down the straight to get up in the shadow of the post. Coming into the straight he still had plenty to do but found plenty of gears and probably won a little snugly in the end.

I had to laugh at the Australian commentator trying to pronounce the French horse names - sounds like he was drenching the place with spittle <laugh>

SwanHills, Cyclonic and Ron like this.
  15. Cyclonic

Yeah, I think the bloke is calling them from home. He does heaps of stuff, and as you can see, he throws himself into it boots and all. And it looks as though he does a lot of homework too. He's a bit rough around the edges, but he gets it done, so I'm happy, and at least I get to understand what's going on. <laugh>

SwanHills and Ron like this.
  16. Cyclonic

Is there any word on whether Brametot will make a visit to Ascot? Hos win last weekend. He's last in grey with red cap.

17. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Seem to recall an article in the Racing Post stating next race will be in September. Looks like Prix Niel then 'Arc'.

Cyclonic likes this.
  18. Cyclonic

The G3 Invitational Belmont Cup. 2 miles. A few should be known here. :)

19. Cyclonic

The lovely four year old filly Hawksmoor went on her merry way winning the G2 New York Stakes at Belmont last weekend. The Irish bred filly looks as though she's really beginning to blossom. After being placed in the G3 Prestige Stakes at Goodwood, she ran third in the G 2 Rockfel and the G1 Fillies Mile, both at Newmarket. It was then on to Deauville where she finished third in the G1 Prix Saint-Alary. Kawksmoor then annexed the G2 German Guineas. Back to Ireland for a third in the G2 Kilboy Estate Stakes before a final European start in the G1 Matron Stakes where she ran fifth. She was then sold and has since competed in the USA. After a first up third in the G1 Queen 11 Challenge Cup, she rounded off her three year campaign with a sixth in the G2 Mrs Revere Stakes. Her first run as a four year old produced a nice win in the G3 Beaugay Stakes before she stepped out in the clip below. I don't think we've seen the best of her yet. She was clearly underestimated by the punters as she paid $11 on the giddy goat. Julien Leparoux rode her a treat.

20. Cyclonic

2017 Belmont Stakes, the third leg of the Triple Crown. No 2, just behind the leaders.