1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Irrelevant?....it would appear not!

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by pirate49, May 19, 2015.

1. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They really can't get enough of us! <smooch>

'The Bristol Rovers Are Up thread'

'the gas'

'What Do You Really Think About that Game?'

'City & Rovers Need Each Other - Holloway.'

'The Bristol Rovers Are Down thread'

....plus occasional appearances on the 'Last Person To Post' thread

In a strange way I find it reassuring that they still care! :laugh:

'

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

True... thought Ollie's comments were interesting... being inspired by Chris Garland. And it's dead right - we love the rivalry and success for both clubs is massive for Bristol.

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Things havent changed much then. Would have thought champions and JPT winners would have the Championship to look forward to and not have little old us on their minds! I read the Ollie article in the Bristol Post and their board seem to prove him right. They do need us. What else would they talk about!

Mind you, those who came over to congratulate us showed class. Shame we all cant just get along. Looks like although they had a massive amount of success this season and fair shout to them, I think us getting promoted may have ruined their season. Not sure why. Like that girl ranting about us!

please log in to view this image

4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought I was sad just goes to show I'm not alone <laugh>. But seriously they need to get out more they probably have no friends and just want to interact with people <laugh>

RedorDead likes this.
  5. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

They have always been this way - they literally have nothing else to talk about lol

6. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

<laugh> Can anyone answer why did Hollowhead start going on about City when he wasn't even asked??

apparently his Dad took him to Ashton gate and Chris Garland was a wonderful player and a legend to him..

And you reckon were obsessed?

and you have started a thread about us having threads about it.!!! <laugh> and all 3 of you have answered.. <laugh><laugh>

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

The top two was created by JGF, who is obsessed with creating threads. Don't be surprised if he creates another just to remind us the other two are still going. He's even created a joke thread when he already had one that only he mainly commented on. We had countless threads regarding our odds and games throughout the season. He's even older than you, so we just let him get on with it.

"The City and Rovers need each other" is regarding both clubs as the title suggest so there is nothing wrong with that one appearing on our wall really is there?

"What do you really think about the game" was a thread to talk about your game, if it went onto one of the top two threads could of got lost in amongst the other comments.

The "Bristol Rovers are down" and the "Last person to post" thread?? Come on even you're not that desperate? One thst had being going a year and the other for years now. The rovers are down even Gas and Bluebaldee rejuvenated them when they want off our first page once or twice. That really is clutching at straws Pippy Red Stocking ops sorry P49

But thanks for creating a thread for us to comment on other than the banter thread <ok>

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  8. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

They are all deluded ROD that's all ;)

9. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

That's three dirty ****head ****s attracted to this thread. Place is starting to stink.

Bluebaldee likes this.
  10. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rod.....you got up this morning and at 6.48am!!!!! posted on our board!
    Was that before you adjusted yourself, went to the loo, had breakfast etc.
    WOW! <doh>

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I know it sounds strange but some people get up early to work. Seeing as the time interested you, I started working at 5-5:30 as I find the plants are shut so I can get on with work uninterrupted. I wrote that whilst having breakfast (well waiting for it) in the hotel this morning.
    But surely posting about the time I wrote this can't be the best you can do? I don't think I'm comfortable with you thinking about me adjusting myself.

12. Jon the Stripe

Jon the Stripe Active Member

First text i got post match Sunday was from a City fan...

"Fair play mate, told you you'd go up, you deserved to. Congratulations. You owe me a packet of Custard Creams, see ya soon"

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I'll put this here in this thread as the title of this thread fits perfectly to the rest of my comment.....

I just received a tweet with a picture of 2 City fans at Wembley in the Grimsby end. Now I dont know if its true or photoshopped but if it is true then that is, im sorry, pathetic. Spending that much money to go and watch your local rivals, obviously praying Grimsby to win, is just so very sad. They just got promoted winning their league and should be looking forward to the challenges of the championship and having a great summer, just like 99% of their fellow fans will be doing. Instead, these sad individuals are so obsessed with us and so desperate to watch us fail, that I bet their season and summer is ruined. I bet they are more interested in us in a negative way than they are interested in their own side in a positive way. So pathetic.

14. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

There are more pictures about showing other ****heads in the "Grimsbury" end. They just can't get enough <laugh>

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I asked if it is true and not made up and the response was....

So its true. Truely pathetic. This along with the girl who made a right fool of herself on youtube, to me lets the rest of them down. Come on, they are now a championship club, sorting their stadium out, everything looking so positive for them. Why be so concerned about little old us trying to get out of the non league into the bottom league of the football league. Yes banter is 1 thing but making that video and actually going to Wembley, not supporting us but in the Grimsby end hoping we lose is just pathetic.

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

No way there were more!

I guess they covered up their shirts on the way out!

17. Jon the Stripe

Jon the Stripe Active Member

Ok, Tin hat on....Yes there are a few strange ones as highlighted above, but only the same as us, every team has some weird fans. Seriously have you "people watched" at The Mem!!!

We are rivals so obviously exchange banter etc, but i have as many City supporting friends as i do Rovers, so i'm happy to exchange banter but also get along and congratulate them when they do well. I actually dislike Swindon and Yeovil more, oh and that other hooped team in Scotlands fair city.

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

No problems with that JTS. Some of my friends are reds too. I get the banter side of things but that video and travelling to Wembley to desperately see us lose takes it all to a new level. Embarrassing for them <ok>

19. banksyisourhero

I got to say they would have to be total loons to walk around with City shirts on amongst 340.000,000 Gas heads..

Seriously if that photo is faked..(and it don't look right) that says way more about the person who did it! I watched the penalties and a pair of red shirts would have stuck out a mile?

Has anybody got a recording of it on here??

20. banksyisourhero

Take back what I say.. it appears to be correct... I would agree thats pretty sad.