1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Bruce doing one?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by jayc89, May 28, 2016.

1. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

When talking to Matt Dean, Bruce said that if we'd have lost then be almost certainly wouldn't have been here. He needs to think about it.

When talking to David Burns, Bruce said he needs reassurances of funds to be spent and clarification on who will be the owners.

I get the impression he wants to stay - why let somebody else take over his hard work - but he thinks it could be out of his hands with new owners (although, Burnsy said this morning the Anericans interested want to keep him).

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

If they want to keep him and he stays I would feel very confident the owners have good ambition for the club. If he walks, then I'd be worried..

3. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

He must be stressed to ****; on the one hand, he obviously genuinely likes old man Allam, and likes the fact that he's given him loads of money and given him complete control of the footballing side. A perfect chairman, in that respect. On the other hand, he knows that Allam's completely ****ed things up between the club and the fans, and as manager, he's been the one left to bridge the gap. He must be ****ing sick of it. I know I would be.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he left now. As others have said - he's repaired the damage of last year's relegation (though not completely convincingly, if I'm honest), and can go on a high note, rather than risk another downturn in his reputation next season.

Best manager we've ever had, though. Cheers, Brucie.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  4. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Ian Hollowhead is out of work at the mo unless you include punditry

5. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

The squad we had shouldn't have been relegated from the Premier League yet was due to consistently poor performances. The squad we kept should have been good enough to go up automatically but didn't due to inconsistent performances. Bruce has achieved no more than was expected of him, and realistically performed poorly, ever since he did a fantastic job in taking us up the first time with a fairly average squad.

6. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Is there a link to his speech at the party, or even the Humberside piece?

7. Willson

To be honest I'd rather Bruce went. I like him as a person but as a manager he hasn't performed well in the last couple of years, particularly in the premier league. He is too cautious for me much of the time, just look what can happen when teams try to play positively (Leicester, Watford, Palace etc.).

Everything about the club feels stale, and Steve himself looks knackered. It just feels to me like it's time for change.

CANADATIGER and armchairfan like this.
  8. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Your statement is patently rubbish, the squad WASN'T good enough to stay in the PL same as it WASN'T good enough for automatic promotion - end of season tables don't lie, we, like every other team, finished where we finished on merit. We were relegated/not promoted cos' when it counted, we couldn't hit the back of the net. If you want to blame Bruce for that, go ahead, but you can't perpetuate the myth that we have some kind of wonder squad that we certainly don't.

9. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

Bruce has taken us to Wembley ,FA Cup Final,Europe for the first time got us promoted twice in his short time with us,what other manager has done so much and achieved what he has in our history,and he is a British Manager we should be proud we have him he deserves to stay he deserves the chance to try again in the premiership.

10. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

You're getting confused here. The squad might well have been good enough, but it didn't perform well enough. That's what the table says.

CANADATIGER and PLT like this.

11. spesupersydera

No confusion on my part, it performed as well as it was able over 38 PL and 46 championship games ............ anything else is just guesswork and supposition.

12. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Ship/Rudder!!!!

13. Willson

Took us to the FA Cup final without beating any great teams, then let a 2-0 lead slip. Took us into Europe where we were almost immediately knocked out through not taking the competition seriously enough. As I said his first promotion was a real achievement, but since then he has done nothing exceptional in my opinion.

14. Willson

A manager's job is to get the best out of his players, Bruce has failed to do that for us.

15. 1MoreAgain

Does not matter who he beat to get there the fact is he did get us there and it is no great shame to lose to Arsenal in one of the best FA Cup Finals for years,took us into europe and yes we never did very well but he was also trying to prepare for the premiership something we have not had to do before at the same time he would have learned from that.

16. 1MoreAgain

Yes he certainly failed can't believe he only achieved those few things for us we really should have won the CL by now <doh>

spesupersydera likes this.
  17. spesupersydera

You won't go to football heaven with sarcasm like that 1more .............

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  18. 1MoreAgain

Oh **** :emoticon-0127-lipss

19. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

So you're saying a manager has literally zero influence over a squad. All clubs might as well sack their managers then.

20. spesupersydera

I'm not saying that at all - I'm saying that the end of season table doesn't lie. Steve Bruce got his team to their final position after 38/46 games, would a different manager have got the same players higher? Who knows? Certainly not me and tbh I don't really see the point in if's, maybe's and and's ........... it was what it was.