1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best player ever

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jun 3, 2017.

?

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best player ever

Poll closed Jun 17, 2017.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. brb

brb CR250

I always loved in it when i was at school and yer got the flash kid, that was a Ronaldo before Ronaldo was heard of sprinting his arse off down the wing - you just took his legs out and they normally behaved themselves after that and wanted to get rid of the ball as soon has they saw you coming :bandit:

Best goal i ever scored was at school....it was the usual case of all the kids piling in the box for a corner kick, I just thought sod this and stood on the edge of the box instead, ball came over to me perfectly, nice crisp volley on the end of it, looped all their heads and had a pretty decent keeper diving in desperation. ****ers learned to mark me after that <grr> <laugh>

Ron likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was amusing when Paul Hayes did 2 or 3 with his back to a Villa defender before laying the ball off nicely.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Leeds v Southampton(?) back in the day (70's) think the final score was 8 - 1. Not keepie uppie as in one person did it. There was something in the top 20's pass wise where the ball hit all corners of the pitch without touching a blade of grass from one player to another until it then hit the back of the net. If done these days the media would be creaming themselves for a week.

The whole point though is that kids abroad are taught to control and be comfortable with the ball. We on the other hand still pick the biggest kid and make him run and run and run. I watched a school practice in Satander a couple of years ago and the difference was startling. Didn't matter if you were a midget or a goliath but only if you could play with a ball at your feet. Not only that but the kids actually looked as if they were enjoying it as well.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They do enjoy it greeny; they do it all the time. The amount of tricks they are taught for one on ones is incredible (well to me) and they take great delight in nut-megging adults - 3 times on the trot. The adults feel duly humiliated

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Kick the little bugger. That'll learn em...........:grin:

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It is tempting sometimes. If I over commit, they are gone. So I have to keep feinting to force a move or hope they might just push the ball too far. I have some success but all the twisting and turning wears me out <laugh>. And these are 11/12 year olds FFS.

I wonder if we could arrange an under 13 pre season friendly against Wycombe. It would be interesting to see how they compare (bearing in mind that our senior team are amateur status and Wycombe are League 2). Over here of course

7. brb

brb CR250

Five match ban....yeeeees....

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What a twat

brb likes this.