1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

J de guzman

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by rokerparks scoreboard, Aug 14, 2015.

1. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

I'd read his camp wanted a one year deal. I'm sure there was a quote from his agent literally saying that. I'd assumed it was because we were looking like relegation fodder and also Dick is only here for a year so he didn't want to commit long-term to such an unstable situation.... But Bournemouth are hardly guaranteed to stay up.... Odd if true. I'd be surprised.

The Relic likes this.
  2. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Beginning to wonder if he knows what he wants.

Or his agent`s full of crap which is always a possibility.

3. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

We really are a joke, no one wants to come here, even our manager would only stay here for a year and now average players like De Guzman are snubbing us.

I am glad we are not signing him, he will just be another lazy mercenary who would only turn up when looking for a pay day elsewhere.

I have said it before in this window and I will say it again. The club is so ****ed the only way to get another up here will be to spend massive money and offer massive wages.

Austin is still available.

I am ready for mid table in the championship or league 1, that is where the club want to be, they are comfortable paying 2-3m a player and 20k a week in wages. The championship is the place for us.

In the Premier League you have to spend 40m a year on players and pay your top players between 50 - 80k a week. You need 4 or 5 of those quality players in your squad and that's just to stand still.

concrete tony likes this.
  4. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Pops mate his agent has repeatedly said they were only interested in a DRY LOAN. His words not mine. Meaning he or they weren't interested in anything long term. Now he is going to sign a 5 year deal with the smallest club ever to be in the prem league....wtf?!

5. grandpops

Unless it`s something very simple, like a huge wad.

6. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

On reflection i'm now thinking that maybe we are too big a club for him. Crowd wise i'm meaning...maybe he prefers less pressure at smaller stadiums etc.

7. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Lads, lets not forget, we don't know who he would have chosen as we ****ed him off for taking too long. We changed targets. Lets keep our dignity here and remember Bournemouth is now his only choice.

Montysoptician likes this.
  8. Brian Storm

Only he didn't snub us, we snubbed him.

9. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

How many clubs in the middle-lower positions have done that this year?

1. Newcastle - on fees. the next biggest spenders are Watford on 27 mill. i doubt they're paying those king of wages.

why ask to spend 40 when we're clearly not going to

The Relic likes this.
  10. grandpops

Did we? Didn`t know that.

If that`s the case well done DA. Not going to be buggered about like somebody else we know.

11. Brian Storm

Yeah, Dick told us in one of his recent interviews. He was dragging his heels, trying to draw it out till deadline to get a better wage packet no doubt. So we pulled the plug and brought in our alternative target, who incidentally was on the first flight over at the chance of playing for us. Good Choice I know who I prefer. Ola will do more for the team anyway.

12. Brian Storm

Don't get me wrong, De Guzman was holding out for a better club than us and probably Bournmouth too. We pulled the plug though make no mistake. Dick said he didn't want players who don't really want to be here.

The Relic likes this.
  13. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

the swans lads did say, as good as he could be, he went missing a lot. no loss to me, we need committed players, not prima's

14. Brian Storm

Yep. No doubt in my mind Ola is the best man for the job anyway. He doesn't go missing, 100% effort for 90 minutes.

15. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

Crazy transfer prices.

Everton have said that they would turn down £50 million for Seamus Coleman from PSG. BBC gossip page.

They have turned down at least £30 million for Stones.

They must have some team if these sums are being bandied about.

Our back five against Norwich (I think) cost us £5.5 million and we could possibly get up to £10 million if we sold them.

Disco down under likes this.
  16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

The money they have turned down for Stones is ridiculous.

You know, we were in for Stones before Everton but dragged our feet, not like us....

17. Lostinvegas

Those clubs will all be in trouble and not top half contenders, I thought our aim was to get into the top 10? That costs money if you normally finish 16th/17th

18. Lostinvegas

Those clubs will all be in trouble and not top half contenders, I thought our aim was to get into the top 10? That costs money if you normally finish 16th/17th

19. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Which clubs? They can't all be in trouble, when the sub40 million spenders comprise 3/4 of the league. So some of them will be top half contenders, inc. Saints, Everton, Swans and Stoke.

I doubt he's aiming for top 10 this season, at all costs. his aim is for a better managed club. There are too many overpaid, average players and contracts to shift out before that happens. Hopefully that final clear out happens next summer, after a bit more this summer, and then he's happy to invest on the back of a season of progress.

Or he balances the books and sells, if he no longer has the ambition for it.

The Relic likes this.
  20. Lostinvegas

This is my point half the clubs in the league could go down, the ones that have consistently spent on good players wont.

If we do the above we will be buying players in the championship and Short will be trying to sell a championship club. I agree they are too many over paid players and over inflated prices but that's the premier league now, its either spend or become a championship club.

Makemstine Roger likes this.