1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

J de guzman

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by rokerparks scoreboard, Aug 14, 2015.

1. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

2. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not resigned to us being in the championship next year based on our business to date. Fair enough if you are. I'm not singing and dancing, but we are improving as a footballing side. Last season, we would have tanked in todays game. We didn't this time around.

3. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Was the result at Villa last season not just exactly the same as today?

I am am not resigned to it but it is where we are headed, maybe we will get lucky again and stay up but if we carry on as we are its inevitable we will go down eventually.

I hope I am wrong.

4. SAFC_DAVE

SAFC_DAVE Member

Before DA I would have probably agreed with you. But not now. We are doing the opposite of before in terms of recruitment. Instead of letting a player leave us hanging on until it's too late to find someone else like borini DA told him where to go and signed someone else. First time in ages where I can say we have goals in our team and if we go behind I feel as though we could still get something. Still not the finished team by a long shot but defo not doing the usual thing of buying sh1t on massive wages etc. Can't do everything over night. But I think we are on the right road and trust DA and ES now. Fuming after the Norwich result btw but can defo see positives now.

SC SAFC, Nacho and Blunham Mackem like this.
  5. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm a little more confident than a few weeks ago. There's goals in this team, and as long as that continues, I can see us climbing out of danger.

We've given everyone a 2 game start, thats all <doh><ok>

6. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

it was 0-0 last year, so same points, but not exactly the same result. a different performance, too. we couldn't kill a fly last year, let alone a poor, floundering Villa side at the time.

Dick is turning us into a different, attacking proposition. but he clearly needs to keep drilling the team on defensive duties and responsibilities.