1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jack Grealish

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by glenngregory, Nov 26, 2015.

1. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

Interesting news about Jack Grealish being not considered for the 1st team squad for the foreseeable future at Villa. As we already have some Villa players, and a strong manager, it would be surely worth a punt to get him on loan for a few months. He is in the Freeman type mould and just what people like Wiz and RR have said we are crying out for - a creative midfielder. Could just be one of the most inspired moves of the year. Appreciate he has some behaviour issues. But I would hope Cotts could deal with that very quickly. What do you think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Grealish

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Whilst he's certainly a talent, he is also young and very immature judging by some of his antics, and I don't think he'd be allowed to come here, and nor would he want to in a million years. I certainly don't think SC would want him either after this latest episode all over the papers.

What he really needs is a kick up the arse and some discipline, and to wake up and realise what a privileged position he's in compared to 95% of the rest of us.

3. glenngregory

glenngregory Active Member

I don't disagree. A very lucky young man indeed. But up until today we wouldn't have had a chance of getting him on loan. Whereas maybe now we could. If we asked. And we could help in his rehabilitation. I am sure Uncle Nathan (Baker) and Uncle Derrick (Williams) would keep him on a very short leash.

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Don't really see how people's attitudes change when it comes to footballers. I understand that of course they have a better job than us and therefore should behave better as in the public eye, but we really can't look down at them for getting bladdered on holiday and doing laughing gas, when most of us have certainly done the former and for the younger ones I'd also say that most of us have also done the latter!

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I must admit I've been enjoyably pissed many times but never fancied laughing gas, just laughing at the gas..

Supcon72 and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  6. Angelicnumber16

I'm all for getting bladdered on holiday and anywhere I can !!

Putting a managers head on...it depends on how you want other people, and your club to judge you I guess?

Reme Garde doesn't sound the sort of bloke who will let this lie and has made Grealish train with the kids as punishment already after dropping him from the 1st team squad.

This isn't some anonymous nobody playing in L2. He's a Premiership and England footballer supposedly.

So I'd tell him straight that it's time to make up his mind whether he wants to be a Stan Bowles and piss his earnings and reputation up against the wall or in the bookies, or whether he wants to be a professional footballer with a bit of credibility and earn a smidgen of respect as a role model for kids. It will be his choice.

If it was his first mistake no-one would be that bothered, but this is the 3rd or 4th one and he clearly isn't learning by them.

Do what you want son, but at least have the intelligence to do it in private....Perhaps intelligence is what's lacking ?

BCFCRob likes this.
  7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

When will they ever learn? Piss artists and thugs are not needed in the sport and it's time all these supposed superstars got their acts together and realised how lucky they are to be paid so much by returning the favour to their employers. When will they ever learn?

8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I usually run out of money before I get peed, although 12 pints of 80's gets me close, but that is not proper beer in as much as it uses gas to propel it into the glass!
    Last big P up a couple years ago went to bed after 14 pints of Butcombe gold and 3 pints of Potholer, mind you that was over a 6 hour period .... started again next morning about 10 with a couple pints with my breakfast .... 3 Weetabix, with milk... not the beer the beer washed it down....

he is on punishment so they wont loan him out.......

9. Angelicnumber16

I know I sound old by saying this, but it's a fair representation of modern life.

The 'no blame', do as you want, liberal, lack of respect, no discipline at home or at School culture that we've all seen develop over the past 30 odd years has an awful lot to answer for the way society (doesn't) 'wo'rks' today.

I could go on, but I'd end up ranting..even more :headbang:

10. BCFCRob

Not going to quote your post angelic to save space but it is a very good one. To be fair I think you're right, but I'd also argue that going out and getting wrecked and being a Prem footballer are not mutually exclusive. You can still go out once a month and still be a top footballer, ignoring the publicity aspect of it. I do agree it causes a problem in terms of setting an example and all that and for me that's where the main issue lies.

As for the criticising of him for getting wasted, everyone does it, I think it's incredibly harsh to be fair. "Piss artists and thugs", he's only done what over 90% of kids his age do anyway!

11. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

This is about punishing the player who has done something stupid.
    I would be gob-smacked if they loan him out to anyone

12. BCFCRob

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how going out with your friends and inhaling a legal gas from a balloon is stupid :emoticon-0101-sadsm

13. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Inhaling anything other than air is stupid to me..

14. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Great quote from Jamie Carragher - apparently Gerard Houllier told him as a young player to "stay out of nightclubs now - buy a nightclub when you retire"

15. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

You can't legislate stupidity but surely there should be a code of conduct to be followed by players (employees) and if you step outside that clearly defined area then you reap the consequences. Regrettably it is yet another example of how the players forget their role model expectations and tell their employers to keep out of their personal lives. These people are all about themselves and regard bad behaviour as a rite of passage and not a detriment.

To Jack and all the rest like him I offer the advice of "grow up" and realise how lucky you are when you look at all the strife in our today's world.