1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jack Hobbs

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by pierredelafranchesca, Feb 9, 2011.

1. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Article on the BBC website suggests Hobbs is going on loan to another Championship club as Erikssen wants him to get game time, he'd undoubtedly be a great signing, but with the form of Gerrard and the signing of Chester on a permanent would he be guaranteed 1st team football for us?

I don't think he'd be straight into the first team but with NP being known to look to sign loan players with a view to a permanant do you think we'll be lining up a summer move?

Personally would like to see him join on loan with a view to a permanant, a further sign of the amazing development of this club if it does

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Hobbs to Sheffield Wednesday is the latest rumour.

Also Bostock to Charlton.

3. TigerKwik

TigerKwik Member

We can't guarantee him first team football which will probably mean we miss out although we might have more chance of signing him on a perm than Gerrard. Might be a bit messy for NP to sort this one.

4. ollieovcity

ollieovcity Member

Depends on were NP would want to play him. Reading on a Leicester forum they reckon he was excellent last season.....playing at right back, could we sign him to play at right back and move Rosenior across to left back? I don't know if he can play left back, does anyone else?

5. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Have we made any serious effort with regards signing Gerrard ?

6. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Hobbs was class last year supposedly under NP, and with him liking his own players i have no doubt we will be looking at him. However i know when he was at Scunny he played in midfield a little bit and he can play that DM role, so any chance of him coming in for that? Definately would provide back up there and good cover CB, its whether Leicester want to let him come to a rival.....