1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jak to Fulham?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been posted already, but only just saw it. First to jump off the sinking ship?

Hull City goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic is being monitored by Championship clubs as he considers his future.

Fulham are among the clubs monitoring his situation.

The 32-year-old had a good start to the season as Hull's No 1 but was dropped following the 4-1 defeat at Arsenal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hip-clubs-considers-future.html#ixzz4O2tVRvBB
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He was replaced by David Marshall who has since conceded 14 goals in four games prior to Saturday's game with Stoke City.

The Bosnian-born Swiss joined the Tigers in 2012 from Aris Salonika but has never been a regular for the Humberside outfit.

Jakupovic has only been able to rack up 33 appearances during his time with Hull, who loaned him out to Leyton Orient on two separate occasions.

Allan McGregor, David Stockdale and now Marshall have been chosen ahead of the former Grasshoppers goalkeeper, who has been capped once by Switzerland.

please log in to view this image

+4
    Jakupovic signed a two-year extension with the Tigers in the summer

Jakupovic is under contract at the KCOM Stadium until 2018, he signed a two year extension in June after stepping in to cover for McGregor at the crucial end to last season.

Meanwhile, Hull captain Michael Dawson could return to action in Saturday's Premier League clash against Stoke City after three months on the sidelines with a knee injury.

The 32-year-old, who injured knee ligaments during pre-season, made 32 starts in the Championship last term as Hull earned promotion to the Premier League after a year in the second tier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hip-clubs-considers-future.html#ixzz4O2tH54HW

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Would be **** if so, and speaks volumes of the way we're treating him.

3. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

If true I don't blame him for wanting to move on. He must be wondering what he has to do to be our starting GK. Whoever gets him will be getting a damn good keeper. I won't be surprised if we let him go for a fraction of the 5 mill. we reportedly paid for Marshall.

4. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

He's not worth much, we'd be lucky to get anywhere near a million IMO.
    I've no idea why we'd get rid of the back up, obviously Kuciak will be gone in January, he'll be wondering why he came here in the first place, but with McG unknown how he'll return it is a huge risk, unless Mannion is going to get the nod as back up, or maybe first choice in the Championship, if we don't stay up.

5. SydneyTiger14

I think Marshall would stay if we go down, we hardly lured him from a PL rival.

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Surely he'll be going to Man U or Chelsea rather than Fulham?

7. SydneyTiger14

Sarcasm aside, I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Watford looked at him as a second keeper but it seems like a rare occurrence of a keeper preferring to play.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  8. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

Yes, agree, he must be wondering what he has to do to get a game. Just wondering at what point MP will want to make Jak feel part of the team and give him a game, "ala Keane?!" I think he epitomised the team spirit they had going at start of season, the never say die attitude, the team did have confidence in him. Not so sure that's the case now after seeing Dawson having a right go at Marshall on Sat'day for being indecisive at coming out for a few balls.

9. SydneyTiger14

Jak was brilliant at marshalling - no pun intended - his defence, and pulled off some great saves against Swansea and United. The defence was forging a good bond with him and now it's been unsettled. I fully expect him to start against Bristol and I guess we see what happens.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

No doubt he was very disappointed to be dropped, but he has actually played in 5 of our 11 games so far this season (all in the Premier League) and that's likely to be 6 in 12 after tonight. If he has a good game tonight, he'll have half a chance of starting on Saturday, I doubt he's desperate to get out just yet.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.

11. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

It was written somewhere in a player interview that there were two people that you didn't cross. One was MacGregor and the other Jak. When I see a player screaming at the crowd for encouragement I want 11 of them wearing my teams shirt. Not some of the marshmallows we have playing now.

12. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Ive seen a bit of discussion and media articles recently taking the finger of blame away from Marshall yet I think they're missing the point - nobody I know is blaming Marshall, they're annoyed / dismayed that The Jak was dropped without any discernible reason given.

He'd made a fine start to the season, was one of our better performers, and - one would imagine - was part of that 'tight bond' and siege spirit mentality that was created over the summer.So what message does it send to the rest of the squad - his mates - when he is dropped for a new shiny arrival? It is coincidence that the never say die spirit and willingness to put all of their bodies on the line has become almost non-existent since? I'd guess not.

CANADATIGER, cdtiger, Steve.R and 5 others like this.
  13. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Agreed. I found it odd that more wasn't made of it, new signings should have to fight for their place and if they can get in, they should know they can be just as easily taken out.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Not doing this: http://www.not606.com/threads/phelan-out.335139/page-23#post-9838245

See above.

You're surprised more wasn't made of it? Bloody hell, how much fuss were you expecting over our third choice keeper not starting? We've had thread after thread insisting that we'd suddenly be fine if only Jakupovic was playing.

15. SydneyTiger14

Do you think phelan would bring him in against Watford? I think he deserves it but just don't see it happening regardless of how he plays.

16. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

How is being monitored by another club jumping off a sinking ship? He hasn't expressed a desire to leave because we aren't doing well.

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We've shipped a lot of goals recently and though barely any of them were actually Marshall's fault, I think Phelan will have a job not switching back to Jak if he plays a blinder tonight.

18. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

Good point, but there'll be plenty who will use the sinking ship analogy in the next few weeks and want to see mutiny in the ranks etc whether it exists or not. Football fans (and sometimes I think particularly ours) like to wallow in the misery a bit.

19. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Of course we may all be overlooking the obvious here, apart from Phelans inabilities and that is the ****wit first born has told Phelan who is playing having spent his hard earned.

Steve.R likes this.
  20. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

No we haven't , just people questioning why he was dropped and wondering if the same applies to Marshall or if he gets to start whatever

Just to clarify neither of them are world class but from what I've seen I would prefer Jak in there