1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jakupovic

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Jan 10, 2017.

1. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

Wasn't one of the team that Silva brought in a goalkeeping coach? If so you would assume that he's seen what he needs to on the training pitch and decided to go with the Jak. He's obviously a much better shot-stopper than Marshall, also McGregor in my opinion, speaking of which (in his particular position) how many top flight keepers have fully recovered from a serious back injury? In terms of distribution much of his long-kicking is due to having few options to roll the ball or pass to an open defender, Marshall had much better options in the games he played as has been alluded to above. So, if the coach works with him to improve his distribution/handling crosses he should provide us with a solid first choice alternative to Marshall or McGregor.

augustatiger likes this.
  2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

You haven't talked facts, and in fact the one fact you've been asked to produce you have failed to.

3. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I hate that stat as goalkeepers aren't always at fault for goals they concede, a lot of it is down to the defenders in front of them.

Had Phelan been in charge I think we'd of been completely tonked last night, but under Silva we looked very organised and nullified Rooney and Rashford to a large extent. On another night that could have easily been 0-0

4. SydneyTiger14

Jak played with worse defenders in front of him and conceded less. As I said earlier, no matter whether it's luck or skill, I'd always take the keeper conceding less.

You mean we played almost exactly like we did in the third game of the season against United?

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  5. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

The Jak over Marshall every day of the week for me:

1) Marshall plays like he's wearing cloggs in quicksand
    2) Marshall doesn't dive for saves - he falls to the side to save stuff
    3) Marshall is quiet as a mouse and does not impose himself at all
    4) Marshall concedes a **** load of goals on a regular basis
    5) The Jak is a character, he gets fired up and enjoys himself, you can always tell he loves making saves - I like this
    6) Jak has better reactions
    7) Jak can actually dive properly
    8) Jak hasn't conceded a **** load of goals on regular basis
    9) The Jak is a mouthy and crazy ****er

6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Marshall will start on Saturday. I think Jak playing the last two games is evidence of that and who Silva considers the better keeper.

Regarding the coach working with him, he's 30 something now surely? He's not going to be learning many new tricks.

7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Even better, he played with defenders in front of him that aren't even defenders... since when has Thud been noted for his heading prowess!!!

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  8. SydneyTiger14

Must be why Federer doesn't have a coach. <doh>

9. Shark Sports

Stop it, we defended far better as a team at this start of the year. It all went down from there really and you can't blame Marshall.

The way we defended against West Brom, Everton, Palace etc was laughable, when you don't defend properly the keeper won't have a chance.

Look at last night, how much did Jak actually have to do. He made a couple of good saves in the first half but that was about it. The 10 in front of him defended pretty impeccably as a unit, we didn't crumble like we have through most of this season.

pudseytiger likes this.
  10. SydneyTiger14

Our defenders came back from injury, improving the defence, Marshall began keeping, and our defence went downhill and we can't blame Marshall? What do we blame? Jake moving back to midfield? Dawson disrupting Davies?

He made a brilliant save against Mata when the match was minutes old, a save there is no way Marshall makes. Just look at the second goal Defoe scored against him for example.

Perhaps we didn't crumble because the keeper kept the defence organised?

We can't keep saying "Yeah well we played a lot better in these games where Jak played but he had nothing to do with it, he just got lucky that the defenders played better."

11. Amin Yapusi

Anyone claiming Marshall is quiet and Jak is a loud mouth has outed them self as a non attendee.

Likewise this bollocks about Marshall being lead footed and can't dive. He's produced more than a few fine reflex saves.

PLT and AlRawdah like this.
  12. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

No one ever mentions Duran.
    Is he still around?

13. Amin Yapusi

You mean the save that was very similar to the saves that kept out Matt Phillips first half, Ross Barkley (I think) first half to name but two recent examples?

You see, full of ****ing ****.

14. SydneyTiger14

Neither of those shots were from as close in as Mata was.

You still haven't answer my two most recent questions of you so don't talk to me about being full of ****.

15. Shark Sports

Daft question, have you seen our games? The amount of individual errors has been shocking. We had a lovely tendancy to give free headers from both corners and open play. We've had a midgets scoring against us for god sake e.g. Campbell.

Last night was very much down to Silva and his staff, there was a better, more rigid shape and Man Utd struggled to break us down, hence the shooting from range.

16. SydneyTiger14

Then as I said previously in this thread, I'm looking forward to a lovely CS from the superior Marshall against Bournemouth, now that he has a proper manager.

17. Amin Yapusi

<laugh>

Jesus ****ing wept.

Admit it you're full of ****ing ****. You don't know what your talking about.

End of.

<doh>

18. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Been told he can leave apparently...

19. SydneyTiger14

Says the bloke who five minutes ago insisted a 30 year old has nothing new to learn from a coach. <doh>

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The last two games have been cup games, Jakupovic would have started both even if Phelan was still in charge, it doesn't necessarily suggest anything about who'll start against Bournemouth.

Putney Tiger likes this.