1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jamie Vardy - Death threats over Ranieri sacking

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by FosseFilberto, Mar 21, 2017.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39334196

Makes for interesting reading

Been a lot of crap spouted in the Press on the whole situation as far as I'm concerned ...

My take:

The players ARE responsible for Claudio Ranieri's departure ... but not intentionally and not out of any malicious conspiracy. They simply got too complacent having "done it" and took their collective eye off the prize - only becoming anywhere near as motivated when faced with the fresh challenge of the UCL campaign.

Some press and pundits who since Ranieri left have attempted to denigrate his acheivement with us are mostly just a bunch of ***** who would much have preferred that we hadn't upset the status quo last season. Have you ever read of any other succesful EPL title winners where the media, in hindsight, have attempted to argue that it was simply down to the players? Ranieri gave Drinkwater, Vardy and Simpson the opportunity to shine and his tactics last season were just about spot on in every game - sadly, not so this.

I think we have anothrer thing to thank Ranieri for, rather strangely - his sacking has been the much needed catalyst for a refoocus by the players - possibly out of a combination of guilt, the scathing criticism that has followed or the desire to have the known Shakey continue the model that has become the Leicester City trademark - who knows? ... but I don't personally believe the conspiracy theorists claims that a deputisation of players went to the owners seeking Ranieri's a sacking - if that is the truth then comments made by Albrighton, Drinkwater, Vardy and Mahrez denying since would be utterly despicable ...

What is not acceptable is the treatment Vardy and his family have apparently received. No need whatsoever.

Rant over <grr> <ok>

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I am embarrassed and ashamed about this.

You hear about other clubs doing this and think yours is above them but then this.

It's a game ffs, these sad bastards should look at the real world and realise ultimately how little this matters.

3. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would doubt that genuine Leicester fans have sent Vardy death threats.

The irony of it all is that those who have wished death on someone were probably calling Ranieri's sacking disgraceful only 3 weeks previously.

4. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Agree with AKCJ, this isn't Leicester fans.

All the hate and vitriol came from other fans that had no idea how bad we were playing and just liked jumping on the "you can't sack Ranieri" bandwagon.

Even though the owner took full responsibility for the sacking in the Hull programme, papers and news sources aren't going to cover that because it doesn't fit into their agenda and they make their money on the back of controversy.

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Agree it won't be Leicester fans and disgraceful behaviour from internet trolls who haven't a clue what they were on about and just jump on any bandwagon going. They should be found and and made to do time.

I still believe the players were not involved in the sacking and were underperforming for many other reasons such as low confidence as the season went on, confusing selections and tactics from CR and as Fosse says, a sense of having 'done it'. The hate thrown at the club is embarrassing and discraceful. The media are to blame for it as they have stirred it up then have the audacity to sound shocked at messages he has received. Social media especially is a poison