1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Janmaat for the exit?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

A tidy profit.

3. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Still think we should have Anita as first choice right back! Not convince with Yedlin

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Great news getting shot of Daryl. I had high hopes after the world cup but he is very limited. Even if you played him as a wing back, he is very robotic going forward. Great move for us to get shot, make a profit and lose nothing in terms of quality. Anita is a better full back anyway.

Flash likes this.
  5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Apparently now signed for Watford on a 4 year deal for £7M

Also Saviet has left on loan with an option to buy.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Its amazing isn't it. For years its been our managers one after another rolling out the "transfers are difficult" line. Whether active in the market or not managers love this line. Those that are masking things for the tight owner push it out there that little bit more. All of sudden Benitez arrives, is given control and hey presto loads of business is done on both the outgoing and incoming fronts.

All the time previously the selling deals were really easy, the incoming were "difficult". It seems now neither is really a problem. I think you have to accept now Ashley has loosened his grip. He is no longer controlling things through his MD, football board, executive or whatever. So really our current manager simply must hit the stated goals, there are no excuses.

You can look around our league and the PL. Plenty of managers are trotting out this familiar line about it being difficult or not having had much time, or the "window should shut before the season" (which I agree with but they know it doesn't). Its kinda nice not be that club as it just becomes energy sucking and frustrating.

7. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

For the first time in a decade it's like 365 days of Xmas.

8. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

What's your net spend over the summer then roughly, taking this into account?

I'd imagine Sissoko is on his way also so still time yet, I think Ashley will deal at £20m for him, even though they said £35m, if he's faced with £20m or a closed window on deadline day, I think he'll take £20m.

9. Lord Jonjomort

£48m spent, £56m in sales not including the likely £25m for Sissoko plus the money SDJ, Saivet and Thauvin will all bring in.

We'll probably still spend another £20m so I'd imagine we'll roughly end up at £70m spent, £90m sold when all's said and done.

TEL likes this.
  10. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

He can go and **** his mother with a clog shaped dildo - I always liked Debuchy more anyway.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Hard to tell - there has been so much movement. He'll be well in profit. 25m for Gini, 7m for Janmaat, 20m-30m for Sissoko. We'd do well to have spent that. Everyone is caning us saying we've spent a fortune but reality is we have money to spend once you take into account the above and parachutes. Normally we'd flog everyone and just get by and rake in major profit. This time the manager is actually being allowed to invest some. I think we've bought for the here and now too, horses for courses to get out of this league. Unusual for our managers, its normally "buy some youngun or free transfer" resale resale resale.

TEL likes this.
  12. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

You still think you've got more players to come in? What positions?

Every time I turn on SSN you've signed another player.

Just had a look at your fixtures, 6 biggies on the bounce, you should have an idea of where you'll be after those 6, whether you'll walk it or be in for a fight at least.

13. Lord Jonjomort

So we're awaiting details on the Alan Judge deal; if he comes in we'll be set in CM as he'll eventually fill the No10 role competing with Diame, Shelvey and Perez. Depends if he passes the medical and whether he signs and is our player or whether it's a deal for Jan.

We should still be bringing in a left back after the Galloway deal fell through - it's a problem position and needs fixing. We'll also be looking for a left winger having had the Knockaert bid rejected. Finally we'll bring in a striker, so when it's all done we'll end up with perhaps 13 new players.

TEL likes this.
  14. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

At risk of starting an argument everyone seems reasonably happy with dealings this year yet the "fat man" has still, so far, made a profit. With sissoko going it may be even more and yet we are still happy.
    I'm not saying he hasn't ballsed up in the past but a lot of people moaned about making a profit on transfers.
    If we get the right players in I couldn't care less if he profits. I know it's harder to accept him profiting when squad has deficiencies but people seemed more hung up on the numbers. As it turns out we didn't get the right players, we ended up with gutless bell ends but that's another matter.
    If we can get rid of Sissoko for quoted figures and get LB (Henry, don't know anything about him but people seem impressed), Yidlin, Knockaert, Ings and even Will Hughes then fatty can have the money!

15. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

Whilst we are building a squad for this season, made up of a lot of Premiership squad players and first team Championship players, if we are successful and go up at the first time of asking how many of these players would we realistically keep for a premiership campaign?

16. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

sounds like we got ripped, hope he is better than the dross we have at R(W)B

hope you lot come straight back up! :)

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  17. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

Who cares, let's just get up if possible and worry about the Prem if or when we get there. Enough of these will be good enough and with premier money we can buy new players.

18. Warmir Pouchov

Wish you the best - maybe just a bad fit here? Stretching it but he is an international.

Mexican Hornet likes this.