1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January 2017 Transfer Window - In

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

We are about 2/3 through the Transfer window and here is the list of Rumours so far during the window

Sergi Enrich of SD Eibar.
    Martyn Waghorn from Glasgow Rangers.
    Villareal's midfielder Alfred N'Diaye
    Huddersfield striker Nakhi Wells
    Chuba Akpom striker from Asenal
    Tomas Koubek Spata Prague keeper
    Grimsby's centre forward Omar Bogle.
    Rob Kiernan defender of Glasgow Rangers
    Derby County defender Jason Shackell
    Boro's David Nugent & Jordan Rhodes
    Celtic's defensive midfielder Nir Bitton
    Ibrahima Cisse of Standard Liege.
    Thomas Heurtaux of Udinese
    Olarenwaju Kayode Austria Wien
    Cedric Yambere Centre from Bordeaux

So far there have been zero signings, lets see how many of these are signed on the last day.
    except for the extension of Piazon's loan till the end of the season.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Cottager58 likes this.
  2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

That last one, Cedric Yambéré, has only just come up on rumour radar. He's registered to Bordeaux and had been on loan to Russian side Anzi Mackackala but they've got money problems and the loan was terminated early. Apoel of Cyrus were about to take him on but, the story goes, we stepped in at the 13th hour and made him an offer "too good to refuse".

upload_2017-1-19_12-33-10.jpeg

Tall (6'4") and gangly - ring any bells ? - the 26 year old is primarily a centre back but can play holding midfield. He's one of those £2m-ish guys but presumably we're looking for the loan option.

Good chance we'll be gazumped by a Belgian outfit however.

3. Cottager58

One you didn't put in the list SuperBri was Kerim Frei. Probably correctly so since it was a tad speculative based only on a sighting at Fulham Broadway. Anyway, Besiktas have just anounced that he's signed for Birmingham for £2.16m (rising to £3m and a bit dependent on some performance things).

upload_2017-1-19_15-57-19.jpeg

His new contract with them is till 2018. Hard to think he's stil only 23.

PS Have a vague recollection of Jol saying that we had "retained an interest in him" when we sold. So do you reckon there's a percentage of the fee coming our way?

4. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Omar Bogle of Grimsby looks like he is on the move, Grimsby spent some cash on a couple of players today including a striker. He is expected to go to the championship though Barnsley seem to be the team. Think he would fit what we need right now, not to expensive, youngish with potential probably happy to,play back up for a while.

Cottager58 likes this.
  5. Cottager58

Is there a twist in the Chrexit tale with all the social media talk about us and Derby in negotiations with Villa over McCormack?

Would you have him back?

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go back for McCormack, personally, but if he did come back to us I wouldn't be upset over it. For all the criticism of him (mostly by rabid Leeds fans, admittedly), he scored a lot of goals and always looked a class act whenever I saw him play for us. He would be expensive in wages and there are probably other striking options that would be better value for money (particularly given his age), but he'd do a good job.

7. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Not sure he fits our style of play now. There's got to be someone out there that is decent other rha McCormack

8. Cottager58

Him. He's been my favourite from the outset and for the reasons Cookie said.

Then there is Nakhi Wells. Or maybe that should be was! He's apparently commited himself to Huddersfield, with the Yorkshire Post reporting him as saying:

I can guarantee I will be here until the end of the season,” he said today at Huddersfield's Canalside training complex. “That’s for sure. In football, the better you do, the better it is for the club and the more interest there is from elsewhere. That is just standard."

He's on contract with them until 2018 but there seem to be some 'funny' strings attached. He joined from Bradford City in a club-record deal in January, 2014 and due to clauses related to goals and appearances, they are understood to have banked around £1.6m from the deal so far. A hefty sell-on clause was also included in Wells’ transfer from Valley Parade. So ... there could be incentives for Huddersfield to move him now while his star is shining. I suspect not however and we can strike through his name on SuperBri's list.

Source: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...of-derby-county-and-fulham-interest-1-8343394

Then there is Roarie Deacon of Sutton. New to SuperBri's list and linked to us by the Sun after being highlighted in Sutton's recent FA Cup success. He's out of contract in the summer and can speak to clubs now. Can't see it going further than that though ... talks. It's just possible we might try to set up some sort of pre-summer agreement but no more.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...y-fight-for-sutton-united-hero-roarie-deacon/

A no brainer then. I can actually see McCormack fitting in Craving; playing off Martin. Maybe not every game but as the Gaffer said today:

The window is over halfway through and we haven’t brought in any new players. We need to show ambition, these players need some fresh blood in the team. They need support."

However for me it's a nope for Ross McCormack because of questions over his match fitness and wages but a definite yes to Omar Bogle.

9. Super Brian McBride

I see Salomon Kalou is still playing for Ivory Coast and that his contract is up in summer 2017 and is not first choice at Hertha Berlin. There is someone to try to get on loan for 6 months, he's another Defoe scores goals from nothing.

10. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

The McCormack rumours have been gathering pace today, I'm guessing mostly down to him not being in the Villa squad today. Apparently there has also been comments from a "reliable journalist", if there is any such thing, and he says he expects McCormack to return to Fulham very shortly, on loan I'd assume.

I suppose we'll just need to wait and see what happens with this one, not much coming out about it from our end of things but there never is regarding transfers so that doesn't mean much. Personally I'd be happy to have him back and think he would thrive in this team, we create plenty of chances and just need that clinical striker to be getting on the end of them.

11. Cottager58

Not what Bruce was saying this evening Fab.

"He [McCormack] won't be considered until his attitude improves. There are other things to come out which I won't go into now."

Bruce added that McCormack is "nowhere near" fit enough, he will be disciplined for "continually missing training" and there is "no truth in talk that he's going to Fulham". Could be Ross is up to his old tricks of course and if not exactly on strike, playing contract games. Or more likely he was pouting about not being selected and generally disrupting the dressing room. Which is what I think Bruce was getting at when he said that stuff about 'other things to come out'.

Nonetheless there was an alleged sighting of McCormack at Motspur Park ..

upload_2017-1-21_19-13-23.png

... although I'd take it's provenance (time/date wise) with a big pinch of salt. Mind, it does add a bit of validity to his roly poly condition.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  12. Super Brian McBride

I suspect McClaren has probably tapped McCormack up to go to Derby <cool>
    Bruce has said "no truth in talk that he's going to Fulham."

The way I see the McCormack is that the positives are:
    He scored goals for us, great free-kicks and penalties, add to that he also got assists. We are looking for a goalscorer. Like Martin he's two footed and versatile.
    the negatives:
    He was always wanting to get too involved all over the pitch, bit like Bullard, it can disrupt the team flow, but last season our possession was too slow.

Not sure it's worth playing both McCormack and Martin.
    I'd take McCormack over Martin.

13. Cottager58

Sky Sport say our best and final offer of £2.2m has been rejected.

14. Cottager58

15. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Captain Morgan and Cravingawin like this.
  16. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Fabio, you beat me to it.

17. Super Brian McBride

My rule from now on would be, If not injured the player who gets fouled takes the penalty.

18. Cottager58

The local paper have given some background on the 6' chap. Briefly, he made his debut for Kaiserslautern debut in 2010 as a right back, before a stint further down the road as centre back and then more recently as defensive midfielder for Werder. So he's adaptable. Also Petsos is seen as a tough player in the Bundesliga, with 'a bit of a dig' and (from another source) a good passer of the ball.

Here's a link to their story which includes the obligatory video: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor.../fulham-signing-werder-bremen-player-12504198

Although he has Greek nationality Petsos was born in Dusseldorf and always played in Germany/Austria; coming through the youth ranks at Leverkusen . So (arguably) should acclimatise fairly quickly. Billed as right footed, he does seem useful with both feet - a major plus in our 'one facet' squad.

19. Cottager58

Rumour resurfaces as he was confirmed to be in London today.

20. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I can't believe with Humprys, Woodrow and Smith all going out and the issues surrounding Martin that we are not going to sign a striker or two before the end of tomorrow. Personally I'm still hoping for Rhodes and Bogle. The other one I think is realistic and would fit into the lone striker role is Connor Wickham from Palace, I know he's not a big name but is a target man who is also mobile has scored goals at championship level before.