1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer Window 2017

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Jack TheLad, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

He did play for United so it's probably legit.

2. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

£10 million according to the itv north.

3. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

OK guys? Which one of you has stumped up for that?

Very generous of you! You'll get a few likes for that!

4. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I like Robbie Brady, but if we've got no money why are we spending it all on him?

5. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Probably because he is coming for a fiver a week. I could be wrong but I suspect wages are our problem when it comes to FFP because the transfer fee can be spread over the length of the contract.

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Apparently Everton would be happy for us to have McCarthy for ten mil, oh and Kone thrown in too. A straight swap would have been reasonable if not slightly in their favour.

7. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I disagree, McCarthy is a quality CM and Kone is a trouble making African centre half who seems to have lost the drive he turned up with. How many times have you seen McCarthy in the headlines for the wrong reasons?

I'd snap their hands off if they offered a swap, but it would leave you short in defence.

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Kone's been fine, yeah he had his head turned at the start of the season thanks to a dickhead agent probably but it didn't take him long to get back to his old form or close to it. Bearing in mind that he had a much more solid partner at the time in Kaboul, now he's alongside a baby giraffe or a dinosaur.

He's not the trouble maker that you paint him as, I don't see the evidence for it if you look past the transfer talk temporarily affecting him.

McCarthy is a good solid player but he's not ten million pounds worth of player better than Kone, in my opinion. I'd value him around the same as Kone, maybe a couple of mil less.

clockstander and marcusblackcat like this.
  9. Tel (they/them)

No he's probably not £10m more than Kone, but I'd say he's a £15m player and Kone's probably worth a little less than that, in my view. You obviously like the bloke, I'm not saying he's rubbish by any means, I just don't think you can complain about Everton's valuation of a top CM.

You lot were saying £40m for Defoe to go, cos that's what it'll cost you to replace him etc, well they're quoting you £25m (or thereabouts) for a top CM, that's what it'll cost you to stay in this division, if you don't like their price, then unlucky.

We just did the same to them with Mo, if they want him, they pay what we want, not what they think he might be worth.

10. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I can't see us giving them kone plus 10m
    No way will THAT happen

Makemstine Roger and Sunderlad like this.

11. Tel (they/them)

No me neither mate, he's not worth that on paper, perhaps if you had the funds to waste and the back up to replace Kone, it'd be a worthwhile deal but in your situation, it's a silly deal.

I think they're probably rubbing your noses in it a little due to your refusal to let Kone leave in the summer. They don't need him, they're not gonna get top 4 this year, they're in it for nowt now. If Koeman wants him, he might as well wait until the summer now, he could get a better deal.

12. Vincemac

Yeh I agree

13. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

You might be right, you would think if anyone should have got the hump about it it'd be us as their unsolicited bid unsettled him and all we did was say no thanks he's not for sale, but maybe they are peeved about it for some reason.

Either way I can't see us doing a swap deal or one with money going either way in addition. Maybe if they throw in Jagielka and we give them decent money for him then a 2 for 1 swap plus cash from us could work.

Losing a decent defender without a solid replacement would be almost as suicidal as selling Defoe.

14. Vincemac

Either way I can't see us doing a swap deal or one with money going either way in addition. Maybe if they throw in Jagielka and we give them decent money for him then a 2for 1 swap plus cash from us could work.
    Maybe

15. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Thought that you'd coincidentally said the exact same thing that I did there mate, I was going "yeah I agree".

It's all just random hypothetical crap as ever isn't it, it does sound feasible that we would bid for McCarthy though.

Disco down under and Vincemac like this.
  16. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Is PVA on his way out?

17. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

Looks like Swansea are a little busy.

Swansea City have signed left-back Martin Olsson from Norwich on a two-and-a-half year deal for a fee of around £4m.
    Olsson has won 40 caps for Sweden and joined Norwich from Blackburn in 2013.
    His arrival is a timely one for Swansea after their Wales left-back Neil Taylor was ruled out for at least three weeks with a broken cheekbone.
    Olsson, 28, is Swansea's second signing in January, following winger Luciano Narsingh's move from PSV Eindhoven.
    Striker Marvin Emnes has also returned from a loan spell at Blackburn Rovers.

18. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

Cant see it, Moyes has stated he wont sell his best players.......

19. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Sure we were linked with him quite a while ago

Edit. Might be a wba one

20. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Both are debatable points.