1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours January Transfer Window News/Gossip

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by ChairboyTom, Jan 7, 2015.

1. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

Another player departs as Stuart Lewis signs for non-league Ebbsfleet United. Frustrated at the lack of games, clearly Gaz thinks he can bring in someone better for the money that Lewis was on.

Also rumours going round that we might pip Portsmouth to the signing of Matt Tubbs, who was on loan at AFC Wimbledon for the 1st half of the season & has just has his contract at Bournemouth cancelled by mutual consent.

Holloway's short term contract was also up today, will be interesting to see if that gets renewed, I suppose it depends on the whole Tubbs situation.

2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Holloway has today been given a contract until the end of the season. Portsmouth are also after Tubbs and the funniest thing is so are Bristol Rovers. <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

3. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Tubbs would be a great signing, however we actually have enough strikers now Holloway has signed. Saying that Tubbs and Hayes would get us promoted.

4. mowgli1960

Can't argue with that, they would scare any defence together and i'd love Tubbs to join Wycombe. With Holloway we have to see where he is fitness wise and would be a great sub.

5. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

We will see Tubbs at Adams Park this month as he signs for Pompey

6. mowgli1960

On a 2 & 1/2 year deal, where did they find that amount of money i thought they were as skint as us. <wah>

7. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

Their debt was totally cleared in the summer mowgli, and with 15,000 attendances at every home game they're bound to have a decent amount of money, add in sponsors who will be paying them more than anyone pays us, then they've got a fairly substantial budget.

8. mowgli1960

Marcus Bean on an 18 month contract, 31 and a midfielder. Hmm not sure what to make of this as he couldn't get into a struggling Colchester side <laugh> so went to Portsmouth on loan.

9. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

He's a player Gaz knows well I'm sure he knows how to get the best out of him :emoticon-0102-bigsm

10. bornpompey

bornpompey Active Member

<laugh> I ove the way your local news have reported bean as being at ours most of the season........he has been with us for 6 games, he turned down our offer of a deal to season end pus extension to join you on an 18 month deal........he did ok with us, but is another player just wanting to secure his future.............................so good luck!