1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

January window thoughts

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swan_and_only, Feb 1, 2017.

?

Swansea's January transfer window

1. Happy, we've signed decent players that will make a difference

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Disappointed, the signings will not be enough to keep us up

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Indifferent, meh, mediocre players joining a mediocre team

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Where the **** is that centre back we needed! One job! You had one job!

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Just to let you know, you can watch one of our new signings J Ayew play now on Euro Sport 2 for Ghana in the ACON.

Watching him upfront he doesn't look like a player we want up top on his own. I think he's here to play in the wide position.

seabreeze likes this.
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Was he not dropped recently to the bench by villa.....Im not sure yet if he was worth swapping Taylor and £4m for tbh but lets give him a chance now he is here.....

3. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Taylor was surplus to requirements at LB after Ollson's arrival and needed to be shipped out IMO

Ayew was probably dropped from villa recently because the club wanted to ship him out and wanted to ensure he was fit enough. Ayew was a bright light in a terrible Villa team last season and think he's here to play on the left wing which will allow Siggy to come back into his preferred position.

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  4. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

Jordan's boys one-down now (sadly!) Doesn't really affect us (as Swansea fans) as there is still a 3/4 play-off match but in general these are a taken a bit easier and more chance of Jordan possibly being rested for it. Black Stars don't deserve to be behind though, little over 10 minutes left!

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I would have been very happy with the window had we got a Captain material CB, but maybe there was just not one out there that suited us, though I wish we would give Siggy a go at the Captain's role.......................<ok>

swans-m and swan_and_only like this.
  6. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Good press conference from PC and for anyone wondering why we hadn't signed a CB it's at 8.20 mins.

Pretty much what I thought TBH

7. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

The comment at 8.20 swan, tells me that we were still trying to shop in poundland and that we were not prepared to pay tidy money for a leader and a CB. But we have what we have, just think it will come back to haunt us. I feel Mawson and Fernandez are doing ok, I just don't trust Amat or VDH, think they are both liabilities. Just hope being tight doesn't cost us our PL status.

8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I trust VDH , seems nobody else does though ... didn't even make the bench last game .

9. trundles left foot

Rightly so for me he is bang average and if we stay up I will be surprised if he is still here.

10. seabreeze

Rightly so " In Your Opinion " you must have meant :)

11. trundles left foot

Yes it is mine, I have been impressed with the resurgence of Fernandez and how Mawson has matured. But, I have to say Amat is a penalty waiting to happen and VDH is just so slow and positionaly he is chronic. I will be amazed if we stay up if either are here next season. If they are then we are still shopping in poundland. just not good enough. But we will have to wait and see, I just pray that our 2 starters don't get injured or suspended.

Taffvalerowdy and seabreeze like this.
  12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Amat and VDH hopefully will be adequate enough to see us through but we really do need to strengthen for next season imo.

13. seabreeze

I seem to remember ( but could be wrong ) you thougt VSH and Mawson were the ticket for us with you , and many others , saying Fernandez needs to be ditched . I'm still not an Amat fan but would be happy to pair up any of the remaining CB's. I'm happy we didn't sign any new CB's , our average age of the 4 we have is about 25 , they all got thrown into the deep end and are gaining tons of expierence , If we manage to stay up , these guys will be seasoned for the next season IMO .

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017