1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jarrod Bowen

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by look_back_in_amber, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Good since 1904 we've had two players of England standard.
    How many has Newcastle Sunderland Liverpool etc etc had?

2. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

I know Chazz, sad isn't it.:emoticon-0106-cryin

3. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Success breeds success, and as with anywhere it starts at the top with the proper investment both in first team and grass roots.

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It bloody is. That's why I agree we are a backwater.

5. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

I seem to recall one that has a European Cup winners medal in his collection, and it wasn't bought off Ebay! That said, 'top player' is a tad generous. :azn:

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

6. Bigelow

Bigelow Well-Known Member

I did used to annoy me how Bruce would publicly understate the club and the City. Like he was embarrassed to be here (especially to pundits and well known people in football) and because he was insecure about the club he was at he would patronise us or have a caveat. 'Little old Hull'.

Well Hull has an equal or similar population to Newcastle, Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea, Nottingham, Brighton, Southampton,Leicester. So I have no idea why he seems to think Hull is like some small time town.

Plus Without his time with us, his managerial career lacks any real substantial credibility.

It's a hard one with Bruce. He's clearly the best manager we have ever had and with double promotions, FA Cup finalists and Europa League it isn't really debatable. It was a good run when it lasted, his time was up and it was disappointing how he left.

His reputation as the best manager we have had comes largely down to our history of being a lower league team.

Bruce's achievements with us cannot be denied. But he has had the luxury with both us and Sunderland to be entrusted with ridiculously large amounts of transfer money for the the level he was performing at. He's squandered millions, gave us largely drab football to watch, been relegated with us twice and pissed a miracle European run down the drain.

What Phil Brown did was by far a greater achievement than what Bruce did in my opinion.

armchairfan and BrAdY like this.
  7. x

x Well-Known Member

we're all a bit touchy, ain't we, gents? time of the month?