1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jesse Lingard

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

This link popped up a few weeks ago and as a squad player is he really better than what we've got?
    Apart from Obertan, Marv and Gouff... that is....

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/04/newca...hester-united-attacker-jesse-lingard-5326680/

Newcastle are reportedly monitoring Manchester United attacker Jesse Lingard ahead of a possible transfer move.
    Magpies manager Steve McClaren remains keen to bolster his attacking options ahead of the start of the new season and is a huge admirer of Lingard, who he signed on loan while at Derby.
    The pair could be set to reunite with ESPN FC reporting that the former England manager has once again identified the 22-year-old as a priority target.
    Lingard is highly rated by United’s chiefs but the prospect of more first team opportunities may ensure the England U-21 star explores options away from Old Trafford

2. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

If he wants first team opportunities he'll have Sissoko and De Jong to compete with for the same position.

3. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

I saw that MU were willing to let him go and that a reported fee of around the 2 million mark was being asked.
    I wondered at the time if we would go for him as one for the future maybe.
    Would still like another CB before too long, but that's not looking like happening which is suicidal really, let's hope Mbemba can do the work of two!

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Always plays great pre-season then looks poor when the season starts, usually ends up loaned out. He knows where the net is, he's definitely a decent finisher but he's not got many more strings to his bow, maybe he'd thrive at a team who could offer him regular football alongside some quality players in his team.

I wouldn't object to this guy leaving as a fan, his ship seems to have sailed with us.

5. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

Does he have the pace to play RM? Everyone keeps complaining about how many CM's we have. Remember we needed Raylor and Gouffran to play CDM last year.

6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I don't see why you lot don't just go after Ron Vlaar. Free agent isn't he or am I imagining that?

Experienced so can work with developing the younger lads and he knows Janmaat well.

No brainer.

magpie290761 likes this.
  7. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently he is out for 4 months. We have a bad enough injury record without bringing them in crocked. Presume as he is a free agent there is no hurry with him. But agree he would be a good short term solution.

Dispicable_Tel likes this.
  8. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

Vlaar is probably on Coloccini money and will probably want even more. Thats why were not signing him.

Dispicable_Tel likes this.
  9. SSJNUFC

SSJNUFC Active Member

I got this guy on FM, he turns out very average! Surprised Pardew isn't after him!! I suppose he wouldn't be that bad of a buy as a backup/rotation option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.