1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JFH out!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YappyR, Aug 21, 2016.

1. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

I had to start it.

Sorry, but the last 2 matches proves he's not a motivator, and he doesn't know how to shift and adjust.

At least defend. Set up some sort of defensive posture and see how that can build. Not let us run around with gaping holes that the enemy can pass or run through, that all we can do is punt. I don't mind a bit of dogged defending, set up a wall of 5, even 6, it's OK, we might learn something about the players out there doing that, and take on the pressure, at least let them all sweep it up, and then counter when we can.

Have got a lot to learn still, our Jimmy. I really don't think he's much of a man-manager. No very tactical either, and when the plan goes to shyte he doesn't know what to do.

Unless this sort of blend stops, he should be replaced at Christmas. What do we have to lose? Nothing.

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Ate our so called professional players not able to think for themselves
    Can they not see where any potential problems on the pitch are
    The manager can only use what he has available
    Maybe we should sack a few players

3. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

We still have a problem at right back. Should never have got rid of Boswinga.

Belfasthoop, QPR Oslo and Uber_Hoop like this.
  4. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

<yikes><yikes><yikes>:grin:

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I hate getting rid of managers (unless they are crap). Watford said yesterday that we have become 'spoilt' and i agree. In the past we have wasted money on crap players and are paying for it now. We went from shopping in Harrods to the pound shop and as fans we have got to get used to an inferior product.
    However, we need to be moving forward as a team and it seems that in 31 games we are as inconsistent as ever.
    This is now JFH team and they need to play like a team and not be world beaters one week and pathetic the next.
    As a manager he needs to stop coming out with stupid excuses like 'tiredness'. I would have preferred he just said Preston turned up and we didn't. I won't call for his head yet as it's still too early but if we are fighting relegation come Christmas then like many others i will.
    For me JFH doesn't have the experience yet. I hope i am wrong and i will be the first to come on here and say that but i just don't think i will. He is too inconsistent and last season made some strange changes.
    Leeds seems a long time ago now.

6. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

This is a crazy division and there is relatively little difference between the majority of teams - it is amazing how quickly one team can power up the table with a good run of results

My concern at the moment is rather how thin our squad looks - the bench yesterday really demonstrated this

However, compared to many in this division we still have a decent squad that has had a relatively large amount spent on it. There are a clutch of teams - including last year's 3 relegated PL teams - that have stronger starting 11s (in my view) than us, but we should still - assuming a fit first choice 11 - be a match for anyone in the Championship

It's early days yet, but we certainly seemed to play Leeds and Cardiff at the right time. I'm sure that Sheff Wed fans will be feeling as fed up as we are this morning given their home loss to Leeds yesterday

I'm not too down hearted (yet!), but JFH clearly has a lot to do to bring (positive) consistency to this side, and to convince the doubters that he can make a real fist of this season

10 games in and I'll revisit my views!

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I think if you look at the first four games realistically, you would have taken six points at the start of the season. Leeds and Cardiff were, on paper, a tough start but we won them and expectations suddenly went through the roof. Barnsley and Preston, easier games on paper, proved exactly what we thought pre-season, we're nowhere near the real deal.

The real problem I believe will be when key players get injured or suspended, we really are very poor outside the core 12-14 players JFH considers his first choice. On what I've seen so far I think we're likely to be in the bottom eight and a bad run of injuries could be very costly. We're still waiting for the two or three new signings Sir Les said we were pursuing, this result underlines how badly we need them...

8. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

One of the things I hate most about modern life is this throw it away, upgrade it whenever you get a chance or take it back if I don't instantly like it attitude.

As so many aspects of our life have now been conmerialised like football and money governs the world everything needs be instant.

Not many things are intended to last. You even see this in relationships. So many people split up if aspects of the relationship is not quite to their liking. Don't bother working at it or making to many sacrifices, just split up and find a replacement partner online.

We have done the fire/upgrade manager, repeat this loop until finding a good fit approach too long and its been mostly sh!t. Let's now try the keep one manager for longer and still be sh!t (hopefully not for long) approach.

We will continue to be a shambles at QPR due to this no master plan, no structure way the club's been limping along with approach.

We need to find and get our rangers back, its going to take a little time and patience imo!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  9. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh> and yes I am grumpy this morning:emoticon-0148-yes:

Have a nice day everyone.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Silly thread.

11. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I never thought JFH was the right man for the job. Whilst I don't want him sacked................yet, performances HAVE to improve. We lacked passion yesterday and that is not acceptable. I thought Jimmy would put a rocket up their collective arses at HT yesterday, he obviously didn't. I'll give him 10 more games.

ELLERS likes this.
  12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

There was a period where we went 12 without a win under Holloway including losing to Vauxhall Motors. There was a Premier League season before my time where we started with something like one win in 11. A little patience wouldn't kill people.

13. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

So true, the modern throw-away culture is utterly appalling and is one of the reasons so many people today have no respect for anything, especially their attitude towards relationships.

Bloody hate it

14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sadly Watford, Hollowhead was awful. Should have got us up the first year with that team. You only need to look at Luton away down to 9 men to realize what an idiot he was. My neck has never been the same watching football under him. Agree he came in at the right time and got us going but he overstayed his welcome. Too many games i can remember watching him clueless on the sidelines.

15. Bwood_Ranger

I could only have been about ten at the time but didn't we miss three open goals that day or something? All the various away games at Luton around that time have merged into one for me. Furlong equalising when Tony Thorpe came on was good. Losing 1-0 in the cup when they didn't have a shot wasn't so good.

As for Holloway, given the situation he came into I thought he did a good job. His career has been a mixed bag since.

16. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Give him time. I will assess our season objectively at Christmas.

I wonder what will happen should we win against Rochdale? Will it be cup run euphoria? (I know what it will be should we loose).

I know that we are all upset. Hopefully, the players are as well and will positively react.

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Never forget Luton. They were down to 9 men and he takes off a forward for a defender. You should have seen the disbelief in the players faces. Wolves at home another cock up. Vauxhall motors, having the P taken out of me whilst drinking in their bar because 'hollowhead' could beat them. Can never understand when i read fans wanting him back.

18. Bwood_Ranger

Knighthoods for the players if we win. Public floggings if we lose. This should be enforced for the rest of the season.

QPRski likes this.
  19. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Not impatience.
    Just despair at such an inept performance.

20. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

BIT SOON TO TURN ON JIMMY FLOYDE BUT IF WE ARE IN A RELEGATION BATTLE AT CHRISTMAS I SHALL CALL FOR HIS HEAD THE HONEYMOON IS OVER HOW WE CAN GET DESTROYED BY PRESTON IS BEYOND ME ITS SO HEARTBREAKING