1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JFH out!

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YappyR, Aug 21, 2016.

1. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I have to admit here, that when I was watching the utter dross on Saturday, I said to the bloke next to me that JFH will have to watch his job. Of course it was premature, it was just disappointment talking, after the Leeds and Cardiff games. But the focus is now on him now, because it wasn't just an unlucky loss. The team was unrecognisable from the one that beat Leeds. We need to bounce back or pressure will mount.

peter1954qpr and rangercol like this.
  2. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Polter is playing a division higher than he should be. He gives 100% but I think he's not up to the job. We need a proven striker but I don't think we'll get one.

sheffordqpr likes this.
  3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

With all due respect, bollocks. No player can look good with the service he had on Saturday. He's contributed to most of our goals this season, works his nuts off and can dominate two centre-halves. There is no player available for under £5m I can think of who would be a clear improvement.

4. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

Everyone in this league can have an off game. What interests me is their immediate response in the next game.

That will tell me a lot about this group and their work ethic, which seems to have improved under JFH.

Don't mind an off day but not a lack of commitment. Rocket and Arse please.

N22hoop likes this.
  5. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Great minds and all that

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I sort of agree but not as harsh. Last year he couldn't trap a bag of cement and was a poor mans Beckford. He gives 100%, it's just a shame that it's not in the skills department. This season he seems to be able to control the ball better (from what i saw at Leeds game) and looks better than last year, although i still laugh at that header in the Reading game. It's mad when you think Charlie only went for £3-4M, that would make him worth about 50p, but that's football.

7. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I was thinking the same thing about a month ago.

8. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Yeah? I can do it, no probs.
    But then again, I would just bring back Uncle Neil, and keep him in office forever. He absolutely loves our club, and wanted to stay here, and stay here forever.
    Alas........ I can do the job. And I'll do it for nothing. Just feed me now and again and give me a place to stay within walking distance of the stadium........ :emoticon-0105-wink:

9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I'm sure we can find you a kennel, just keep on yapping...:grin:

ELLERS likes this.
  10. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Is that to go with our proven midfielders, 'the boys' Sandro and O'Neill, our proven defenders, 'the boys' Benny Arsehole Ekotto, Rio Ferdinand, Chris Samba, and Bosingwa or our proven forwards, 'the lads' Rob Hulse, Shaun Wright Phillips or Jay Bothroyd. I chucked the last lot of forwards in just to show that even Sir Neil cocked up big time when it came to recruiting on the basis of proven talent, 'my boys who have never let me down before', previous reputations.

Here's a task for you. Who fits your description who is affordable and would actually do better

11. Bwood_Ranger

In Warnock's defence, Bothroyd was all he could get at the time as Briatore wasn't paying any fees. Hulse was ****, granted.

YorkshireHoopster likes this.
  12. YorkshireHoopster

Always happy to accept any defence put forward for Colin. He also quickly learned he'd made a mistake and the guy didn't cost the bucket loads that his super replacement Mark Hughes lumbered us with. It just goes to show that there is no magic fix and no obvious bargain buys out there to be had. I say we keep fishing in the sea we're currently trawling. We may have to chuck some back but it's not breaking the bank to give them a go and eventually we'll land something really tasty we can keep and then sell on.

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

The thing is Warnock got us up with the clowns in charge and not having millions to spend. The flip side to your argument is that he had some good players that worked well together. If my memory serves me correct, he was the only manager to get the best out of players like Adel.

YorkshireHoopster likes this.
  14. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but it's all down to the scouting process,there are players out there that won't cost the earth,but we haven't even looked at them. I've said for ages we should take a chance on the lad McAlister,who scored again on Saturday. But I guarantee we haven't even heard of him,yet alone been to see him play. I know he's playing in a Scottish league that isn't the best,but this guy continually bangs em in and wouldn't cost a ridiculous price. Somewhere down the line,you have to take a chance on a player who might just do the business for you !

15. Bwood_Ranger

How do you know we haven't looked at them? If he's still there, has anyone else looked at him?

16. YorkshireHoopster

Cheers. Well said.

And the answer to the question now? So far only Ted and HJ have come up with a lower league performer worth looking at. My Oxford supporting mate agrees but even he didn't think Roofe was worth the money that Leeds paid for him. I saw one at Gateshead last week who looked streets ahead of everyone else and, in fact, most of the Championship because he could do the lot including that little known skill for a British midfielder - stop, look up, pick the right pass and play it into the path of the chosen team mate. Gateshead won 6-1 that night and he must have had a hand in all 6. Then you hear that he's spent his entire career in non-league of football briefly rising to the ranks of the mighty York City -the team they beat so convincingly. If you're reading this Jimmy the name is Paddy McLaughlin. Personally I would invest in a good scout to look at the Serbian and Montenegrin leagues because they produce good ball players. Every German, French and Italian side has at least one. There is a thriving Serb community in Shepherds Bush so settling wouldn't be a problem.

In fact when I retire, I'll offer my services to the club for a nominal fee to be their scoutin the region.

17. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I want him more than anything to be a success. We'll just have to see his goal tally at the end of the season.

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Same as, i want to be proved wrong and the BFG gets 40 goals. None of us want our team to lose or players to fail but sometimes it happens. I can take losing and i can take losing to Preston (whom by the way finished higher than us last year). What i can't take is 11 players and a Manager underperforming at once. Did anyone see a worse performance under Benny? I don't know as i wasn't there. Not worried about the Mickey Mouse cup tonight but want to see an improvement at Wigan.

19. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Fulham !

20. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Re-hire JFH!

UTRs and Bwood_Ranger like this.