1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

John Stones knocked off top spot: The Premier League’s 10 ballsiest defenders

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Mar 21, 2017.

1. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

You make a good point. Threading it through is also a big thing with the FA and how they develop grass roots football with defence splitting passes. A lot of the technical sessions albeit for wannabe coaches centre around defence splitting passes. These, they believe offer the most success in creating attacking openings.

2. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

His defending is excellent, but I think he looks slightly awkward bringing the ball out from the back because he's the left sided centre back now. On the right side, particularly in a back three, he can do what he wants almost, which we saw in that Chelsea game when people outside of Hull first noticed him.

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be against Maguire filling in for Huddlestone. Bring Davies or Dawson in with the Frog and move Harry into midfield. He's comfortable with the ball at feet and offers that defensive protection. Although our record with Meyler in the team is excellent. Tough call.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  4. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I think we have come to expect to much from Harry's passing. He is a centre back, and in the past month he has ran fifty yards and played some poor balls, to me that shows issues with the midfielder and wingers for not helping him as that really isn't his job. Of course it's a huge asset to have a ball playing defender but we shouldn't expect too much.

Kempton and PLT like this.
  5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Nail on head, good post <ok>

PLT likes this.