1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jonas back in the matchday squad?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Seabass, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Personally I would love him to get back on the pitch at the weekend. With any luck he comes on with 5 mins left and rifles one into the top corner for the winner. St James would go off!...but I think it probably says something about the current strength of our squad. He will definitely come on at LB!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31645756

G4rdToonArmy and Obi Wan like this.
  2. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

It will be an emotional reception for him if he steps foot on the pitch in a Toon shirt.

Would be a great moment and I hope he gets the chance.

3. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Congrats on Gutierrez getting himself back into the game. Good luck to the lad.

G4rdToonArmy and J. J. McClure like this.
  4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

hope he gets a run out.

5. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

Its like a new signing!

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Great to have him back. I'd suggest he'd help us in the derby but he'd probably end up getting Cattermoled <laugh>

7. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

I don't think we will see jonas. Everyone says theres not enough games left in the season to trigger his clause, but remember how he was all of a sudden dropped? I think that means he was on the last game before his pay raise. I doubt hes good enough but atleast he'll show some effort which is more than i can say about these nancies.

8. Warmir Pouchov

I don't think the clause can be that much of an issue or Carver is a bigger fool than I thought to even mention him. Maybe a brutal decision was simply taken about his abilities or the clause had an expiration date?

I think his level dropped off to such an extent that I couldn't see how he could of use to us. Then again, Willo...

9. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Would love to see him get a run out at some point but now may not be the time in my opinion. We are struggling for form and have a hard run of games coming up and he has been out for so long he's not going to be anywhere near his best (some might say that isn't that great anyway) but for all the years he's been with the club and the affection he and us fans have for one another would love to see him get some game time when we are mathematically safe (if we can do that before the end of the season :emoticon-0112-wonde) or if games are all but over and we chuck him on for the last 10-15 mins ala Raylor vs City - although he almost cost us another goal with that horrendous back pass haha.

10. Warmir Pouchov

I'm not a big one for sentiment to be honest. However if we are literally involved in end of season dead rubbers then I see no harm. If there are positions at stake then it would be a no from me unless he is good enough. I'm sure he wouldn't want it any other way.

11. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

Sad thing is, If we win this game our season is effectively over. Nothing else to play for. Don't even say the derby because you know none of those frenchies care.

12. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

May as well start Jonas in the Derby. At least he would go nuts out (sorry!) trying to win the game. Always gives it everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.