1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jones has done one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 24, 2017.

1. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Have Hartlepool got some great players? He must have been desperate for any kind of money to go there in January.

Apparently they sold 3 senior players in January too, got some loans in, but who wants to go there? And even suggestions he didn't even sign a contract there.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

There's only one Jeff Stelling.

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Bang on the money

4. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I'm with GLP.

If he said that about Steve Bruce most of us would have been delighted.

6. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

But he never did.

The **** him.

7. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

He used to be a decent manager - continued Danny Begara's excellent work at Stockport for one. Didn't he get Wolves promoted too?

Plus he had to survive a pre-Yewtree scandal (can't remember exact specifics) which he was acquitted of. Must have been a big ****ing strain on him.

8. Quill

Quill Bastard

I'm pretty sure a lot of you would happily air your grievances about the Allams on such a platform...

GLP likes this.
  9. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I was just about to post the very same thing. Clamouring to the media for them to publicise everything that is wrong with our owners. Yet when another club has a media savvy mouthpiece that calls out the chairman and manager it's wrong. Not for me - Stelling has done what any other fan of the club they support would have done if they were in the same position. I applaud that. It takes balls.

10. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

aye and they are ****ing close to dropping out of the football league
    huge deal is that

GLP likes this.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I have never particularly liked Jones, but the fact he even took the job shows he really is now scrapping the bottom of the barrel. It might just be that he is not suited to this lower division football, and might be more suited to high table stuff as Stelling alluded to in his rant. But going there and leaving under such circumstances isn't going to look good on his CV.

12. armchairfan

Hartlepool have been circling around the drains for most of their existence, so it was likely to come sooner or later. Just like it did eventually for Halifax. The Stelling rant is unlikely to help managerial recruitment in the future. Apparently Stelling was friends with the guy who was sacked earlier in the season. I can understand more ranting against the owners, because the ambition really starts at the top.

13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, in my opinion the difference is that if we're talking Allams, Oystons, Ashley, etc then they deserve all the stick they get. Managers get stick for a lack of success but it doesn't mean they're ****s. Someone has to finish bottom of every division. Football fans always think it's a disgrace and a scandal when their team loses but ffs, you can't have winners without losers. It's unsurprising to see the usual comments about lack of passion from the players. Amazing how many players have the determination to make it pro but, according to many fans, can't be bothered to play a bit of football when they get there.

armchairfan likes this.
  14. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

If they aren't playing with determination, there's only one person to blame - the manager.

Look at how different the players are playing for us that played under Phelan and Bruce. Some are unrecognisable - that's down to Silva (not referring to the players he brought in)

Ask Hartlepool fans how they feel? I bet they are delighted Stelling had the balls to publicly address the issue. They are gravely concerned that they have to sell the ground if they drop out of the league.

We're faced with fighting relegation- at least we have a manager that has instilled some fight and will in the players.

15. armchairfan

Silva could bring some good players in though, for that you need to be in an attractive position (in this case top tier) and have some money.

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member