1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jordan Ibe

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by luvgonzo, Feb 17, 2015.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Hiya fellas, I hope all is well with you?

I've posted as to how Jordan is doing on the odd occasion and he's always done well and has looked promising.

As of late though he's made that leap from promising to a really top player, early days still of course but performances against Everton and Spurs have elevated him.

He's full of confidence at the moment playing on the right of midfield and already a fans fav.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks LG. I saw the highlights against Everton and they focused on him and interviewed him. We are very proud of him.

3. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I fondly remember his first team debut for Wycombe (aged 15) and the fantastic goal he scored. He then legged it over to his family who hugged himn over the barrier. You could clearly see how much it meant to them. Sadly then he was booked for the celebration highl;ighting the usual standard of refs we get in the lower leagues.
    It was obvious then and from noises coming out of the club that this lad was going to be something special. It's just a shame that he was snapped up so early and because of that we probably missed out on a significant transfer fee.
    It is nice to see though that premier league clubs are looking for youth in the UK and not just trawling for cheap european journeymen

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He does seem to have his head screwed on, I'm looking forward to him being a real star for us.

5. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

So are we as Wycombe fans. We know we may never have the pleasure of gracing the upper echelons of football. Therefore, i for one feel proud when some of our original youth squad achieve it. It's a credit to both him as an individual and the training and support he has received in his formative years that have got him to Anfield.

luvgonzo likes this.
  6. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I'd love to know what the add ons in his transfer were and hopefully will bring in some much needed cash. Liverpool seems to be good for Jordon but i doubt he'd have broken through to the first team if he'd have joined Arsenal,Chelsea or Man united.,

7. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I watched Liverpool v Besikitas in The Eufa Cup last night and Ibe got MOTM and was fould for the penalty that won the game. The presenter on ITV says He has signed a 5 year extension to his contract which shows just how much Liverpool rate him just a shame we don't get anymore money for his new contract.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Something to note for the next one. Our negotiators seem a bit naive if you ask me.