1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Josh Harrop

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Jun 23, 2017.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Preston North End have agreed a deal to sign Manchester United youngster Josh Harrop when his contract expires at Old Trafford.

The 21-year-old, who was United’s top scorer at reserve team level last season, has agreed a four-year contract at Deepdale from 3rd July.

please log in to view this image

First Team News
    Harrop Ready For New Challenge
    Just now

The two sides have come to a significant undisclosed compensation agreement, with player turning down a new deal with the Premier League giant, but being under the age of 24, meaning they are entitled to a fee.

The Stockport-born attacking player came to the attention of supporters when he scored on his first team debut for Jose Mourinho’s side on the final day of last season, but he has ended his time with the Red Devils to join a number of former team-mates with the Lilywhites.

Speaking about the move he said: “I'm delighted to be here, it's a new start for me to get things going in my career and I'm buzzing to get playing and to make an impact in the team.

“I've got four years now at Preston North End where I know I am going to be and I am going to put everything into that and dedicated myself to do the best for the team and the best for the fans.
    “Hopefully I can achieve my aims and ambitions that I have set myself by coming here and that's to get promoted with Preston North End and help the club get as high as we can.”

Manager Simon Grayson was delighted to have beaten a number of clubs to Josh’s signature, adding: “Josh is a player who has attracted a lot of interest this summer and we had to move quickly to secure his signature. He adds to our group of hungry young players who want to progress and we are looking forward to working with him and seeing him improve."

Speaking in United’s final league matchday programme of last season their reserve team boss Nicky Butt said of his then player of the year award nominee: “He’s talented, energetic and has a will to win, so he ticks a lot of boxes.”

2. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Quite a couple of networks Mr Grayson is cobbling together: the Irish League players and the MU players. Even Vermijl played for MU in his youth. Interesting.