1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JT the Jack!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Kwame B, May 18, 2017.

1. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

What do people make of this? I imagine it will be a very short 'conversation"!!
    Regardless of what you think of him personally, I just don't think he'd be good enough to play in the Premier League any more.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39959265

DragonPhilljack and Kifflom! like this.
  2. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if this happens and really, I hope it doesn't. As you say, a short conversation.

3. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Terry would want at least £100k per week.

I can think of better ways of spending that money - unless, of course, they think that Commercially JT will sell a shed full of jerseys.......

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

He's 36 lads, not sure what to make of this Terry hype, silly season is upon us!!........<laugh>

Kifflom! and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  5. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

We all saw what happened when an older Rio went to QPR. JT is probably made to look better right now because of the players around him. Chuck him in a team where the opposition attacks come a lot more often then I think he will really struggle.

6. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I don't see it as progression. Hope it doesn't happen.

7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

You have to wonder what Clement is thinking?

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Didn't Bob Bradley play centre half ? Come back Bob, all is forgiven.

As regards J.T., no thanks. I really would prefer Bob.

Kifflom! and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  9. Taffvalerowdy

Mel Nurse still comes to every match - he looks quicker than Terry !

10. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

The only thing I like about Terry is his chocolate orange. :emoticon-0125-mmm:

11. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

We don't want to become one of those clubs who go for has beens. Ok it worked with Llorente but we need youth and hunger in our team. And our team is aging as it is. I think Mawson and Fernandez have become a stable centre half partnership. I'd prefer to bring back Bartley and focus on bringing in a defensive midfielder, right back. striker and two wingers

12. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I still think we do need a centre half, I like Fernandez and Mawson. whilst I don't think either Amat or VDH are good enough and to just run with Bartley as back up would be a massive risk. I have no problem with signing older players as long as it is the right ones and there is a blend of youth and maturity in the squad and on the field. as for terry I would take him, but I didn't realise he wanted 100,000. at that price no way. I still think whether he signs or not we need another CB.

13. Taffvalerowdy

Ben Gibson of Middlesbrough would, in my view, be a better signing. He's played well in a "poor" Boro team, and can play Centre Half & Left Back

14. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Bartley had a terrific season with Leeds and has probably given him enough game time to come back a much better and consistent player. He hasn't had a single season of regular football before this season.

Also look at the recent form of our defence it's very impressive considering the teams we've played against recently.

The defence at the beginning of our season was due to many factors such as; loss of Williams, poor management and constantly changing players.

15. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I think we need to focus on getting a player in the Britton mould. I don't think it's coincidence that our upturn in fortunes came when he returned to the first team.

16. trundles left foot

I accept your opinion as that is how you feel I am still not convinced Bartley is a PL player, maybe he will prove me wrong. I still think we need a new one. and look at the form 4 weeks ago when we couldn't win a game and were conceding stupid goals against mediocre sides, ok not lots but still stupid goals. to not strengthen at the back is standing still and we just cant afford to do that as this season has shown.

17. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

We'll have to change our chant from 'you Jack Bastard' to 'You bastard'.

Off field antics aside, he was superb in his day and could be good for Mawson and Bartley as a mentor, maybe van der Hoorn too could benefit from his experience but I don't see Fernandez giving him the time of day.

Maybe Clement wants him here as another Claude Makelele type coach, young, with a wealth of experience. I can see that, him being a defensive version of Makelele but in Terry he's still got a couple of games in his legs so could maybe play in cup games or fill in temporarily if there are injuries, but his mane role would be as a coach/mentor. That would make sense to me and in that respect I wouldn't mind him being here, but as a first team player, no thanks.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    seabreeze likes this.
  18. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Tis a right back we need! Bartley getting a good full season under his belt gives me confidence with what we have at centre half and if Mawson continues his rise, we're sorted there.

Naughton is a good athlete but his passing is atrocious and was the only real weak-link in our defence 2nd half of the season.

swan_and_only and Stumpy like this.
  19. trundles left foot

Happy to go into a season with 3 half tidy centre backs, for me Amat and VDH are done. so that will leave us with 3. But still shouldn't we be trying to improve our side rather than our usual lets make do which is what we are all ready talking about. I accept your opinions re Bartley, but I think we should be looking at better. We will have to wait and see what PC thinks. I do agree at RB though again Rangel times done for me and we should sign a RB who is as good or better than Naughton again to improve the starting 11.

20. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

LOL ... John the Bastard ..... no " Untouchables " for me thanks . Also , I'm hoping that Clement statements on Bartley and Gomis are just ploys to up the ante for selling purposes , if not I'll be a very worried Jack .

trundles left foot and Stumpy like this.