1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just Back From Holiday. WTF?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Brixham Saint, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

Weren't the fish puns in another thread?

2. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Has someone started an angling thread now? Mods, time we started one as I know many on here go fishing on the shoreline at Hillhead!!

3. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the........."oh god no you can't say that"!! But I've never really been that fussed about MT tbh,doesn't look like "the next big thing" to come out of the famed academy.
    I know your not allowed to say that but for me it's a no....sorry.

4. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

My only problem with this is "every last single player on that pitch couldn't care less about the club or the fans which pay their wages".
    That's not true.

Apart from that we have to fight on and hope the money doesn't destroy football.
    They need us because games without real fans will lose their attraction.
    Amazes me that when I talk to people in the States they are all 'Sports Fans' and yet hardly any of them have ever seen a real game except on the Telly.

5. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

Real game of what? If you are talking sports in general, you are horribly mistaken. If you are talking about soccer specifically, sure it's not that popular here. But I would also suggest you take a look at a map and realize how much of this country lives three or four hours away from the nearest MLS team.

6. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

7. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Has anyone else watched the Jose Fonte interview from straight after the game? You can't tell me the players don't care. He was devastated, and angry. My fear is that he knows he's now surrounded by mediocrity...

8. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Some players do care.

9. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

The fans are very disappointed....this is nothing like a real meltdown (admittedly I have not been on SaintsWeb). I think there is a lot of work to do, but we are not going into administration, we are not being sold, and are extremely unlikely to end up in the bottom three.

10. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

That's fair enough Craig; everyone is allowed an opinion. I think the first time I saw him was away to Shefff Utd and I was very impressed. It was a bad night for Saints but he bombed down the line quite a bit.

11. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

The thing is we seem to be sort of bodies and MT has been chucked in,but to me he seems like a rabbit with the lights on.
    Not sure anyone has really helped him,Tadic isn't the man to track back and help and its leaving him very exposed and with pace against him he's really up against it.
    I really hope he does crack on and have a banging season but at the moment I think he's a victim of the team struggling,and when the pressure for results really cranks up will he rise to the top....mmmmm not too sure.

12. fatletiss

Actually he looked better when Tadic came on. Prior to that he didn't really have anyone directly in front of him. He has looked like the rabbit in headlights this time around, but in the games he played last season he did very well. He's 19 and time to develop still.

13. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

I think Targett is a good left back following in the heels of two exceptional full backs. As I said elsewhere, his issue is not ability but a horrible lack of pace which means he finds it hard to get back when caught out. Pace he will probably never gain, but first team football will give him better positional sense so it won't seem such an issue.

Craig smith likes this.
  14. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Your fear is irrational, frankly.

15. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Yes, Fran. I think that he put it up to give a little perspective. I would be more upset about recent events if I wasn't confident that we will turn them around.

fatletiss likes this.
  16. Rotorua Saint

Rotorua Saint New Member

OR perhaps he is a good actor ;0)

17. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Targett looked good last season. Confidence can mean so much...if he'd started with a great game that Saints won, he'd be full of it...some poor results and he has the weight of the world on his back. Confident, he thinks of getting the ball forward.... not confident, he just thinks please don't let me screw up. Needs help and support and for Saints to return to last season's form.

fatletiss likes this.
  18. fatletiss

A lot of that support must come from the stands. Against Watford, Everton and the Danish side, I heard fans around me moaning and groaning at each mistake. I appreciate it's hard for fans to watch but this is a young lad who really needs our patience and support right now. We know that as soon as Ryan is fit he plays, so Targett is only playing for the short term and needs our encouragement. He's a kid.

19. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

20. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

Avoided posting for ages (hence the mis-post) but FLT you are bang on...well said.

shoot_spiderman and StJabbo like this.