1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Kiwi knock it off FFS

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Swords Hoopster., Jul 17, 2015.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Is it legal in Ireland now too then? I'm surprised Ryanair haven't slotted that in to their long list of travel options.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

In 1979, Tim Martin opened his first pub, on Colney Hatch Lane in Muswell Hill, north London.[5] Many of the other early Wetherspoon pubs were also in the western part of Haringey. The J D Wetherspoon name comes from one of Martin's teachers in New Zealand who could not control his class,[6][7][8] and told Tim that he would never succeed in business.[9

apparently the teacher was irish and he kept telling tim to knock it off ffs

sb_73 and Deleted 1 like this.
  3. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I fly Luton Beziers a lot
    Have nothing to say bad about them
    It's complete snobbery IMO
    It's travel pure and simple at a great price plus early on 20 years ago if you pressed the back button on a Mac browser then the price would revert to £0.00 so just the taxes to pay ... Those days are long gone of course I have never been late with Ryanair ... You can count on being late with easyjet

We live in lucky times to be able to travel so cheaply and efficiently a lot of that credit goes to Ryanair

I flew BA club class to Mexico last few years and sorry but it ain't all that
    5 star food no it wasn't and a DVD player and a bed that flight cost me 2 equivalent years of going to France

I flew to the UK this afternoon for €20 on time and had a cheese ham toastie ... Tip top

4. QPR Oslo

Ius
    I must have flown Ryan at least 100 times. Can't remember them ever being late or ever having a problem. They were very helpful on a couple of times I needed something sorting. Their online check in routine is a pain but with the very low cost and reliability, I will go on using them.

5. QPR Oslo

Ius
    I must have flown Ryan at least 100 times. Can't remember them ever being late or ever having a problem. They were very helpful on a couple of times I needed something sorting. Their online check in routine is a pain but with the very low cost and reliability, I will go on using them.

6. QPR Oslo

Ius

7. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Ozzie knock it off FFS

8. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Are you reading the signs in Ozzie too? ;)

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. Swords Hoopster.

Na, I think he's just pissed :tongue:

KooPeeArr likes this.
  10. QPR Oslo

Posting that sh*te 3 times should have got me some free flight's, but those cheap bastas....

sb_73, KooPeeArr and Swords Hoopster. like this.

11. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I doubt if there will be a way back for many British pubs as so many are now mini supermarkets
    It spells out to me exactly what mainstream UK South has settled for
    Tied to debt in a crazy house market
    Lease hire cars
    Cheap beer
    Mass produced food
    Mini stores
    Netflix
    A hot holiday to nowhere once a year

But are you happy
    One diesel strike it all falls down

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

If that's what determines your happiness then you're doing life wrong.

I like all those things you've listed but could live in a world without them. They all just individually make life 0.000001% better.

13. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Perhaps back to these days that CAMRA thwarted - in the late 60', early 70's my older brother had a copy of the CAMRA guidebook and used to drag me out to all sorts of interesting out of the way pubs that served great real beer.

please log in to view this image

14. Swords Hoopster.

So I went down to the new Weatherspoons last Saturday night and it ain't half bad to be fair. You can get a pint of English lager for £1.76 and a fry up for £2.46.

Trouble wasn't far away however. Along with English prices come English rules. "Time" is rang from a bell and when its rang it literally means time's up. Paddy doesn't understand this concept though and when he was told no more alcohol was forthcoming, all hell broke loose. A Barman was pulled across the counter and another staff member had their head stuck into a Mop bucket. Tables were overturned and glasses smashed. One individual leapt across the bar and tried to pull himself a pint. The revellers were eventually marshalled out of the place but still with an unquenched thirst and confusion about what just happened, they forced their way into the next nearest pub and duly wrecked that one too.

It would appear there will be a period of adaptation before this new phenomenon takes hold. I can't wait.

No seriously, I can't wait. I'll not be down there again in a hurry!

PS Kiwi, what's your PM getting up to?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...i-ride-despite-being-18000km-away-688966.html

15. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

That pic reminds me of a joke at the time....Why is Watneys Red Barrel like making love in a punt?
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Because it's f*cking close to water!

<sorry>

16. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh> Sounds like a typical Weatherspoons to me!

17. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Yes, clearly Irish rules apply. A great Irish pub I used to frequent in the back streets of Peckham rarely emptied before 2.00 am in the days when 11.00 was closing time, the landlord was always saying "Ahh, ye must have another one"...:grin:

18. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

What days were those? The Middle Ages?