1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Kodi.tv

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Did anyone try it?

Get on well with it?

Great find if I may say so myself, excellent quality and uninterrupted. Not even the risk of spyware and all the other nasty **** browser steaming sites infect your computer with.

Here's a guide for everyone else to try it next time we're away. I did some research into free to use VPN's and CyberGhost seemed to be the best around.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-nbc-sports-extra-live-for-xbmc/

2. Der Alte

Der Alte Well-Known Member

The Kodi site (formerly XBMC) is excellent in many ways but I've never had much success with streaming live footy on it. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

3. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Worked a treat. I did get a lot of buffering but that was more to do with the Cyberghost servers than Kodi

4. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I struggled to get past the add on stage and had to revert back to ****stream.com

5. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

It works, quality is fine but it stops and buffers every few seconds so it's more or less unwatchable. Anyone else find this?

6. TurkeyTeeth™

It was doing this with for me even though I have lightstream so I assumed it was to do with too much network traffic on the US Cyberghost server.

7. TurkeyTeeth™

Watching Burnley and WBA on it now and it's fine. Apart from the bastards are winning 1-0

8. desfrog

desfrog Well-Known Member

Tried watching the Burnley game but still buffering badly so back to ****stream

9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

2-0 ffs !

10. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Lol, exactly the point at which I layed them on Betfair = 500% profit :emoticon-0164-cash:

11. look_back_in_amber

I tried to try it Bob, the main problem I seemed to have was with Cyberghost, unless you are a paid subscription member there are very few, one I think, USA servers that you can use. I tried that one and initially got a message that there were too many users on that server, I tried it again and managed to get a connection, but then I struggled to find the game on Kobi.

I also found, when I reverted to my UK server, KC Lightstream, that I kept getting disconnected, and then this morning when I came to my PC my cordless mouse wouldn't function. I changed the batteries thinking that it may be that but still no joy so I uninstalled Cyberghost and everything's back to normal, connection and mouse.

So it doesn't look like it'll work for me but thanks for the suggestion.

12. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

100% loss.

13. look_back_in_amber

You had a 100% loss?

14. Amin Yapusi

My stream was absolutely seamless for the first half. I ended up cutting the VPN off at half time and after reloading it I did have some buffer issues. If LBIA is correct about there being only one free to use US based server then that is almost certainly the problem.

There are many decent VPN networks that WILL run seamlessly which charge a small subscription, which lets be honest, for a £5er a month you are basically getting a subscription for all premier league games, American TV (you could use the US Netflix etc.) and God knows what else you might find in other countries.

I think I'll be doing that. Far cheaper than the £20 or whatever it is for sky sports.

15. Sledmere Fusilier

Sledmere Fusilier Well-Known Member

Cheap premium account for 1 device only on HotUK Deals showing £9.99 for a year ( http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cyber-ghost-vpn-special-edition-12-months-9-99-2134500). When it directs you to CyberGhost sales ( https://store.cyberghostvpn.com/848/?scope=checkout&cart=143877 ) it states $9.99 so I aint sure what your going to pay but cheap either way.
    Remember to change your time region to Eastern -5hrs , start your VPN select Washington or New York servers (nearest US servers) and then run Kodi (XBMC)

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  16. Amin Yapusi

I don't know if I'd use CyberGhost if I was paying. From what I could tell it seemed like it was the best free to use (due to it having no speed/data limitations, it's main drawback being a 3 hour at a time usage cap) but there are probably better pay for VPN's, or at least equal out there at lower cost... I didn't look into premium options though.

17. Sledmere Fusilier

Sledmere Fusilier Well-Known Member

Premium option at that price is a bargain although it only allows 1 device. A more expensive (and admittedly better) option is VYPR VPN.

18. desfrog

desfrog Well-Known Member

But will subscribing mean no buffering issues?

19. TurkeyTeeth™

No. I have a subscription and was getting buffering issues but I found that reconnecting to an alternate server would cure it for another 20 seconds or so,

Even so, the picture quality was better than Acestream which was the best I'd had it previously and that was subject to intermittent buffering as well.

20. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Have you tried dropping from HD to SD to solve the buffering?