1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Kodi.tv

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Feb 7, 2015.

1. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

Find Sport Devil in an 'unofficial' repository. Match streams and more!!!!

2. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

North Ferriby pre-match press conferences?

3. desfrog

desfrog Well-Known Member

Found a very good add on ' MetalKettle' has all the Sky sports,BT channels in HD plus others

4. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

I have Mobdro on my phone.

I think it's only available for Android though.

You watch anything from anywhere in the world.

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

The buffering issues were 100% down the the free CyberGhost server.

I've tried it today using the free trial of a premium pay for VPN and it's been absolutely faultless, not a single pause for buffering yet, and the quality is perfect - 720p HD.

Definitely worth paying £4.99 a month or whatever for a proper VPN for this.

6. NorthFerribyTiger

NorthFerribyTiger Well-Known Member

We know of course you only want it for the adult content on there Hattie :rolleyes:

7. Elmos_right_peg

I kept getting buffering every 5 mins and am using the premium on cyberghost you must have been lucky

8. Amin Yapusi

Maybe you're still logging into the free server? Or maybe cyberghost is a bit crap. I don't know. I used the free trial of hotspot shield and it ran absolutely perfectly smoothly, not a single judder or pause to buffer.

9. Amin Yapusi

For anyone not wanting to use a pay for VPN, I've just discovered you can drop the quality. In the list of video addons, right click NBC Sports Live Extra > Add-On Info > Configure then lower stream quality til it works, should work fine in a free vpn. Not quite HD but still far superior, clearer and smoother, than streaming from a website, just tested it to see.

10. wippywelder

wippywelder New Member

Its really worth persevering with, as for buffering issues try clearing the cache. Plenty of help from Youtube

As for a VPN, CyberGhost have regular offers on, currently £9.99 for one year on one device. Once CyberGhost has started choose the Netherlands as this has far less draconian laws on p2p sharing then USA.

11. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Why don't you use Linux if you are bothered with spyware and other crap like that? Feel free to make a rational non trolling response for once too.

12. Amin Yapusi

I don't troll, you do.

13. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

I knew it was too much to ask. Anyway I use Linux if there is any doubt about malware, quite easy to dual boot with windows or on its own, it works well with the media centre (XBMC) you mentioned. That way checking out streams isn't a worry.

14. fozmaster

fozmaster Active Member

I bought the Minix 8H from HK a few weeks ago. Went onto the Kodi site and loaded the ARM version of the software.

Works like a treat, but you have to have a better than average internet connection to get a good picture for most things available on the box.

There are well over 2500 different video addons that can be downloaded in ZIP form and loaded straight into the software.

Been watching all the latest TV and cinema in my armchair since it arrived. Excellent bit of kit.

All the footie you will ever need from all over the world.

CTID

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  15. Amin Yapusi

Personally quite happy just to use windows. It's what I've always used since a whipper snapper and it's just familiarity. So long as you're careful malware and whatnot isn't a problem anyway.

And thanks to kodi I'm not even at risk of it at all really any more because I no longer have any need to go on dodgy websites and such.

16. Amin Yapusi

Not strictly true, my home connection is probably worse than average, I'm still on copper wire on a 16 meg line and it's more than enough to stream in full HD. Even Sky movies are available instantly.

The problem with streaming on kodi is having a fast enough vpn. The server I was connected on yesterday only gave me an 80kbps upload speed but it still handled the full 3500kb 720p stream without any problems whatsoever.

17. fozmaster

fozmaster Active Member

I d

I don't use a VPN but I am on fibre so I have no problems either way. Watch anything I want from anywhere in the world and don't need a computer to do so.

Saying that I do have it on my MacBook too for when I'm away working abroad. Works fine too so your not wrong there. Just nice to watch footie when away on business especially as I buy a season ticket and usually only see about 6/8 games a season.

CTID

18. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I thought the need for a vpn was to bypass international 'boundaries'? How does that work?

Also is 'watch anything I want from anywhere in the world' really true? I'm not disputing what you say just displaying my ignorance of what this Minix 8H does.

19. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Doesn't a VPN hide your IP? So, in effect, you're anonymous and also without geographic location.

20. Amin Yapusi

I guess it depends where you get your streams from within Kodi, I use the NBC app which requires you to be in America, which streams most games in crystal clear 720p and the rest in 1080i. It really is just like watching on a Sky HD box.

It's by no means the only way to get better quality streams through Kodi but as far as I'm aware it's the best.

Which addon do you use to stream football and what's the quality like?