1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Kodi

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by UnitedinRed, Sep 29, 2015.

1. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

A change in security is coming. Nag 4 I think. Dish US networks are testing it now so should soon be on all major networks like when nag 3 came.

Its won't be next week or anything. Take a while to test and implement. Plus some networks may not bother as it would mean replacing loafs of old boxes.... A case of, do the sums add up for some.

Anyway, when it does go to nag 4, IPTV will be HD so those who are in the know will just upgrade or get both anyway.

Its what I have read in my researching of kodi.

DMD likes this.
  2. UnitedinRed

The beast add on over hushams worked fine and allowed me to keep all the husham stuff. It looks amazing. With the phone remote app it works almost as smoothly as sky.

I've just checked the quality to, BBC one SD to comedy central east and its identical. So SD for me, 47" TV, set up to my liking so I get the best picture quality.

Im going to go and write up a simple guide for a fellow United fan now and will go with the beast build. Think it will suit his needs.

Thanks for all your help, especially guy who's name I forgot and cant think how to get back to the top of the screen.....

PS, can we use this thread to keep each other updated?

3. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Feel free to share your guide on here when you've done it fella.

4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

UnitedinRed likes this.
  5. UnitedinRed

Its my first ever guide so may not be perfect. Ive obviously not tested it but did the steps last night bar installing Kodi as I already have it but its for @Treble on the United board.

posted below. let me know if it works, its basically a typed up version of ChrisB (Beast creator) video tutorial.

6. UnitedinRed

Kodi Windows running The Beast Build basic set up. Credit to ChrisB (creator or build) and to @spesupersydera for pointing me in the right direction.

1. http://spartanpixel.net/Kodi/thebeast/ - go here and click utorrent link. This will download a torrent file. (you will need a torrent downloader like Bitlord).
    alt - http://download1165.mediafire.com/krdg48uu84mg/9w88p6v74bx9jpk/The Beast 26.09.15.1339.exe (let it restart as its a direct link, it may say not working, it will a second later)

2. open the link and get it to start in your torrent downloader.

----------------while downloading----------------

3. Get Kodi. http://kodi.tv download latest windows version. Just click next agree etc.

4. Run Kodi

------------------assume all downloaded now and kodi installed----------------------------

5. Shut down Kodi (might hang for a minute).

Find the downloaded 'The Beast' File. Run it.

once its run, open Kodi again and then sit back, relax and enjoy. Once you get to grips you can then customise this to your liking. Ive got mine looking pretty nifty and mate...........

IT HAS A 3PM KICK OFF SECTION DEDICATED!.

This is the basic set up, onj demand and some live TV. will need to go into more detail for live TV, PVR set up, EPG etc etc.

this should take you 30 mins so plenty of time before kick off.

7. UnitedinRed

hope that helps guys. It may not be around for long depending on how Mick sees it with it being his site. Might stick it in Spoilers.

8. UnitedinRed

oh and download Kore or Yatse. Kore is the official remote. perfect for using on Windows.

On your phone BTW.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  9. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

Anyone got any recommendations on what IPTV to use?

10. UnitedinRed

Dexter and daffy IPTV are good one. All have working links for all champs league games, some in HD or near enough.

Anyway, games kicked off so back later

Off The Line likes this.

11. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Told you it was good stuff mate, I'm glad you're getting on ok with it - I've been messing round with XBMC and Kodi for ages, The Beast was certainly the best I'd come across.

12. UnitedinRed

Its a lot of fun for sure. Cant be frustrating getting some of it to work but google is your friend with that one.

Where's the best place to get all the upto date add ons and updates for the less legal stuff?

Looking forward to getting the ivue TV guide working with as many channels as possible too. So far use the live TV section as it works much better but the ivue one looks really nice.

13. spesupersydera

So far, it's done an auto-update everytime I've opened Kodi ..... in the lower menu, of each main menu title, you can find anything you want via the numerous sub menu's, it really is endless. I tend to use the ''Favourites'' tab and use the myriad of sub menus you can get within. If you're into more adult themed stuff the ''Mens'' tab is full of it ............... you really need to need to get into the sub menus to find it all.

14. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

The problem with Kodi (especially for watching live matches) is that you are completely reliant on the developer of the add-on keeping their links up to date.
    VDUB25 was one of the best but hasn't been working for a few weeks now.
    So you need to generally have a selection of add-ons as alternates to try because add-ons only update their lists for weekend games.

My current 3 add-ons to watch footie are Phoenix, IPTV Stalker-RIP and Megasearch which pulls from a number of IPTV sources.

Lots of people seem to rave about Sportsdevil but the link qualities seem to be only on par with the live streams you can find on google.
    It's also useful to search for Kodi on youtube at least monthly to see what the latest add-ons are.

15. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

With Kodi, I have experienced the same problem, I have been using Phoenix & Vdub, and they are very hit and miss whether they are working or not. Also with both a get a lot of buffering.

Last 2 nights I have used the following link to stream the Euro games, and it was excellent with no buffering at all. I used the BT option and it was very good.

http://www.livefootballol.com/streaming/uefa-champions-league/

16. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Awful, isn't it?Someone makes channels you have to pay for available for free and they aren't in HD. The bastards!

17. UnitedinRed

If you want less hassle, pay a few quid. For 1/20th the price of sky you get more.

Last night I began configuring ivue to work channels by channel. It's a long process but I've got quite a few now linked to working sources. Some in HD too.

However my primary use for kodi is a direct sky replacement. The ivue links are not always going to be there so the iks66 one month sub, combined with stalker npps PVR client, gives me a full set of working, satalite and cable channels. Just turn the phones remote app on and it's like watching, cable TV.

I've paid for that bit Iam also covering the free option. Its pain staking mind but should be worth it in the end, and when my fibre is installed.

Fox sports 1 is all I can't get working right now.

18. UnitedinRed

Soon will be though. And 4kk movies on demand.

Already a 4k app with the option. Love TV being worked on it says.

Though you will need a 4k TV and compatible box for it to work obviously. Sack that off for now, wait a few years and get a 50" for £250 on the black Friday riots. Or on amazon prime day 2018, get one for the low low price of just 1p.

19. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

I know I am old when this thread looks like it's written in a foreign language.
    <cheers>

20. spesupersydera

Don't let age put you off technology mate - anything I get stuck with, the kids & g'kids give me a hand with; failing that there's always some bugger on youTube wanting to show you how to complete every task under the sun.

look_back_in_amber likes this.