1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Koeman

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by jonny 'hasen' shuttle, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Getting a bit of stick on Twitter <laugh>

Sounds like he made too many changes <laugh>

2. Libby

Libby 9-0

I like Koeman, gave us our best league finish in 30 years and qualified for Europe to boot. Also gave us the 8-0 and the amazing stat in my sig. Will always look back fondly on his time here.

Pelletron likes this.
  3. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

That we got anywhere with Our Way really owes a fair debt to Koeman, so it's silly to be slagging him off while talking up our methods.

Libby likes this.
  4. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I trust you can provide evidence for this ridiculous and totally unfounded claim. My threads have always been deeply profound and devoid of prejudice. They have been aimed at the intelligent thinking fan which is probably why you have completely missed the point. Try as I might with my posts I will always find it impossible to compensate for any fan with a weak intellect.

Velcro Roy, claytonsaint and VVD like this.
  5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Koeman undoubtedly did a fantastic job for us. We had two great seasons under him and let's not forget he is equally indebted to Saints for building up his managerial reputation. He did a great job here, both seasons.

I also reserve the right to slag him off because I really didn't like the feeling he gave when he left us. I'm a Saints fan. He ****ed off and if he really wanted to stay here, he'd still be here, so he can **** off in my simple little head.

Everton were right up there on my black list anyway. Now he's added to it.

6. Libby

Libby 9-0

Fair enough, can't disagree with any of that. Was probably worse for you due to your dislike of Everton. I've always quite liked Everton - too young for '84 ;) - so easier for me to wish him well. I also understand the appeal of the job more than some (not you).

7. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

He did publicly wish us well before the Sparta Praha game didn't he? I thawed out a bit then, he didn't have to do that. He wasn'r going to sign an extension, we weren't keen on letting him go into the last season running down his contract. Perhaps this is best for everybody. Still hope he fails at Everton though, obviously.

8. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Didn't he actually wish the Daily Echo Saints media team well accidentally

9. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Despite 1984 I don't hate Everton. Liverpool are another matter! That's based on sharing so much of my life with arrogant Reds fans who knew sod all during the Shankly/Paisley era!

But the comment about small town mentality is an interesting one. The point was made that Liverpool and Southampton are roughly the same size yet one can support two teams that see themselves as giants, albeit snoozing ones on occasions, while the other has a "small team". What this fails to understand is that football is in the DNA of those who live in Merseyside and Greater Manchester. To hear the phrase "I'm not interested in football" is as rare as rocking horse ****. How often I hear that in Hampshire (or the equally common "I support United/Liverpool/Arsenal"). The fact is that any of the big 4 in this area can look to expand. Until they built their new stand LFC had 10,000+ people on their waiting list for season tickets.

The Board can be as ambitious as they want. This might be shared by those of us mad enough to support the club. However, as long as the car parks of Southampton are half full with cars bearing Man Utd and Liverpool stickers, they must know that they won't fill a 50,000 seater stadium.

Koeman obviously prefers a hot bed to a luke warm one. Now there's a headline for the Star!

10. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

<laugh> Did he? Oh well, best of luck to the guys running the burger vans outside Goodison this season. Hope they all make a fortune.

latviandream likes this.

11. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

:)

12. NISaint

NISaint Well-Known Member

Those who still think favourably upon Ronald Koeman may feel differently when Gareth Barry bundles in a late, hoker winner on November 27th and RK is streaking down the touch line, helicoptering and wiping his arse with Cuco Martina's wash bag.

13. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

All rational reason eludes me on match day. My daughter reckons I get a sort of match day tourettes. Ask me 3 days later what I thought of an opposition player who has just played a blinder and I'll give a reasoned evaluation. At the time he was, of course, an f'in lucky Northern git. (Easy chant to shout northern at SMS, after all there is no south). So yes, I'll be screaming abuse at RK, but any opposition player or manager gets it from me! My Doctor is on standby with us playing Liverpool and Everton so close together.

fatletiss likes this.
  14. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I disliked the attitude of the Everton fans during that tricky period of will he/won't he far more than I dislike Koeman himself.

greensaint likes this.
  15. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

Look I just want to apologise to everyone for my Thread where I seem to have made a mistake.

On a 2nd glance i notice I forgot the word 'fat'

So its 'Koeman'...

'is a fat ginger twat'

Saints Fan4Life likes this.
  16. saintalfie

saintalfie Active Member

Ronald Koeman is a good manager and i find this sort of name calling so bloody childish. Football is football and players, managers etc move around - fact. Get over it.

17. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

He left us, I moved on. He started well for Everton - Who cares? I only care for my club, Not for the people in it.

18. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

Our previous highest finish before RK was also a ginger chap.

19. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

I still like Koeman, but to me what he did was worse than what MP did. MP never directly contradicted his words like Koeman did.

20. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

HESKETH!!!!!!

Wrong thread but right thread!