1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Goodhand Arms

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Jul 15, 2014.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Whilst it is ridiculous of Japan to restart whaling for scientific purposes [I mean, come on, don't you know enough for now.?] it is perhaps a slight overreaction to say that future generations will be telling their children about the big animals that roamed the seas [leaving aside the land animals]. Although it is rather hard to keep an accurate measure, whales are recovering. The biggest and at most risk of them all, Blue Whale numbers are climbing, for example, and many/most/all [insert correct word as I'm not certain] whale populations are recovering. Not hunting the whale is working.

However, whales could easily be hunted again worldwide. Those countries who do hunt for scientific purposes are basically doing so for economic purposes and finding markets for whale meat. A scientific permit to hunt decrees that the whale meat must be sold for consumption [minimal waste] after whatever tests are done. Amazingly, the permit is issued by the country that wants to hunt the whales, and they set their own limit. So the 300 whales Japan intends to slaughter are what they feel they can get away with, without a big song and dance from other countries. Remembering that Scandinavian countries occasionally feel the need to issue themselves permits too.

In an era of DNA testing, there is no need to hunt whales for scientific purpose.

2. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

Manchester is now officially the hardest city on the planet, 4 world champs and a **** load of wanna be gangsters

3. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

British heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury has given a bizarre interview in which he says the end of days is approaching.

He said that the devil will be summoned when paedophilia is legalised, completing the satanic trinity.

The other two aspects of the trinity have already been legalised – abortion and homosexuality.

Fury added: ‘There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home: one of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other one’s paedophilia. Who would have thought in the 50s and 60s that those first two would be legalised?

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/09/heavy...the-devil-and-abortion-5489356/#ixzz3sqz9vuW7

So Fury is more of a twat then I thought..

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  4. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Yep good call, liked what I have seen when Joshua has fought......hopefully he will get a crack at Fury when ready and knock him out.

5. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I am stunned.

6. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Also, given the recent boom in this, I see goals where the striker runs off praising the sky when if it had been the other side who scored, their man would have been doing the same. How does their invisible friend choose? Does one of them get help because he lives better? Or prays better? Or does the sky fairy of choice just help the team he supports more? If so, is God from Manchester? He's certainly not based at Villa Park this year (it looks like Satan might have camped out there). Why don't defenders get help? Or if they do, why don't they (yet) thank their friend up there after a good tackle? What do they say when they pick up a blade of grass as they run onto the pitch, kiss it and look upwards? Are they asking forgiveness for their last "roasting" session? Are sportsmen basically good people who deserve heaven on their side?

Oh, hang on, I'm trying to be rational about religion. Sorry, I'll stop it immediately.

Vin

7. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Who is the most rational and reasoning person someone who has absolute total belief that there is a God or someone who has absolute total belief that there isn't?

8. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I don't understand why he uses a pseudonym, when we all know his real name is Bruce Wayne.

9. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Come on Murray - play to form and the cup is ours.

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Huge effort from a lot of people in the five years it took to get out of the stiffs and into the top group. Come on, Andy.

11. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Neither. That's why most atheists say "there probably is no god" rather than "there is no god". There's no "belief" about it. I can only speak for myself, obviously, but if anyone can come up with any credible evidence (other than a holy book of whatever flavour) for a god, I'm quite prepared to change my mind.

However, when it comes to the tooth fairy, I'm prepared to be absolutist.

Vin

Tommomo likes this.
  12. fran-MLs little camera

This is a terrific tennis match.

13. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

Yes, it is and I'm surprisingly relaxed about it. I saw Goffin at Wimbledon about 4 years ago and to say that he's advanced a lot since then to make No 15 in the world is a huge understatement as he could barely win two points in a row during that match at Wimbledon.

14. fran-MLs little camera

15. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

2-0!
    What an amazing set that was, Goffin is playing well above his class but just can't live with Murray.

16. fran-MLs little camera

How demoralising to break Andy and then have him break straight back.

17. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Great win. Well done GB.

18. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

19. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Great Britain are World Champions of tennis!

fatletiss likes this.
  20. fran-MLs little camera

What a shot to win with as well. I pleaded with Goffin not to serve a double fault....not how you'd want to win. Three nil but still a great game lasting nearly 3 hours.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.