1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic KRAFTY chisellers ! or what

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Apr 16, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

In the late 80's I did a couple of years on nights at Cadburys in Keynsham.. one of my departments was "the mini egg and coated nuts" The centre of the mini egg was the highest quality chocolate made in the UK.

MINI EGGS once a very high quality chocolate covered in a candy coat of identifiable colours with a robust spotting ...and quite expensive ! (bear in mind quality of chocolate, and "good artwork" that gave them a natural looking egg speckled egg finish.
    Today I had a couple of mini eggs, they were bland, most colours and speckles were non exiatant and the ingreidients were only just within the lowest quality of chocolate, and not made by Cadburys but another company "who knows where and by whom" UNDER LICENCE!!!!!
    a TEST COMPARISON today of "CADBURYS unknown manufacturer v M&S eggs was thus( based on price, appearance and taste ) OUT OF 10 = 60 POINTS MAX = TOTAL out of 180
    CADBURY ............... MS
    35 ...............................52
    19 ............................... 54
    45 ...............................54
    99.. ===total === ..160
    on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 = YES , would you recommend either = Cadbury =0 M&S 29

LAST YEAR I never had a chocolate crème filled as the cost verses size was just stupid, about 50% of the size 10 years ago

are KRAFT'Ys are taking the British public for idiots?

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Americans know nothing about making delicious chocolate and probably make the worst in the world. Hershey is absolutely disgusting and they think it's better than anything manufactured in Europe and when the witch from the Excited States closed Keynsham I though the U.K. government would have had good reason to nullify the deal because she committed to keeping it open, but then what else do you expect from lacklustre politicians who have given away everything that was precious.

smhbcfc likes this.
  3. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

I worked in the print trade and did work for Cadburys. I was given a contractors pass for the shop on site and kept family and friends in miss - shaped chocolate for years. Very sad when it was shut down, but on the bright side I lost a stone and a half in weight.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I simply don't buy Cadburys chocolate anymore, I feel about Kraft the way Liverpool feel about the Sun and Co...

5. invermeremike

We used to have school trips to Frys at Keynsham and were allowed to take home broken chocolate to give it a good home I suppose and my favourite was Crunchie. Our other preferred choice was W.D and HO Wills but were not allowed to take home fags, if you get my drift, but today it would be human rights issue. When I worked in Andover for AMF Legg we used to make conveyor systems and tobacco processing equipment for them and they used to come in on the night shift to test the conveyors with Cheese Puffs and the ability of the other stuff used to chop the tobacco. Plastic bags stuffed to the brim were allowed to be taken home by any staff that wanted tobacco or the puffs. Oh happy days when political correctness was in the right spot when needed. Bah humbug to the Americans and their ruination of traditional tasty English chocolate.

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

<ok> :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes: <ok>
    Spot on, yesterday unfortunately I "had to endure" the purchase of mini eggs as my daughter wanted them as they were half price, the shop had hardly sold any and they had a whole pile of them.....
    I do not and have not bought Caburys since the take over, and yesterday was the first time I actually read the label of...... been on a diet for 70 days and wanted to see the calories! I was shocked as stated by the downgrade of quality and appearance

7. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

tried a little of one of the grandchildrens button eggs yesterday, can only say it was sickly, over sweet and horrible,the only chocolate I eat nowadays is lindt excellence 85%, expensive but a little goes a very long way,
    shows how your tastes change as you get older.

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Totally agree re: Kraft and Cadburys. My grandmother was one of the original workers at the Keynsham factory and her name is in a time capsule there.
    My real anger though is for the politicians who stood by and let it happen. Kraft, bastards and liars as they are, are simply doing business, cutting costs and maximising profit like everyone else. They should not have been allowed to do it and that is the duty of our politicians.
    As for the yanks not making tasty chocolate; I am a savoury person myself, but I admit that I absolutely love Reeses - pieces or cups - both delicious!

9. invermeremike