1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lacazette

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Jul 4, 2017.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

BBC reporting he is undergoing a medical prior to a £45m move (potentially rising to £52m with add ins).

Looks like it's a done deal.

Happy?

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

at 45m going up to 52m i think that's a very good signing based upon what is being paid out on other players (pickford, Keane, Ederson).

If Morata and going to be 60odd and Lukaku is going to be 100, i think you've got a very good price on a player who looks the part in the french league.

Maybe one for my fantasy football team if Wenger doesn't do the unthinkable and slowly bed him in

Sign Da Ting and afcftw like this.
  4. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Yes very happy. Getting a top CF and our main bit of business done very early shows a clear and strong signal from the management. This should also encourage our best player Sanchez to stay on. As BobbyD has sighted, the value is good when compared to other crazy valuations.

This could end up as one of our best ever transfer windows.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  5. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I like that we are signing lacazette. In no way would I be happy if he was the only one brought in, nor would I be happy if we now let Alexis Sanchez leave, since that would actually be regression. But good start, and finally not on transfer deadline day.

I would really like it if we could start announcing some contract extensions...

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  6. lazarus20000

Sanchez is really the key signature we should be nailing down this summer. His departure will be a huge hole for us and replacing him would be extremely difficult. His leaving would push us back, but him staying with Lacazette would make us deadly and competitive for the title.

7. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

He could be a fantastic signing. Atletico wanted him and both Utd and Liverpool were rumoured to be interested. He's at a good age and has been consistently performing.

With Giroud as backup and Welbeck and Sanchez able to play up top we are well stocked for strikers.

8. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Don't forget Kolasinac! Lacazette is our second signing of the window. And it's not even preseason yet!

I expect one more signing will happen, two if we are lucky.

Ozil and Sanchez signing will be big for us though.

cini65 likes this.
  9. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Look how quick that deal was done, clearly no one else went in for him and why were Lyon so quick to sell? I think they could have got a bit more from Arsenal but great signing if he lives up to the hype

10. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Atletico Madrid had basically got a deal done for him but then got the transfer ban. Rumours were that Utd and Liverpool had shown interest at one point earlier in the summer, though who knows if there is any truth in that. It could just be he wanted to come to us so it was straightforward. Same happens with other big signings when the player is set on a move to a certain club.

11. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Arsenal fans are a miserable ****ing bunch.

This guy.. scored 37 goals last Season, has the best conversion rate in Europe and still has his best years ahead of him.

Regardless of wether Sanchez stays or goes, it's a good signing.

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

As long as this isn't the Podolski/Giroud scenario where they were signed early in the summer, Wenger gave all the big bollocks about how they would play up top WITH Van Persie. Several weeks later it became obvious they were signed as replacements.

Having said that, if he IS a replacement then we could have done a lot worse. And if Sanchez goes then I suppose we can guarantee another signing on top of this one.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Sign Da Ting, afcftw and TheBear like this.
  13. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Sign Sanchez and Ozil to new deals asap and I think you will attract a few more top players

gooner4ever likes this.
  14. lazarus20000

Hopefully we'll see him in pre-season with us <ok>

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  15. TheBear

Former Liverpool manager Gerrard Houllier had some Interesting words on the transfer:

"He has good technique, is good at using short spaces and is a hard-working player. He can attack, he can defend quickly. I'm not surprised Arsene fancied him.

"He will fit in their game. He will suit their passing game, the way they build up, their approach. He is very good near the box.

"He is a bit like Ian Wright really. You don't seem to see him and then suddenly he moves."

Houllier also suggested that Arsenal were getting better value for their money than Manchester United in their expected £78m deal for Alvaro Morata.

He added: "When you think Anthony Martial cost €80m Morata is about to cost €90m... Morata hasn't scored as many goals as Lacazette.

"Morata has played 130 games and scored only 47 goals.

gooner4ever and enigma like this.
  16. TheBear

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Really pleased with this signing, and as mentioned for a decent price considering the wider market. The bloke has been a goal machine in the french league and his technique, power and precision should mean that he can transfer that to the PL fairly easily, especially given the service he will get at Arsenal.

Big issues now are keeping Ozil and Sanchez, which I think we will. We've signed Kolasniac and hopefully we can bring in either Lemar or Mahrez. If we do that, then this will be a brilliant transfer window <ok>

TheBear likes this.
  18. lazarus20000

Alexandre Lacazette reveals Francis Coquelin influenced his £52m transfer move to Arsenal

Lacazette, who scored the winner at the U19 tournament back in 2010, revealed he has been in contact with Coquelin ever since.

He added: Francis and I kept in touch after that,” Lacazette added. “We’ve had a lot of contact over the last few years and even more over the last few weeks, of course, since it became increasingly likely that I would come to Arsenal.

‘He has said only good things about Arsenal, which is not surprising because he wanted me to join the club. Even without that I still really wanted to come here.

‘He stressed that it was a great club located in a fantastic city. He said I would not regret my decision to move here because of the people I’d be working with and, of course, the fans.’

Apparently, not only did Coqs seduce Lacazette to come, but it was Wenger's dinner date that sealed the deal. Wenger the old smoothy, maybe we need to get him on more dinner dates, starting with Mahrez or Lemar...

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Wenger has been talking with Lemar's dad for a number of weeks now apparently. I think that's Wenger's way. He likes to meet the family and put the personal touch on deals

20. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

With Mbappe he has supposedly spent a lot of time talking with the family too. I think he recognises that particularly with the younger players it's important for the family to feel happy and confident in the manager of a new club.

PINKIE likes this.