1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lacazette

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Jul 4, 2017.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Lucas Perez has spoken out about the fact he the Club gave his shirt Number to Lacazette without even asking him.

I will never get why he was treated soo badly at Arsenal. He should have been given FAR more game time - the guy looked good on the pitch.

Some of Wengers decisions truly baffle me.
    Perez looks like a decent player. Good on the ball can play across the front line, hardworking and can finish. Why spent £16 million him if your not gonna use him?

Another one was Joel Campbell. He looked good - was put out on loan.
    Then we get players like Chamberlain, Bendtner, Denilson who just get chance over chance and get favoured ahead of better performing players.

Quilllogic likes this.
  2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The most logical explanation would be they've shown some sort of disrespect to Wenger which has resulted in them being frozen out. It certainly isn't their quality on the pitch, as they can easily rival and possibly exceed the likes of Oxo, Walcott, Ramsey and Wilshere.

You could mention Gnabry also, he looked promising but was moved on. But out of all of them, the Perez was certainly the most puzzling.

Quilllogic likes this.
  3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Wenger being inept is the most logical reason to me.

gooner4ever likes this.
  4. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Totally agree with this. Perez always looked good when he was given a game and looked like a natural goalscorer.
    If Wenger had only given him a run in the team I'm sure he would have proved himself.
    Skillful player and only Wenger knows why he was frozen out.

gooner4ever likes this.
  5. TheBear

He can certainly be totally illogical at times. How Nicholas Bendtner got almost 200 apps for us (but wasnt good enough for Wolfsburg or Nottingham Forest) is a classic example of this

Perez came to us in his prime on the back a an excellent Season in Spain - barely got a chance. Was mainly brought on for the last 5-10 mins of games.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    gooner4ever likes this.
  6. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Lord B was a classic example of AW's total stubbornness over players and their ability and worth to the team.
    AW doesn't quickly act to get rid of the surplus players from our squad which has a knock on effect to wage bill and ability to pay the best players what they want (and can get elsewhere) which then means they easily run down their contracts to give themselves all the power in negotiations.
    We need a clear out of all the players that have flattered to deceive, or are injury prone (or both) like Wilshere and Theo and Ox and Gibbs and replace them with better players who perform at a high level constantly and aren't as brittle. I actually love Theo and Jack and it hurts to say they should go but we have to do this in this window.

7. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

You love Jack? Theo I can see, but Jack is has got no redeeming features.

8. TheBear

Yeah agreed. I would actually keep Theo and Wilshere.(I like both) But yeah I would sell Chamberlain, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Akpom and I would also sell Gabriel as I think he's an accident waiting to happen..

I would probably keep Chambers for now as I think the new system could suit him. (Although Holding is clearly head of him in the pecking oreder)

9. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I must admit that for Jack I do care.
    When on form he is real class.
    But unfortunately for him that's rare
    as his bones are made of glass.
    So if we sell for £20m that's fair,
    anything less you can shove up your arse :)

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Wilshere I couldn't care one bit,
    Cos he's ****.

Done.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Really ?

Opposite for me.

12. lazarus20000

I'd say Walcott is my clear pick.. Not sure where it's gone wrong for him but i feel it's his expectations versus what the boss wants which has been the problem. I still think he is a 15/20+ PL goal scorer if used in the right way but there has been a fair amount of changes in players and formation that has disturbed things. I think all the players mentioned are good players, but mid to lower PL quality. They never were anything more, but the English hype train took over and made them out to be something they weren't.

There comes a time when you have to bite the bullet and make the decision to move on, otherwise we'll never progress as a club. There has been far too much procrastination with our management and if they don't make the necessary changes this summer, they will find it very difficult to make headway in the PL. It WILL be tougher this season than last, that much is obvious.

13. TheBear

Theo gets attacked by the press but the reality is he scores goals. He also offers us something unique (ridiculous pace) and is a very good finisher. I dont think we always use him correctly however.
    For example last Season when we got spanked over two legs by Bayern - Theo was the only player that cause them any kind of problems. 19 goals last Season and not a hint of positive press. Walcott is'nt the best with the ball at his feet but he's a good weapon to have in the squad.

Chamberlain on the other hand - just had the best Season of his career and the outcome? 6 goals.(career average of less than 3 goals per Season as a player who has mainly played as a WF) . The other issue is nobody can confidently say where his best position is.
    He has ZERO end product.He can power past 3 defenders but you can guarantee his shot will go wide or his cross will end up near the corner flag.He has the talent.. but not the mentality for a big Club.

Wilshere is a different issue. He needs to stay fit and he needs game time. I would play him in Europe/FA/league Cup and see how he progresses.

14. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

If Wenger is sticking with the new system, then it's a ****ing no contest between Walcott and the OX. Walcott simply has no position in this new system, after we changed to it, he barely played again last season, while the OX did well as a right wing back, can also play in midfield and even played as a left wing back in the cup final. Everything needs to be set up in Walcott's favour for him to thrive.

15. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Also, Chamberlain is still being linked to the likes of Chelsea,Man City and Liverpool for a reason, even as a squad player he has plenty to offer, can play various different positions and is always committed no matter what, looks like he will not stay at Arsenal, which is a shame because he is a cracking player to have in any squad.

16. TheBear

On the whole the Ox had his best Season but was still mediocre.
    I liked him as a Wing back at the end of last Season. But he's ****ing terrible as a CM (position he wants to play) and he doesnt score anywhere near enough as a WF.
    You could play Walcott, Perez, Campbell, Iwobi on the wing in an attacking position and all of them will give you more goals and assist than The Ox.

6 Seasons at Arsenal and he averages 3.3 goals per Season. (20 goals over 6 Seasons)There are centrebacks out there with similar records

17. lazarus20000

I agree. It's the whole, do we wait to see if they come good dilemma. He had a decent last season for his standards, but will he get better or is that the best he's going to be? We've wasted enough time on other players who haven't got to the required level. If he really was that good then he would be scoring/assisting a lot more than his paltry total so far.The fact that he's been with us for 6 seasons and we still don't know his best position should answer our question really. Where is Wenger going to play him next, central defence? keeper? water boy? Another over hyped English player to go with the many others we've had and still have.

TheBear likes this.
  18. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Six seasons at Arsenal, and he is still only 23 years old, people still need to remember that fact, so he is still nowhere near his peak, my point is that as a squad player he is pretty handy to have, similar to a James Milner, Walcott on the other hand has no use in the new system, after we changed to that system, Walcott was well and truly ditched by Wenger last season.

BobbyD likes this.
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agree with this. Also Last season Oxo was one of our better players in a largely **** season. He was carrying our attack at some points toward the end of the season and he always looked dangerous. He's not the finished article but he has shown massive improvement in the last 12 months. Also he can play in a variety of positions and is as comfortable in the centre of midfield as he is as a wing back or wing forward.

Walcott on the other hand is in his prime and basically can only play as a WF in a system that is set up to counter against a high line defence. If the opposition sit deep then Walcott is basically useless. The guy is 28 now and isn't going to improve any more. And he's not going to make it as a CF at Arsenal. It's not really a surprise that nobody has been linked with Walcott because he's on £100k+ wages at Arsenal, so he is going to be difficult to move on.

BrunelGooner likes this.