1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Lack of intelligence or political correctness gone mad?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

doh!

please log in to view this image

2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They could have had them visiting a brothel full of black prostitutes on their retreat towards the French coast.

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  3. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Good point.

4. Blacker-than-Knight

Considering that American forces segregated the black troops and mostly had them in support roles this is just another ignorant American critic projecting todays values on the past, at the time of Dunkirk the BEF was as to be expected white and male, my uncle Reg Morley was one of them and escaped at Dunkirk he would never talk about it but as with his other 4 brothers who all served in the war he had nightmares up to the day he died, Reg was actually removed from active service after Dunkirk as he was a panel beater and had worked for Supermarine before the start of the war, he went back to work making the wings for Spitfires.

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

They're not men, they're gender neutral.

anyobrien likes this.
  6. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

At least Robin Hood's merry men had a coloured member.
    Will Scarlet....:emoticon-0100-smile

7. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

My Great Uncle was with the Durham Light Infantry and captured in the fall back to Dunkirk after the Arras counter attack - subsequently spent the remainder of the war in a POW camp.

What was interesting was the Wehrmacht's attitude toward the POWs - they really hated the SS guys within the camp and where possible sneaked food to the British lads out of their own rations to help them and try and make things a bit better.

My Uncle was able to meet up with one of his German Army guards after the war and they became good friends.

To me this sort of thing is way more interesting and says far more about "humanity" than some sort of stupid PC box ticking or quota filling

Big Ern, anyobrien and englanddan like this.
  8. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sounds like the film is well worth seeing. Unlikely it will be in the cinemas here so might have to be the usual Pirate DVD

9. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

Was there any Americans at Dunkirk ?
    don't mention, Uncle Sam's boys didn't enter the war for another 2 years

10. NUFCBRONX

NUFCBRONX Active Member

To be fair there were a few Indian transport companies at Dunkirk, but I'm sure that this is not what these idiots mean. On the other hand we could fulfill the expectations by remaking It Ain't Half Hot Mum and watch their heads explode.

11. Blacker-than-Knight

I didn't say there were Americans at Dunkirk, I was making a point regarding the critics lack of knowledge in imposing modern values on historical reality, being 55 years old with 5 uncles who all fought in the 2nd world war I do have some awareness of it.

12. Blacker-than-Knight

My understanding is that there were some 600 Indian troops in support companies, mainly mule companies, some were evacuated and some were captured as POW's, not a lot of info on the POW's and how the Germans treated them, the Japanese though are documented as using Indian POW's for target practise and even cannibalism, they treated the British badly enough but were even more brutal with the Indians.

13. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

this wasn't a pop, it was a general comment about the original post sorry if it looks that way
    it was more of a swipe at the Americans who entered the war late after the event so have no idea of who or what our guys did for us
    Fortunately for me my Grandad was a Pit Deputy at North Walbottle (reserved occupation)
    but manned the pill box machine gun emplacement at the end of Newburn bridge for the home guard throughout the war,
    but his next door neighbour lost his son at Arnhem, he was only 22 and would often talk to me about him
    A Bridge too Far still leaves me shedding a tear even though I've watched it hundreds of times

J. J. McClure and KazakhToon like this.
  14. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

French Colonial units too

..No doubt the film (haven't seen yet) would be a lot, lot better and more historically accurate with the Americans saving us. (as they did in every IMPORTANT battle fought (which excludes such minor skirmishes as Stalingrad/Kursk/Op Bagration etc)

pauljohnhutch likes this.
  15. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

OFF TOPIC...

Dear Uncle Albert,

I have a shocking admission to make...up to the age of seven I used to support Tottenham Hotspur in the old English First Division...I would look for their score once a week on Saturday on Football Focus and be delighted for all of two seconds had they won. Steve Perryman and Pat Jennings were my heroes, I had pictures of them on my bedroom wall. I guess I was a Spud, albeit a junior one. :(

I also 'followed' Kilmarnock in the Scottish league, but only I think because it sounded so cool to a young boy....KIL...MAR.....NOCK! It reminded me of the word hockle, a fine pastime for young boys.

At the eight of seven and three quarters I got dropped on my head...sorry, I went to my first toon match and have never looked back....yes I know :undecided:

Anyhow, I guess I am in the same boat as you....dropping a shytty team for something much more glamourous! <laugh>

Fek 'em all <applause>

Howay the lads,

Yours
    Dorty Perv <cheers>

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  16. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

****ing ban him ACS

And ban yaself while ya at it!

I firmly believe people should go to hell for the choices they made at 7 and 8.

17. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

By the way this inverted racism thing is getting on my tits.
    Noticing people's colour to the point we are literally ratio-ing races into everything. And apparently that's tolerance and diversity, when we make all our choices based on race

Paul Ince ****s me off the most for this. You don't get overlooked for management jobs due to colour Paul, it's actually because you're a **** manager and a ****ter person.

pauljohnhutch likes this.
  18. Dorty Dogbreath

<laugh>

Aye, and they should be reminded at any opportunity what dirty traitors, renegades and ****bags I, sorry, they, are....shall we dance? <party>

RobEllious and J. J. McClure like this.
  19. Dorty Dogbreath

I remember Paul Ince's tactics on that sheet of paper he had.....a picture of the penalty area and the goal, with arrows pointing towards the net and the word SHOOT! on it....brilliant <laugh>

He's still a very average manager though.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  20. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Agree. The pair of us need permanently banning. For clarity... are you INSISTING?

Marra SAFC 77 and RobEllious like this.