1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Last Person To Post Wins...........

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Shinycitylad7, Apr 11, 2012.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

This is a good speech, that has made me think. Not talking about immigration and stuff like that but talking about things that could happen.

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

I'm voting out. To be honest I'm not sure what's the best option is. It feels like when you're watching a speech for both sides, that is all scare tactics and none of it is 100% legit... Out seems the best option to me.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The first time, when I was a young man, I voted In based on the same crap they are promising us all now, please don't fall for the same ****e, we can take care of our selves, we are as good as any nation, they need our money and our markets, just Vote out to regain our freedom..<wizard>

4. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I have made my mind up.. I want out. Its purely about borders and security for my kids.

I like being European and being able to work and travel easily but the price we pay for that is simply not worth it.

5. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I have no idea, all I hear is ****e from the news why it'll be bad if we leave, they just focus on one side

6. Shinycitylad7

This is my main concern... Staying would see us exposed to stupid laws. Yes we need to help these 3rd world countries but we don't want them cramming up our country with extremists at the same time. At least if we're out we have a say on who enters.

7. RedorDead

To me the horse has already bolted on the immigration side.
    When I flew into the country the other night, we flew in over Brighton up to Heathrow and down the M4 corridor. All I could see was lights the country is just like a Christmas tree showing there ain't no room in this country for more people. It was something to see they ought to show photos of it to see that all towns and cities virtually just blend into each other.
    The strangest thing I thought of was when the pilot announced that route he said we was just north of Paris and I actually thought we was over sea as there was no lights to be seen. So either France save money by turning off their lights and don't drive on the roads at night. Or they have loads of unbuilt up land that no one stops when going through France to get to here.

However just a quick question, if we are out of the EU then does the football laws go back to how they were? Technically would Kodjia be allowed to carry on playing for us?

8. banksyisourhero

Imagine what it would be like if 78m Turks are allowed to come here any time they like. plus the many thousands of illegal immigrants here who are just criminals could be quickly removed as we won't be tied in to ridiculous EU laws, as many have said Immigration of the right kind is good for the UK, we would be able to allow people in from other parts of the world like the USA who would contribute to us.

9. Shinycitylad7

Isn't France worse off than us imagination wise?

10. banksyisourhero

I should imagine so.. <laugh>

11. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

I can't see a solution outside of the EU where we can have anything near the level of border control out voters desire. We will end up like Norway or Switzerland with an open border without the benefits of EU.

12. banksyisourhero

Why do you think we can't close our borders MTG, all the politicians on the out side are confident we would be able to control our borders?

And genuinely out of interest what do you consider to be the benefits of EU?

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I don't just want control of our borders, I don't want a bunch of unelected, career minded, self seeking bureaucrats backed up by a supreme court that has supremacy over any nations sovereign rulings, making our parliament nothing more than a county council, I just want to be free of Brussels contemptuous controls, I am more than willing to pay the extra 2 or 3 pence on my income tax to cover the cost of our leaving.

14. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Michael Gove, Ian Duncan Smith, Jack Lopresti, Nigel Farage, Nick Griffin, Boris Johnson, Rupert Norwich etc are all massive ****ers and I would trust them with anything.

Also benefits:

Science industry is better in EU
    Enginering industry is better in EU
    Easier to travel into Europe
    Garunteed workers rights (sick pay, Maternity leave etc)
    Human rights garunteed
    European arrest warrant
    Investment coming from us in the EU
    No export tax
    Pound is stronger in the EU v euro/dollar etc
    Regulations against harmful non EU imports ie making sure things aren't dangerous to us
    Lower roaming charges in EU
    Can work abroad/live abroad in EU
    Free medical care in Europe
    Easier to negotiate trade deals with China etc in EU
    Power of having a larger group of countries when dealing with non EU countries

List goes on

15. banksyisourhero

Well your first paragraph is hardly an enlightenment of the debate. but we'll put that aside. (Corbyn was saying the same as those people not so long ago)

Lets break this down.

Take the first 2 in your list and explain why?

I will accept the 3rd as given. (although we still stand in hour long queues with passport controls the same as we ever did?)

16. RedorDead

Yes because they travel through there, to get here.
    it was strange though looking at it.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  17. RedorDead

You mention a few times regulations regarding safety, you do realise that safety is a British thing. Just cross a road on a zebra crossing in Europe compared to Britain illustrates that. We have even got our own safety standards as the Europeans can't be trusted. Electricity is ****e in Europe they don't even earth their flow?
    Most of the things you've listed are things that we've imposed, before the EU there was charging for treatment when we became involved we set up the E11 form which basically states that the NHS will fund the cost for British tax payers. Not the way you believe it is.
    Pound is strong against a weak euro will not change, the euro is weak and probably always will be hence why we've not adopted it like the rest of Europe.
    Lower roaming charges?? Is that really a good point to stay in? **** me it's probably us that campaigned it on the basis that most of the mobile phone companies are the same just under a different name and charging a fortune. They've got away with this for years and years and now they have been restricted. Remember it was 3 who started capping in the eu and forced the others into action.
    Why is it easier to trade with China etc? It's supply and demand if we want it then they will deal with us. No idea why you want to deal with a country who are possibly the worse payers of workers going anyway. Why not when the restrictions have gone manufacture it ourselves like steel again?

18. banksyisourhero

I have told MTG before, we have already started a trade deal with China..

19. banksyisourhero

20. RedorDead

The issue is that he believes in things like the E11 form for free treatment. Without knowing it became a European benefit after one of our suggestions.
    Also safety standards are really only trying to bring Europe into line with us.
    You can take all the good things and dig and 90% of the time will be because we insisted on it.
    To talk about the strength of the pound like it's all down to the euro trade. Without considering if the euro was so good why did the British never sign up to it? We kept the pound because it's strong against euro and dollars. If we opt to stay in you can bet that the euro zone will try and get us to tie into the euro dropping the pound.