1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

lee johnson

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Feb 17, 2017.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

supporters of Bristol City are signing a petition to hand in to the board to get Lee Johnson sacked according to the Evening post today also spotted it on the BBC sport on teletext last night. Didn't he have a vote of confidence last week

2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't see him being sacked

3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

They can't keep sacking managers, they'll never get anywhere by doing that, if they do go down then they should stick with him, he is young and in my opinion a good choice for the long term, loyalty City, come on show some loyalty.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The post are saying 500 have signed the petition. Seeing they get over 15k at each home game, it only seems to be a very very very small minority who actually want him gone. Doing petitions in football is pointless anyway. He is doing a great job say I. Keep up the great work LJ.

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm still not sure why they appointed him in the first place. If they wanted a younger manager helm then why didn't they go for someone Paul Tisdale? How is LJ rated as one of the best young coaches around? He's achieved fook all so far yet DC has achieved 3 promotions without a pot piss in when it comes to transfer funds yet he gets no recognition from the football media.

6. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

It hasn't even got to 400 yet let alone 500. A very small minority like you say.
    I agree but I think you will find that in the last 10 seasons you have had more managers than us.

7. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Like many others I hope that City stick with Johnson, Our board stuck with DC and the rest as they say is history. If these supporters who have signed this petition get their way and City sack Johnson will they be big enough to own up to making a mistake if City change their manage and then get relegated. At the beginning when City were doing well under his management there were no calls for him to be sacked, as a manager he can only tell the players what to do and if they make a silly error or concede a silly goal there is nothing he can do about it at that time. They would be far better off getting behind the team and giving them their full support and helping and encouraging them.
    He has brought in new signings and they need time to gel and get used to each other's way of playing and calling for the manager who signed them to be sacked is not going to help them play any better but it might damage their confidence which will affect their performances

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<applause>

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The post reported 500. They cant even get the simple things right <doh>

If that is the case that we have had more managers than you over the last 10 seasons, then that goes to prove Delsy's point. In last 10 seasons, with all the sacking we been doing in this time, we have had 2 relegations which also included dropping out of the football league. Since sticking with our manager (even after dropping out of the football league and losing 3 out of our 1st 7 games which included defeats against part timers Braintree and Altrincham), we have had a double promotion and not far outside the play offs for a potential triple promotion (wont happen of course). So sacking and chamging managers all the time got us relegated twice. Sticking with the manager when it was bad had reaped its rewards getting us 2 promotions and maybe a push for another.

old timer and bs3 gas like this.
  10. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I take your point CJS. but sticking with the manager only applies if you have chosen a suitable one.

LJ has spent a relative fortune and shifted in and out a massive number of players.
    His poor results seemed to have started with the loss at Cardiff.
    Prior to the match, Cardiff were in the relegation zone on 11 games; 8 points, City flying high on11 games; 20 points.
    Since that game Cardiff have collected 34 points, City 12 points, and they have replaced each other in the top and bottom half of the table.
    Now I know Mr Warnock isn't everybody's favourite, but I don't think his spend has been a fraction of LJ's. But his proven championship record seems to be impeccable.
    The guys who care about City are hurting. We know what that feels like from our own demise not too long ago.
    I care about Bristol sport (note the small s) and would prefer to see both clubs doing well. Okay, ours better than theirs.
    Our city needs to get our sporting achievements into the top flight where we can be proud not be embarrassed.
    Unfortunately the days when people held up their hand and admitted that they couldn't cut the mustard are long gone in football because they are obliged to forfeit the huge sums of money which go hand in hand with the resignation.
    It's a shame people can't man up!!

Redprintt likes this.

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

City fans have tried banners, now a petition and rest assured it will get worse.
    Yes we get over 15k a game and yes there's less than 500 who've signed.
    Don't be fooled about the numbers, all 15k City fans back the shirt not the manager.
    There is huge discontent growing at AG. It's just a matter of time.
    Have a laugh on us and Lansdown.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Every time I have done this in the past it has always backfired on me. Although I am desperate to do it again, I will wait until it gets a lot worse :)

13. Redprintt

Not always CJS, you laughed loudly about Ashton Vale.

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Actually I laughed throughout AV as I was into a lot of wumming back then. But was gutted for you guys after it was announced that AV was not happening. I think the size of Bristol, we both should be able to have a new top quality stadium each. So I was gutted when AV was announced to have fallen through. Yes I had my laughs during that process and like I said, it always backfired on me because look what happened with Sainsburys buying the Mem? Look at whats going on at UWE? If that aint payback then what is?? <ok>

15. Redprintt

'I was into a lot of wumming back then'

Fair play, but I foolishly took the bait about your supposed dog walking exploits and numerous other comments.
    After reading your latest magnanimous comment above I sincerely apologise.

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I honestly thought that you all knew my comments about AV were wums and I was just messing around. I didnt even have a dog <laugh><ok> Also my wums were not really aimed at most of you reds on here. Back then, a few of us gasheads like gas, Bluebaldee and Chris and a few of you reds like Shiny, Wiz, Massive & ROD, we all had a good friendly relationship with banter between us all. My wums on AV was aimed at them to have a laugh with them. I didnt really think about what the rest of you reds would think about the wums. I guess if you dont know about the history between some members on here on both sides of the divide, some comments may look way out of line and some may be taken seriously when it isnt or some may look like just pure hatred when really its just a bit of fun between a group of us. Thats why in 1 thread I was wumming and having a laugh and a joke with wiz for example and then on another thread I could be saying something completely opposite to someone like smhbcfc or AlanDicksTheGreat for example I would be sincere with my comments too and then I get accused of having a forked tongue because im acting different in different threads :(

Everytime though when we blues would wum you lot, it would always backfire and something would always happen to Rovers. After all, we are the gift that keeps on giving! So where I have grown up a bit now due to things away from this forum, I now do far less wumming. Im sure though if you go down, I will have something lined up though <whistle> But I do honestly think that you have 3 worse clubs than yourself in your league which will save you <ok>

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Redprintt likes this.
  17. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I understand it was little uncomforatable for him last night over there at the gate.

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Just a little <laugh>

He played Taylor on the left wing last night. At least he didnt get a chance to miss a sitter this time <laugh>

19. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

They won't get much change from Newcastle or Villa. He'll probably be gone by March. Hope they don't try to tempt DC, though!

20. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member