1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds - just another game?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Halford was ok but can't see him being more than a bench warmer next season.

Our midfield needs pace but cannot fault them yesterday. Could do with finding a Hernandez, Knockhart or Forestiere type of player with some real creativity.

Gunnersson, Morrison excellent with the 2 wingers impressing with Noones' assist & Harris' covering back plus forward runs noticeable.

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Halford is the sort of player you buy when you're trying to stay in a division rather than climb out of it.

From the vids I've watched he played reasonably well on Saturday, but that was against what turned out to be a very poor opposition in the end that Warnock exploited to the full.

Committment and not necessarily outright skill is Warnock's benchmark for this season. With all due respect to Gunnar, he's the epitome of a typical Warnock player right now and he's going to be a vital component on the pitch this season and next. Whether we need another like him in the side depends upon Tan's ambition and wallet.

I can't honestly see room for Halford next year in a starting eleven that's going to try to win something. We need skill in the midde of the park to win games and not another clogger trying not to lose them. Serious money needed on some skillfull players to add to the grunt of Gunnar.

Halford should have to wait for an injury or suspension to get in the side if we're serious about this.

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Handy to have in the bench as he can cover a few defensive positions in back four and midfield. What's he like in goal? <whistle>

Not to start unless desperate.

Wonder what we will do tomorrow if Bennett and Pilks are fit?

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Doris said something of note recently, which considering she had a mouthful at the time was quite interesting pals, went like this:
    Why isn't Morrison playing up front alongside Zahore, as he likes a goal and the hugs that go with it.
    Why hasn't Tan, considering his aptitude for making a dollar or two.....selling the rights to call Cardiff City Stadium by a sponsors name?
    Couldn't answer, just saying........

5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Nice.....I sure wouldn't.t have put money on Cardiff for this one but like most of you know .. What the fuk do I know