1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rhino's are just fat unicorns

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tickton Tiger., Mar 5, 2015.

1. City Lover

City Lover Active Member

There are loads of rugby fans in Hull who support any football club but Hull City. Hull FC's SCUM fans are the worst offenders at this.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

On the contrary...

nash likes this.
  3. nash

nash Active Member

Your really making a determined play for the "Posting Bollox" title aren't you

4. City Lover

City Lover Active Member

George Staples is a massive Hull City hater. He is a former Cottingham primary school headteacher who is from the Rotherham area. He turned against football in his earlier years. On moving to Hull he became a massive FC fan and developed an irrational hatred for Hull City. For at least the last 20 years he has bombarded local and sometimes national media with the sole intent of slagging off Hull City.

When we were outside the Premier League he would constantly say FC are Hull's premier club and that City should always have less media coverage as a result. Even the other week he had a letter printed in the HDM saying City are a rubbish PL team so FC should get more coverage.

To make matters worse, Staples has a terrible mournful voice that drones on and on. He's a prize prat like most FC fans.

Newland Tiger and andydixon63 like this.
  5. nash

nash Active Member

You may want to check the dictionary definition of MOST, all clubs in all sports have a share of prats in their supporter base

6. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Proof that I'm not making it up then! I must have got the wrong house in skidby because then one I thought was his did have HKR and LFC crests on the drive gates.
    Got my own back on the miserable twat when I got a 'good luck City' message printed in the HDM before the Championship Play-Off Final at Wembley, adding 'always said you could do it, good luck lads, Staples family, Skidby Tigers'
    He is a good example of the enemy in this city who wish City nothing but failure.

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Don't shoot the messenger.

If he sold up, it'd be a way of being involved as a thorn in the side.

8. nash

nash Active Member

That happens because Hull FC have some supporters who travel from the south bank, prob due to having no competition.They also have support from further away including one redoubtable chap who attends most home games travelling from his home in Edinburgh, so not all RL fans are morons,mindless,thick,scum as made out by some rather narrowminded hackneyied posters on here

HHH and look_back_in_amber like this.
  9. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

To get this wound up over something which doesn't actually effect you in the slightest is utterly pointless. Life's to short, support your club and don't worry about the other, you'd be a happier person.

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

In what way does travelling from Scotland or Scunthorpe become a measure of intelligence?

11. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

I'd argue that travelling from Scotland to watch this current FC team is probably proving lack of intelligence if anything!

Mr. Hat 6.3 recurring and DMD like this.
  12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The attitudes generated by matters like those tubby quotes do affect quite a few people, and in a not insignificant way.

Perhaps your missionary zeal should be at least equally applied to your fellow Airlie Birds.

13. Siegfried's cat

Siegfried's cat Active Member

I don't really give a monkey's about rugby. I've only ever been to one game when a mate won tickets to see FC a couple of years ago. The game seemed to be very stop/start and I soon grew bored. I will admit I have seen some duller City games, but not many. That been said, I would never slag someone off for supporting another Hull based team (although coming from East Hull I would tend to favour Rovers when looking at results) so find it disgusting that rugby fans will slag off City.

14. nash

nash Active Member

Ha Ha !! The fact is that HCAFC,HFC,HKR all have SUPPORTERS who have followed THEIR team through thick and thin when they have been in a lot worse place than they are today, and they do it because they SUPPORT their TEAM and I find it wrong to decry someone for that, especially when were all from the same City ffs

dakins lift shaft likes this.
  15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

It's a good job there's barely any FC fans of the bitter ilk of this Tubbylard, City Lover and Castro.

If there was I don't think I and the rest of the he rugby crowd could have brought ourselves along in 2008, and City's premiership crowds would be around 15,000.

16. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

I hope you kept your LFC shirts "just in case" ??

Barchullona likes this.
  17. Tickton Tiger.

I get wound up because this man has been posting negative ****e about Hull City and getting a regular half a page, and sometimes more in the local newspaper as a platform to spout his bile for over a quarter of a century, based on nothing but some twisted hatred of Hull City.
    He also spouts up in the nationals and on radio phones-in's from locally to 5Live every time Hull City are featured.
    As a club we have just enjoyed the best decade in the clubs history, times and heights that this man has almost weekly wrote we are incapable of reaching, yet he is still sending lengthy letters and getting them published in the local rag slagging our club off.
    And he is not on his own.
    Perhaps if more people got wound up about it and gave his club ( Hull FC) a bit of his own medicine then maybe he might shut the **** up.?

spesupersydera, DMD and Barchullona like this.
  18. Tickton Tiger.

Believe me Hat there are plenty of bitter FC fans regarding Hull City.
    I don't know you, but guessing you are a housebound elderly bloke who spends most of your time on here, probably someone with a passing interest in RL, being brought up on Hessle Road ( or within 50 miles of it) but haven't actually paid at the turnstiles to watch a RL game since the all-Hull final.
    You may have been a City fan up to the club selling Chris Chilton, then like thousands of others deserted them and latched onto RL and maybe, at a guess Leeds United, who were the popular choice of that time? It must be sad for blokes of that age (45 and upwards) who chose that particular path and now see City in the Premiership when they have spent the majority of their adult lives ridiculing them and anyone who supports them.........
    Either that or your are about 18? I would lean more to the housebound old codger with a chip on both shoulders.
    Because if you had any genuine interest and history behind you supporting Hull City, not only during the last 10 years but when we were struggling at the foot of the FL ladder you would know that every word I write about the deep animosity and resentment there is from one RL club in this city towards the football club is true, deep seated and goes back to our very beginnings.
    Perhaps it hasn't always been noticeable to the average Joe on the terraces when it was just, a few bob, even a few pennies to get into a game, the whole scenario changed when sport became big business and not just a play thing of a few wealthy businessmen who lent the clubs a few quid to get a return on a matchday.
    There was a time when every sports fan in Hull supported which particular Hull team who were at home on a Saturday afternoon, those halcyon days sadly ended about the same time FC rebranded themselves as 'Hull's Premier Sports Club'
    I have said many times and I firmly believe it that Hull City reaching the Premier League was some people in our own city worse nightmares come true. Sad, I know, but true never the less.

19. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Far too good for the Dullers. FACT.

Elsewhere, what is going on with Wigan Warriors atm ? Another bad defeat @ Castleford last night. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

A bit more than 50 miles, he's from Leicester.