1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds United Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Jul 24, 2017.

1. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

As is usual for this time of the year, I start to build our depth chart for the season ahead ... this will be updated if and when any new transfers arrive ... players in brackets can play that position but not their speciality

GOALKEEPER
    Wiedwald; Lonergan; Peacock-Farrell

RIGHT-BACK
    Ayling; Berardi; (Anita); Coyle - on loan at Fleetwood

LEFT-BACK
    Borthwick-Jones; Anita; (Berardi); (Alioski); (Dallas); (Gomes); Denton - on loan at Port Vale

CENTRE-BACK
    Jansson; Cooper; Pennington; Shaughnessy; (Ayling); (Borthwick-Jones)

CENTRE-MID
    O'Kane; Vieira; Phillips; Klich; Anita; (Saiz); Murphy - on loan at Burton

ATTACKING-MID
    Saiz; Hernandez; (Roofe); (Alioski); (Klich)

RIGHT-WING
    Sacko; Alioski; Roofe; (Dallas); (Grot); (Cibicki)

LEFT-WING
    Alisoki; Roofe; Dallas; Gomes; (Sacko); (Grot); (Cibicki)

STRIKER
    Lasogga; Ekuban; Grot; Cibicki; (Roofe); Antonsson - on loan at Blackburn; Wilks - on loan at Accrington

NEW ACADEMY SIGNINGS
    Madger Gomes (Left-Mid; Left-Back) 20 from Liverpool

Adrian Balboa Balboa (Striker) 19 from UD Bellvitge in Barcelona ... recommended by Clotet

Hoskun Temenuzhkov (Striker) 17 from Barcelona Academy

Alejandro Mahuca (Attacking Mid; Right Wing) 19 signed from Rayo Vallecano Academy (Real Madrid from age 9 to 16)

Ousama Siddiki (Striker) 19 from Real Madrid Academy

Oriol Rey (Centre Back) 19 from Barcelona Academy

Ousami Bouy (Centre-Mid, Centre Back) 24 from Juventus (on loan at CDL in Spain's Segunda Liga)[/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    The-Don, davy, ellandback and 5 others like this.
  2. BillysStatue

looking at that depth chart, we definitely need a Left-Back and a Centre-Back ... Striker may well be looked at as well depending on whether or not Doukara and Antonsson leave

davy, ellandback and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

We need a coach that understands how the championship works .

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Good post Billy. I think Antonnson & Duke need to go as not much game time for them and maybe too expensive to play for the development squad. I also think Bridcutt is surplus to requirements and so too with Dallas unless he has done enough for Tommy to see something he didnt show us last season.

What will finish up as the best midfield combo I wonder.

5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Fair to say that it still doesn't look like a very balanced squad.

6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Agree with all but Dallas. With his industry, he's a great defensive LM for closing out a game.

BillysStatue likes this.
  7. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

now isn't that the truth but bet no one acknowledges it <laugh>

8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Antonnsen, Dallas, Bridcutt and perhaps Doukara to leave.

That still leaves us overspilling with midfielders

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Antonnson gutted as he wanted to show what he could do this season, but looks like he will have to move on to play regular football. He has had plenty of offers especially from Scandinavia. I wish him luck as I thought he was a great signing but he fired blanks. Think he scored 14 goals in 25 games when we signed him, and he chose us over many suiters.

10. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Not always true, but I understand your point of view. Happy that we don't have somebody whose only experience of the championship is relegation though

11. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Wouldn't get rid of Doukara. He can fill a number of positions. He is clumsy but has strength and speed to go with it and seems happy enough not to be a first team regular (his contract got extended at the end of last season if I'm not mistaken??)

Its time to trim a bit of the fat. Antonsson to go back to Sweden I'd imagine, Dallas does get unfair stick at times but I think its time for him to move on as well. Wouldn't be too unhappy if Bridcutt left considering his wages but he'd still have a part to play if he stayed.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Duke for me is clumsy and we cant have clumsy as that means losing the ball too many times which can mean conceding through a free kick, attack broken down even open goal chances missed. Nice bloke, committed but not good enough now.

When we are still being linked with top wingers you have to say that Dallas is history, especially if we use a wing back style of play. Sacko had better start delivering too as he may be on the sell list if not careful.

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

TC has worked out that the top 2 go up, 3-6 are play offs and bottom 3 go down.

He nailed that question in the job interview.

14. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Stick with him and you will :emoticon-0136-giggl

15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

sound familiar ? like the other 70 signings you made and those you are still making <doh>
    when will you learn <yikes>

although there is a difference Cellino wasn't daft enough to give them 4 year contracts lucky eh as they have all gone down the drain <whistle>

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  16. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

With respects to your view on Antonsson Doc,

I don't think he's been given a proper chance, even though he played cup games. Wood didn't do anything at beginning of last season, and he was on outer too.

What I like about Ant is, he's a busy bee upfront, he's quick and knows how to lose his man, and is capable of scoring goals. like most strikers he needs certain players behind him, I think he'd have that with the likes of Klich, Samu and Alioski, players who know how to split a defence. If TC doesn't give him a decent opportunity then I think he'll be off for regular football.

We also have Ekuban as a striker, many are expecting same results from Wood this season, can't see it happening, with the new signings it'll be a whole different ball game, and not the one set up by cough splutter, Monk.

It's looking like we're setting up for a more attacking game with big input from midfield, Alioski may/will relegate Sako to bench if TC plays him on right, but Alioski can play both wings. Samu it seems likes to come in from around the middle, I think we're going to see a lot more edge of box shots, and with a winger who knows how to play the final touch as well as score, then we have Klich, who likes to split defences with his passes. Sounds at moment like we could be playing a faster passing game.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

Farsleyexile likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

LL I agree to a certain extent and Monk could only play 4-5-1 which was lucky we had Wood, but it also flagged us up for being one dimensional as the 4 in the midle for a 4-4-2 were not good enough to hold/create so had to have 5 in there. Marcus would be a good option with Ekubahn in a 4-4-2 if we are going to pay real wing football. But his career has been blighted as not much chance of a game and Monk preferred to push Roofe up with Wood when he was pressing, or even Duke. Maybe Tommy has seen enough to make him think goals will come if given game time. He did miss a sack full this close season though

18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Antonsson has failed to impress 2 managers now. There has to be a reason for that. It may not be the skills you mention, but perhaps a mental attitude problem, or inability to play in a particular disciplined way. I don't know the answer, but both managers appear to share the same view.

But why rubbish Wood again? He scored 2 in his first 2 games last season. If that's not 'doing anything', wtf is?? <doh> You continue to delude yourself.

Alioski will start. Doesn't matter which wing he plays on, as he'll switch during the game. Same goes for Roofe. Both on fire. Will be very surprised if Sacko starts ahead of them, unless there's a knock or something involved.

Saiz has only featured so far playing forward off Wood in a 4-4-1-1, and tbh, has been disappointing. It looks as though Hernandez has secured that berth for now, but I don't expect him to play every game, as he doesn't have the legs or consistency. Not sure if it's Saiz or Klitch to replace him as we've not seen either in that role yet.

As I mentioned in my match reports, we already are playing a pace team with a lot of varied, accurate passing - well, the 'probables' team is. The 'possibles' team haven't got it together yet. Guess that's because the focus has been on getting everything right with the season's starting eleven.

There you go, no abuse. A simple response to help get you up to speed.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Probably make a great thread on its own "Which Players Failed to Live up To Their Potential" Antonnson would be 1, Trundle, Elding, Barn Door Billy, Morison Grimes.....

20. BillysStatue

be a fcuking long list, because majority of players in last 14 seasons couldn't cope playing at Elland Road ... it's not easy being at Leeds, a lot of reputations suffered on the Elland Road pitch

leeds60 and Eric Le Merde like this.