1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester, Leicester and more frigging Leicester!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by MrRAWhite, May 4, 2016.

1. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I find myself changing channels to avoid all the over the top ****e going on at the moment...
    I'm surprised that the BBC haven't asked Lester Piggott for his twatting opinions for Christ's sake..<grr>

Gil T Azell and Marra SAFC 77 like this.
  2. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Well done to them and all that but I find the fact that they are planning a movie about it rather embarrassing.

The Norton Cat and MrRAWhite like this.
  3. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

And Mark lester out of the film Oliver !, they will make a film next, but who can play Vardy, Jason stathom maybe. Lineker will be having a field day now the BBC will offer live coverage of the open bus tour lasting about 6 hours, interviews with the whole team, jokes about foxes Basil brush etc. Obama needs to comment s well.

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Making a film about what is probably the greatest sporting achievement of all time doesn't seem far fetched. It's got all the ingredients for a good sports film, a mixed bunch of unproven and unfancied players, a manager towards the end of his career looking for one last challenge, only just avoiding relegation the previous year only to win the damn thing the next.

It's a real underdog story and everyone likes those.

Just make it primarily about Ranieri as he's such a likeable bloke and include loads of his slightly wacky quotes and you've got something potentially great to work with.

5. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I don't believe any football film can ever be as good as Escape to Victory! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Every dog has its day.....apart from us lot in the north east that is :undecided:

To be fair that could have been any number of teams but just happened to be Leicester City...it was the perfect storm, the top teams messing up and a team of supposed no-hopers going on an incredible run. It does show that a football club needs to be run properly from the top downwards.....starting with the owner/chairman, then the manager/coach and then the players, etc.

Still, I might put a couple of quid on Leicester going down next season.

Nostalgic likes this.
  7. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Hate the b*stards.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  8. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

It goes on and on. Harry Panayiotou, on loan from Leicester, has just scored to put Raith Rovers into the Scottish Championship play-off final. Just thought you'd all like to know that. :emoticon-0100-smile

MrRAWhite and Gil T Azell like this.
  9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I wonder what'd happen if it was us! Chances are it'd be a similar amount of press but they'd probably highlight the fouls and dives that won it!

red&white wanderer likes this.
  10. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

2008 relegated to league 1
    2009 promoted to championship.
    2014 promoted to prem
    2016 prem champions.

Whats not to like?

Sunderland. Man City. Leicester.

All 3 been in the old 3rd division. Spot the odd one out.

Mackem-Tiz and MaradonerKebab like this.

11. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I suppose the topping on this cake is that IIR correctly we had a thread on here about laughing at Leicester at the start of the season. I must admit to going onto their board on Monday night to say well done,

Mackem-Tiz and Billy Death like this.
  12. The Relic

Couldn't agree more. Whatever you do, there will always be a few knockers. Apparently, MrRAW had a bad experience down at Leicester once and I can well understand how that sours his view of the place. But some will just knock success for no particular reason.

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I did also.

Billy Death likes this.
  14. Nostalgic

Good fortune has got to land somewhere and I would rather it landed on the likes of us or other clubs that missed on the zillions that the big boys generated through winning nowt but still qualifying for the champions league.

Just look at last season when Chelsea were playing negative stuff and then got a lucky break at Liverpool when Gerrard slipped and Chelsea got a goal that secured the championship. Their strategy for that season had been "do not lose to the big boys" and let them beat each other. Mourinho was hailed a genius,and Rodgers a flop. Chelsea ready to take on the world etc. but without that win at Liverpool they may not have secured the top spot.

Transpose the event and Klopp could have been at Chelsea and Rodgers still at Liverpool.

15. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Wrong..<whistle>

16. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Come on Nos, if you're gonna moan about the big boys at least try to remember what happened...

Gerrard's slip led to Liverpool losing the title to Man City, it wasn't last season either. <ok>

17. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

18. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

When you think we scrapped out a 0-0 draw last season at the SOL which secured Leicesters safety, we have stood still since then and they have gone on to win the league, good luck to them, am I jealous, you bet I am, can we improve? Under Sam I think we have and if we secure safety next week we have to use Leicesters achievement and try to emulate them. Fingers crossed for the coming 11 days.

The Relic likes this.
  19. The Relic

Fair does, mate. I seemed to remember that you'd had a barny at Leicester years ago. But now I've checked back, I find there was something more which you refused to discuss with Cardew. i'm not asking - it's none of my business. But anyway, the point I was making is that at least you have a reason(s). Others will just knock success without any decent reason. :emoticon-0150-hands

20. Nostalgic

OK, I stand corrected about the incident but was writing from memory, just thought it was towards end of last season just before he retired. The comment about the big boys was taken from the standpoint that the revenue generated by the ECL gives a huge financial advantage enabling teams to be forever in the top spots by dint of finance rather than ability.

Look at this year;s finalist. Nowhere near to winning the Spanish championship last year. I have my hopes that Ahletico win it this time though as the scoreline in the last final they had by no means reflected the performances.